How'd you get the name?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: How'd you get the name?

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

baptistcreature wrote:My uncle had a local punk band called the Baptist Creatures back in the mid-80's and they would use my school pictures on their promotional materials.
That's...slightly creepy.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
baptistcreature ( 40 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by baptistcreature »

s_o_r_r_o_w wrote:
That's...slightly creepy.
Nah, all in good fun. Granted, I might feel differently if we had been living somewhere other than a rural area in Mississippi.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

baptistcreature wrote: My uncle had a local punk band called the Baptist Creatures back in the mid-80's and they would use my school pictures on their promotional materials.
baptistcreature wrote:we [lived in] a rural area in Mississippi.
You're not making it better. ;)
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
baptistcreature ( 40 )
Apprentice Trader

Lol, not the touchy kind of uncle, I swear.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

...and you Eric?
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
baptistcreature ( 40 )
Apprentice Trader

MagickalMemories wrote:Image
Hey, I'll have you know that was set in Georgia...he's got way too many teeth to be from Mississippi. :-P
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

kturock wrote:...and you Eric?
Nothing Magickal.

Before joining BTown I sold "commission" models (mostly painted fantasy models) on Feebay. I wanted something that seemed whimsical, yet could relate to what I was doing. I wanted the customer's memories of the sale to be "magical." "MagicalMemories" was taken on my email provider (I wanted the email address to match the Feebay ID), but "MagickalMemories" was available on both.

For transparency and to ensure that my reputation followed me wherever I went, that is the User ID I chose for all of my User IDs on trade and gaming sites.
If you see a MagickalMemories on another site, it's likely me (though I'm only active on Feebay, Dakka and BTown any more - no time for all the others). If it's not me... the b*stard better not be trying to get credit for the reputation I've worked my butt off to craft and earn! LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

Bout 15 years ago now I was making my first email address and needed to come up with a name. I had a copy of the 3rd? 3.5? edition starter box for D&D and took liking to the Dwarf in it. So I just stole his name, but working from memory as I didn't have it in front of me I added a "c" to the name. Been using it as a moniker everywhere since. In fact since its what I use everywhere online I've taken to using it in real life as well. Makes it simpler when meeting people I previously only knew on the interwebs so if you ever run into a Tordeck online or a guy with it embroidered on a leather vest IRL then yeah its me.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
saramin ( 532 )
Resident Trader

Post by saramin »

Mine was the name of a D&D character I played in college... 20 years ago... even back then I used the name in chats ands BBS's

it has just stuck with me all these years
Trade Rules: all unless otherwise arranged
Lower Rating ships first, but like ratings can ship at the same time.
Trades are retail for retail.
Shipping is always to be priority mail with dc#'s exchanged.
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

Way back in 1986 when I was dating then girlfriend, (now wife) her father was into a mountain man / black powder group. All of them had "mountain man" names that were bestowed upon them in a Native American style campfire ceremony. He gave me the name "Young Wolf". When AOL first started, I used the name as it was easy to remember. Another BBS later already had a "YoungWolf", so I added a 7 at the end, becoming YoungWolf7. I've used that everywhere ever since.

Disclaimer:
The "777" here came when I had to start a new account as I lost the email account that the original was registered to. Yes, that's "multi-accounting." For the record, I did ask an admin to merge the two long ago, but it never happened.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

A chapter of some media/social theory on the loss of meaning in going to college, that I was reading while starting college.

10 snooty points for those who get the reference.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

spiralingcadaver wrote:A chapter of some media/social theory on the loss of meaning in going to college, that I was reading while starting college.

10 snooty points for those who get the reference.

Books on media? Heh, when I went to school we had books made of rocks. ;-)

I recall taking a mass media class back in high school.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Waaaaaay long time ago, like middle 80's (1984-6ish), I was at a party, someone pulls out a party game where you had to think of a new word to describe something non-standard.. but you had to do it by combining 2 nouns..

I got "the jelly that insulates SPAM from the can" .. and.. thus pork u slime... and when I got my first email account, that word popped into my head and.. suprisingly, it was available.. since then, all the email accounts, forum accounts, etc..

NOT, however, the job-related emails.. nope..
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

porkuslime wrote:Waaaaaay long time ago, like middle 80's (1984-6ish), I was at a party, someone pulls out a party game where you had to think of a new word to describe something non-standard.. but you had to do it by combining 2 nouns..

I got "the jelly that insulates SPAM from the can" .. and.. thus pork u slime... and when I got my first email account, that word popped into my head and.. suprisingly, it was available.. since then, all the email accounts, forum accounts, etc..

NOT, however, the job-related emails.. nope..

Ahh.. I thought you had the nickname of Pork, and after something you said or did; someone said, "Pork, you slime". ;-)

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”