So (Leading Question Coming), how stupid do you think it is that the Kill team boxed set hasn't been in stores for ages?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: So (Leading Question Coming), how stupid do you think it is that the Kill team boxed set hasn't been in stores for a

Post by kturock »

I meant go by and see what they had.
I know they sell online and on the phone so he should be able to buy himself.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Re: So (Leading Question Coming), how stupid do you think it is that the Kill team boxed set hasn't been in stores for a

Post by wsott1970 »

Yeah, wasn't a big deal...

Actually, what never fails to surprise me is that when I am really desperate I turn my eye to the UK... and i found several things there that were under msrp... high shipping but you could combine them so... I ended up with two older killzone sets and the newer tournement one for like 180-190 US total... 3x 80 (or higher) MSRP w/ shipping for less than $200... I am in...

Though, your guy has one killzone set for me (that I couldn't get from the UK) and need to get back in contact with him on it.

Thanks,
Sean
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

If it was the big box of terrain, someone bought it.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

Was a Wall of Martyrs Killzone... He was getting it ready (for ship) but he didn't call back... Isn't a big deal... but I will try him again...

That UK deal helped a lot... with the UK you just wait for a good deal and a dip in the exchange rate (w/ good combined shipping)... then take everything they have. They have to factor the prices lower for the higher exchange rate and expensive shipping... If they do it wrong and the price dips you can make out like a bandit.

The GW-direct people that I have spoken with say the issue is that some of the component are things that they do not produce and so it is very hard for them to schedule reprints (also due to them making more product w/ the same materials)... Basically, the cards are the issue... They don't have a facility to manufacture them... and if you ever wondered why warscrolls go out of print... That is why... They make a run and typically tie up all the production with new stuff.

I think GW will reprint them... It is just a matter of time... They are getting a lot of complaints (prepaired speaches by the Trollz and Store Managers tell me that).

Thanks,
Sean
ssapper ( 292 )
Expert Trader

Post by ssapper »

I think it is just another marketing plan, that will be abandoned for something else within a year. They are likely where just testing the skirmish game selling markets, Killteam, necromunda, now warcry, I am sure which ever has the highest sales on their site an not in local game stores will stay for an extra year and the others will fade away just like all the other short lived games of warhammer...I honestly an not blame them, it is a business. You have to invest where the money comes from.
gwaddict ( 664 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by gwaddict »

Even if the games are short lived the kill team box sets are a good value imho just for the terrain.
Rules
1. I do my best to communicate & ship in a timely matter & expect the same
2. If you or I back out of a trade expect the other to post so in the b/o forum etc, if thats not okay then I am not your man to trade with
3. An offer of "$25" for an item does not include s&h if you are not okay with actual shipping charges from the USPS on top of that then say "$25 incl s&h".. simple enough..
4. Please be polite, leave feedback

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”