Looking for 1/72 modern rules

Want to discuss WWII or the War of the Roses? Here is the place! All historical discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Looking for 1/72 modern rules

Post by eman1_2 »

Picked up a pile of 1/72 stuff. Some Abrams tanks, some Bradleys, some Hummers, T-72s, technicals (pick-ups with dudes in the back - these may be slightly larger scale, though). So I went out and picked up some 1/72 modern dudes (US soldiers and irregulars / 'terrorists').

Any ideas for a fairly simple game (to play with 5th graders)? Looking for 2 or 3 tanks, a few trucks / transports, and 15 or 20 dudes per side?
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
Severo ( 188 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Looking for 1/72 modern rules

Post by Severo »

Try Battlefield Evolution by Mongoose Publishing Here's a cheap rulebook on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlefield-Evo ... 4d0c76353d

If you are doing this to work with kids, I have spare unit cards that I will happily mail you for free. I won't be home for a couple of more weeks though.
eman1_2 ( 278 )
Resident Trader

Post by eman1_2 »

Thanks! I actually own that ruleset - just dont like it very much.
Mike

- A simple 'not interested' to a trade offer is just being polite. It helps people setting up multiple trades know where they stand.
- Google something for someone, they get an answer. Teach someone how to Google their own answer, they own the Internet.
s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

You might try Warlands. It's post Apoc, but loads of fun.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
Severo ( 188 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Severo »