⚜ ⚜ Help me slay heretic Marines! ⚜ ⚜

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

⚜ ⚜ Help me slay heretic Marines! ⚜ ⚜

Post by 3eland »

So I am allying with a friend this weekend in a 2 vs 1 match. He will be bringing Space Pups and I Sisters. We will be facing a Marine army, we know nothing else but that.

I have access to 2k points.

Space Pup will most likely be bringing Wolf Cav. I know for sure Logan will be amongst his army (mostly because I am painting him and he will be finished by then LOL).

I really want to field a Command Squad, but am not sure if it would be very effective vs Marines since we lack the init to attack before our fellow Astartes. I was thinking:

Hospitaller
Dialogus (only if I bring Repentia)
Sacred Banner
Axes x3

Then pop a Priest in with the Litanies of Faith and maybe a Canoness for a hard hitting anti-TEQ squad. The only thing is we lack any way of getting them across the field without being shot down. That was why i was thinking two units of Repentia, full, moving alongside (then Banner and Dialogus will boost both squads). I'm hoping that if I bring a couple of min troop Sisters in Rhinos or two max troop Sisters in Repressors I can help support them or draw fire away/ secure objectives.

I will be bringing two Exorcists since I will most likely be in charge of taking out small vehicles. Debating on if I should run some Engines or bring the FW flyer. I personally love Engines, even though many say they suck lol. They always have done well for me.

Here is the list I was thinking of taking:

⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Canoness Mary - 120 ⚜ Sister Mary purges. I mean, what else is she going to do? Mantle so no insta-pops. Axe to make use of her lower init than Marines and still dish out some pain. ⚜
-Rosarius
-Mantle (Eternal Warrior)
-Axe

Priest -40 ⚜ Stick inside the Command Squad. Watch as opponent cries when I have a rerollable armour/invul save in CC. ⚜
-Eviscerator

Command Squad -165 ⚜ My own in-your-face unit. Who says Sisters cannot do melee??? ⚜
-Hospitaller
-Dialogus
-Sacred Banner
-Axe x3

Repentia x10 -155 ⚜ Anti-TEQ/Vehicle. Anti-almost-anything. Keep in range of Sacred Banner and Dialogus for a threatening unit. ⚜
-Mistress

Repentia x10 -155 ⚜ Anti-TEQ/Vehicle. Anti-almost-anything. Keep in range of Sacred Banner and Dialogus for a threatening unit. ⚜
-Mistress

Sisters x10 -220 ⚜ By going 10 large in a Repressor I have a moving tank of killing potential. Sim. Imperialis gives me an extra Preferred Enemy round which could really help. Can either run alongside the Repentia giving a cover save or go on their own capturing objectives. ⚜
-Flamer
-Heavy Flamer
-Simulacrum Imperialis
-Repressor

Sisters x10 -220 ⚜ By going 10 large in a Repressor I have a moving tank of killing potential. Sim. Imperialis gives me an extra Preferred Enemy round which could really help. Can either run alongside the Repentia giving a cover save or go on their own capturing objectives. ⚜
-Flamer
-Heavy Flamer
-Simulacrum Imperialis
-Repressor

Dominions x5 - 180 ⚜My thoughts are to either scout or leave in reserve, depending on who goes first.⚜
-Melta-guns x5
-Immolator
--Laud Hailer
--Storm Bolter

Dominions x5 - 180 ⚜ My thoughts are to either scout or leave in reserve, depending on who goes first. ⚜
-Melta-guns x5
-Immolator
--Laud Hailer
--Storm Bolter

Exorcist -125 ⚜ Stick in cover, try to increase the maximum table surface area for their missiles of heresy-killing awesome. ⚜

Exorcist -125 ⚜ Stick in cover, try to increase the maximum table surface area for their missiles of heresy-killing awesome. ⚜

Penitent Engines x3 -240 ⚜ My anti-high AV/ troop killers. Target any high AV vehicles that my Repentia cannot get to or try and take down any pesky heavy weapon teams maybe? ⚜

Total: 1925

⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ ⚜

Leaves me with 75 points. I could put the command squad in a Repressor? I have Celestine and Seraphim but I would like to try a non unique character build. Meaning no Jacobus either (unless you have an idea with him).

