Value of Black Templars battleforce?

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

close_seer ( 48 )
Resident Trader

Value of Black Templars battleforce?

Post by close_seer »

I'm trying to make a deal with someone on bartertown for a mint condition black templars battleforce. He wants an offer but I have no idea what it's worth. What do you say bartertown, in USD?
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Value of Black Templars battleforce?

Post by pretre »

close_seer wrote:I'm trying to make a deal with someone on bartertown for a mint condition black templars battleforce. He wants an offer but I have no idea what it's worth. What do you say bartertown, in USD?
Which one is it and what's in it?
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

The old one had:
The Battleforce contains: a Black Templars Command Squad (5 figures), Black Templars Crusader Squad (10 figures), Black Templar Tactical Squad (5 figures) and a Space Marine Rhino.

and ran about $90. You have to figure that 20 dudes and a rhino is closer to 120 now though.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
close_seer ( 48 )
Resident Trader

Post by close_seer »

Yes it's that one. Yikes, 120? Any other views on it?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Are there metal models or all plastics?
Are the plastic components the newest stuff or are they previous sprues? Older sprues don't always have all the bells and whistles of the newer ones, and the detail might not be as sharp, depending on the age of the sprue. Newer = sharper detail.

You know the box initially ran at $90. There are none on eBay, active or old, so there's no price comparison. IMO, that makes $90 the default base price.

Now, look at online retailers. You can regularly get 20% off from them. So, 80% of $90 is $72. You might consider, at best, making that your "top out" price (if it's in your budget).
On trade sites, 25 to 30% is a normal discount amount. So, you might consider aiming for $66, which is 30% off.

Since there's no current box to compare to, your trade partner's likely going to want to start the retail value at the $120 (or whatever) of the individual components which, if they're all the newest cut sprues might be reasonable (though, they're probably not the newest). So, you might have to work from that -or near that- as your base trade value before discounting the percentages. If it's all older model sprues, you might start by discounting that $120 by $10 to $20, simply because the sprues don't have the "new shinies" on them, then apply the appropriate % discount from there.

Just my thoughts.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Doctari ( 504 )
Resident Trader

Post by Doctari »

Whatever it's worth to you.. You're the buyer and in the lead negotiator position as of now. Offer him 50 or 60 and if he doesn't want to take it then he will have a price in mind and respond with that offer. Don't pay full retail for what it is "worth" now. He bought it for 90 bucks (probably not, probably closer to 60 with online discounts etc).

My general rule is this:

I can buy NIB for 30% off all day long from retailers who have actual processes in place to take care of unhappy customers.
If I'm buying on here it's a minimum of 40% off.
If they are open 50% + depending on how "customized" the seller decided to make it...

None of this stuff has intrinsic value (unless you allow it to by wanting it too much). Everything that's being sold here is being sold somewhere else for closer to the price you're looking to spend.
If we're trading: Lower ships first, even if its me.
If I'm buying: If you have a REASONABLE (>20) rating with no negatives, I'm paying first.
If I'm selling: You're paying first.
I always check Ebay before making/accepting offers. You should to. Fair market value >>>> "I feel they are worth X"

Offers good for 24hrs.

Well, well, well. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”