IG/AM Questions

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

IG/AM Questions

Post by wsott1970 »

1) Didn't the standard color scheme flip-flop at some point (from [kind of] tan armor and clothing green [to wood/jungle camo at times] vs the current tan clothing [to desert camo at times] and green armor?

2) I am not a fan of transfers... and I wanted to know if anybody sells stencils for airbrushing vehicle numbers or brush painting arm numbers?

3) What is 'THE' website to completely understand markings from the transfers/etc? Where they go/what they mean.

I am appreciative of any answers on these...

Thanks,
Sean
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: IG/AM Questions

Post by MagickalMemories »

#2 - Fallout Hobbies (no link provided, as they are not a BT Advertiser. Google is your friend).
Fallout has some CRAZY COOL stencils!

#'s 1 & 3 - Don't know. I'd wager Google could be your friend here, too. LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

Cool on 2/3... The stencil is what I really wanted to know about... I can find a site... wish they made that a bit easier (more about changes over the years).
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

Yeah, please don't post a link if you answer this... More like a manufacturer/etc... or what to search for... I don't want to walk anybody into pasting a URL that would become an issue.
larks ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by larks »

Long time Guard player-

Since 3rd ed or the long forgotten days of 2.5 The guard have been green flakk and tan fatigues if your looking at cadian infantry. Find yourself a copy of their 3rd or 4th ed book and they will not only lay out the color recipe but also what and where squad markings go. I'll try and find mine as I have them going back to the early days. I believe though off the top of my head they follow their Adeptus Asartes allies. Squad marking on right and company/world on left. Leaders often have gold embellishments on chevrons or Aquilas where elites might have silver and conscripts usually feature white on helmets or Aquilas. Again this is purely for Cadian themed.
sincerely,

Matt
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

RIght... I did dig through it, and it seems like at one time it was much more complex... and that they just dumbed it down. Left Shoulder number and right shoulder pretty much any symbol you want...

Meh...
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Honestly, a lot of those old markings look really garish or at least make your army look less cohesive. I think that most of the "dumbing down" allows you to do what you want and not have them look ugly.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
larks ( 444 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by larks »

REally this practice that GW used is a copy of modern day military, at least at the time. Uniforms now a day do not have the left battalion markings anymore usually but pre 2000s thats what it was based off of, country on one shoulder ( or world/regiment for GW) then battalion on the other ( or squad for GW)
sincerely,

Matt

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”