Searching is currently broken.

We're aware that most searches result in a 504 Gateway Timeout error.

We are currently working with our host and the phpBB community to find a fix. Follow along, here.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes many of you, and we will update the thread linked when we have more information.

Thanks,
Plarz

Bartertown becoming a cash only site??

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

pretre ( 940 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Re: Bartertown becoming a cash only site??

Post by pretre » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:37 am

hapotte wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:11 pm
I know what you mean, shipping from Canada to the US almost a,ways starts in the 15-18 buck range so selling or buying singles for me is almost out of the question.
That's a cross border problem though. If you are trading within canada, I imagine it is much cheaper.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2

pretre ( 940 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by pretre » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:39 am

I used to have a description of using multi-order shipping on the paypal site in my signature, but too many people have not left me feedback and I had to cut it. :(
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2

pretre ( 940 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by pretre » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:42 am

Damn. I just checked. I've shipped about ~240 packages and paid over $1,000 in shipping in 2017. Which goes to show you, my average shipping price is around $4.

Edit: and that's without going to the post office. Although I did just splurge and buy a label printer.

hapotte ( 506 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by hapotte » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:47 am

pretre wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:37 am
hapotte wrote:
I know what you mean, shipping from Canada to the US almost a,ways starts in the 15-18 buck range so selling or buying singles for me is almost out of the question.
That's a cross border problem though. If you are trading within canada, I imagine it is much cheaper.
Canadapost is a funny thing, it can get a little cheaper 10-12$ range for boxes but it can also be higher than shipping to the States or the UK. It really depends on the region you are shipping to.
info about shipping: Lower ratting pays/ship first and I live in Canada.
thank you

warlordgarou ( 216 )
Bartertown Advertiser

Post by warlordgarou » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:10 pm

hapotte wrote:
I'm almost close enough to the border that I could drive across and head for the nearest post office in Canada to mail things, but I'm not sure that's an acceptable practice. :lol:

pretre ( 940 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by pretre » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:19 pm

I've seen a lot of Canadians with US po boxes so it can't be that frowned upon. :)

Gene Williamson ( 138 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Gene Williamson » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:03 pm

But with trades, most of the time both sides are paying very close to the same amount for shipping. If not I usually remind the the other trader difference in size or weight and try to get compensated in the trade for it. But I would rather not deal in money, because don't want to sale off
my hobby stuff. When I get cash, it goes to a join account and ends up getting spent on boring stuff like food and rent.

By trading I am allowed to replace hobby stuff with hobby stuff.. And not have to worry about having to plea bargain months later to be able
to buy something to replace the thing I sold.

MagickalMemories ( 742 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Well, I won't rehash the reasons for a lack of small item (1 or 2 pieces) trades/sales [shipping costs], because I feel it's been thoroughly enough discussed.
As for boxes, though, I like trading card boxes. Those little white beauties are inexpensive, and are STURDY AS HECK for shipping.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”