World War II Wargaming

Want to discuss WWII or the War of the Roses? Here is the place! All historical discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

dmebust ( 58 )
BTown Regular

Re: World War II Wargaming

Post by dmebust »

IABSM3 rules used around these parts. ETO in 12mm(Lloyd's miniatures), PTO in 20mm (my miniatures). I use many 1/72 scale figures with some select 20mm tossed in. Lots of plastic mod el kits fill out the vehicle needs. Really had fun putting together the Dragon brand Amtracks for the US forces. Next up are 6 Ha Go light tanks for the Japanese, also Dragon kits.
"Get There First with the Most"
Krovar ( 0 )
New Trader

Re: World War II Wargaming

Post by Krovar »

like most people here I too play FOW, but Chuckaroobob, friend of mine got me into Disposable Heroes and coffins for seven brothers. I really do dig this. The rules set is mainly set up for 28mms, but you can scale it to 20mms or 15mms. A standard 1000 pt force for Germans would consist of a platoon command squad of 5, 3 9 man platoons, then a choice of support weapons.
the rules are simple yet deadly. There are no saving throws, it all boils down to whether or not you hit your target. Most rifles and mgs have a kill power of 8 on a d10. (yes this game uses d10s). As for vehicles, the mgs can fire at inf and guns like inf. But the main armament on a tank must acquire its target. This means you have to roll first to acquire. Once you have locked onto your target then the roll is unmodified.

Return to “Armchair Generals”