WWII tank/vehicle skirmish rules?

Want to discuss WWII or the War of the Roses? Here is the place! All historical discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

Vanigan ( 26 )
BTown Regular

WWII tank/vehicle skirmish rules?

Post by Vanigan »

My group and I were talking last night and realized that we all had a lot of cool 15mm tanks and vehicles from Flames of War, but sometimes really just wanted to throw down with just a few tanks for an interesting skirmish game. Something where we could have fun with each player only controlling 1-3 tanks, with rules for reactions/opfire, and more?

Anyone know some good rules that would handle something like this? Also, something that would work at 15mm would be great, or at least reasonable at that scale. We're more of a gaming group than historical though.

For example, one player with a Tiger and the other with Shermans trying to get around them. Or 1 player with a King Tiger teamed up with another player with StuG IIIs, against a Soviet swarm of T34s and an IS-2.
captain_hook ( 0 )
New Trader

Re: WWII tank/vehicle skirmish rules?

Post by captain_hook »

One of the sets of rules we use for our 28mm skirmish games is Disposable Heroes by Iron Ivan. The rules are 1:1, with the basic unit being a platoon. Their latest version is Disposable Heroes: Point Blank, the basic unit with this set of rules is a squad. Both rules can be adapted to 15mm well. You can find more info on their web site, or their yahoo forum. http://www.ironivangames.com/

I haven't played the Point Blank rules yet, but we've used the Disposable Heroes platoon level game at several conventions. Easy to learn, fun to play, and you don't have agonize over half a dozen reference sheets. Unless you are going to play a predominantly armor game, you wouldn't want more than 2 or 3 tanks on each side.

Good luck!

Return to “Armchair Generals”