looking for destroyed 28mm WWII tanks. Any sources?

Want to discuss WWII or the War of the Roses? Here is the place! All historical discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

looking for destroyed 28mm WWII tanks. Any sources?

Post by usernamesareannoying »

Like the subject says I'm looking for a cheap source of WWII tanks that are either destroyed or cheap enough for me to destroy without feeling bad for terrain. Thanks.
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
H W Raney ( 418 )
Resident Trader

Re: looking for destroyed 28mm WWII tanks. Any sources?

Post by H W Raney »

Bit of a difficult one this.
It's extremely unlikely that you'll find any sufficiently cheap model or game kits retail to make that route worthwhile.
I would think your best bet would be yard & garage sales - a kid selling off a completed or partially completed kit for a few dollars.
Another possibility would be toys from the cheaper section of the toys department, possibly one of the those included with out-of-scale or out-of-period infantry. This would depend upon how beat up and/or mired in mud you want it to be. Interior detail would certainly be lacking.
A last, long shot might be to post a want advert in your local hobby or game shop. Maybe someone has an abandoned project they'd be willing to let go for a plain chant.
About all I can think of. Good luck with your project.
Wayne

PS Never fails - thought of one more possibility. Don't really know if these exist for 28mm armour but it might be worth looking into paper or print out models. Would lack interiors and might be a bit "boxy" but they should be cheap or even (well, the downloads anyway) free.
Personal Guidelines:
PayPal or MO are both welcome.
No trouble with Canadian or overseas orders. Just please be aware of the extra time and postage costs involved.
Significantly lower rating ships/pays first - this goes both ways.
usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

Re: looking for destroyed 28mm WWII tanks. Any sources?

Post by usernamesareannoying »

thanks Wayne.
im not having much luck so far.
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.

Return to “Armchair Generals”