Do you insure all of your packages for trades/sales?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Do you insure all of your packages for trades/sales?

Post by kturock »

Another picture showing the gentle machines dumping you packages on the belt. The guy there is just to remove and pile ups.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

See, that doesn't bother me. I pack my stuff properly to prevent damage from stacking, dropping, etc. Loss is the one I worry about.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Yeah, but you're not the kind of person that image is meant to attract the attention of. : )

It's those people who put a bunch of crap in ziplocs without padding, talking about, "But I always ship that way, and nobody has ever complained," that need to see this stuff.
: )

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

The first pick shows the 'up ramp' that takes the packages and bundles to a horizontal belt that dumps the mail onto 'down belt', that leads to another 'up belt' that leads to a keying station. Where people key the zip code in for the machine to sort it.
The 'new' system 'allows' for non-keyers to just put the package on the belt where a scanner, much like the ones in retail stores; scans the address.

This pic shows 2 actual keyers.

You can see that the angle belts push the packages onto the main transport. If you look closely, you'll see that each section is actually a belt that moves laterally.
You can see the scale that the main transport is about 5-6 feet high. That is driven by a giant cog wheel. Well, set of wheels. They are the same height.
The packages move at about 10-15 mph.
The entire thing is about 100-150 feet long. [depending on the building and mail volume.]

The new ones are 2 story and are loaded by fork lifts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Here is a link from a newspaper from Fort Lauderdale; which is about 30 minutes south of me.
I tshows several f the different sorting machines and even 1 pic shows a cage being dumped and the mail hitting the belt.

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-galler ... 345301002/

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”