I have access to practically any model so help me write a list that can help the Space Pups rid the heretic foe! I could also ally in some Inquisitors if need be.

Let me know your thoughts/opinions/concerns/ etc
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: ⚜ ⚜ Help me slay heretic Marines! ⚜ ⚜

Post by pretre »

Hoo boy. I play a lot of Sisters, so this is my experience talking here:
- Canoness/Command Squad. If you want to do this kind of tarpit/killing unit, don't use a command squad. Use a blob of 20 girls with 3-5 priests and Jacobus. That will tear crap up and tarpit TWC like crazy. If You add Celestine, they can H&R out of combat, shoot and then tarpit them again.
- Repentia/Penitents. Ugh. I want them to be cool, but they just are bad nowadays
- Dominions can only get 4 Melta guns.
- Immolator. I assume these are TL-MM? If you have repressors, put your dominions in them so they don't have to disembark to shoot.

Based off what you have, I would probably do this:
Celestine (attach to blob) - 135
Jacobus (attach to blob) - 100
3 Priests (Litanies, 2 Evis) (blob) - 140
5 Doms in Repressor with 4 Melta and Laud Hailer - 190
20 BSS with Flamer/HF and Simulacrum - 265
5 BSS in Immolator (flamer/flamer) - 130
Exorcist - 125
Exorcist - 125
Exorcist - 125
Repentia - 155

Gives you 30 points for little stuff.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Another fun trick, to add to the list is to throw a Inquisitor (Xenos) with Rad, Psycho and the Scout Book into the list. Makes them even more annoying to kill and gives you four scout units for turn 1 fun.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Wait? I just reread.

You ally is TWC and Logan? Omg. You need to take as many priests as possible. Assign priests to his TWC squads, with Celestine. TWC with rerolling saves, hits and hit and run are hilarious.

I run a lot of SOB/SW lists and they make great allies together.

Can you borrow his tranports like you are allies? Because dominions in drop pods are also hilarious. Also, drop pods make retributors with Heavy Flamers reasonable.

As an example, here's a list I'm playing at a double tournament (1500) next week:
Plasma Oblit, Void Shield - 255
Rune Priest with Helm of Durfast - 80
5 GH with Melta, Combi, 3 CCW and MB in Drop Pod - 146
5 GH with Melta, Combi and MB in Drop Pod - 140
5 GH with Plasma, 2 CCW in Drop Pod - 124
Iron Priest with TWM - 105
3 TWC with WC/SS (Pack Leader), SS/CCW, BP/CCW - 170
Drop Pod - 35
Drop Pod - 35

Allied Detachment
St Celestine - 135
5 BSS with MM (in Plasma with RP) - 70
5 Doms with 4 Melta (Drop Pod) - 105
5 Rets with 4 HF (Drop Pod) - 100

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I'm totally going to spam this thread now. SOB are kinda my thing. Are you on dakka? We have a great SOB thread that's been going on for years.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Here's another one I ran at the Guardian Cup and came out with an undefeated record:
Spoiler
Show
SOB CAD
St Celestine
Priest
BSS (5) with Flamer/Melta in Repressor
BSS (5) with Flamer/Melta in Repressor
Dominions (5) with 4 Melta in Repressor
Dominions (5) with 4 Melta in Repressor
Exorcist
Exorcist
Retributors (5) with 4 heavy flamer and combi

COF Detachment
Harald
Iron Priest with TW Mount
Iron Priest with TW Mount
Thunderwolf x4 (SS/WC, SS/CCW, PF, BP/CCW)
Drop Pod
Mostly, it just shows that SW/SOB work very well together.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I have a dakka account but it has been a long time since I used it lol.

Yeah my ally is Space Pups.

How do I bring a Priest with the TWC effectively? Priest is way too slow. Also I did not know you can place Sisters in an allies dedicated transport. Or is Drop Pod Fast Attack now for Pups too?

Yeah the command squad was a stretch, not going to lie lol. I just wanted a reason to run it but like I said I wasn't sure how effective it would be vs Marines.

Dominions in a Repressor is interesting. AV13 transport box and they can all still shoot out. Interesting tactic.
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Priest is fine with TWC, you just trail him behind and keep him away from difficult terrain.

SW can take Fast Attack pods.

The 20 blob is way more fun and effective than a command squad. If jacobus is your Warlord, they all get a 5++ too.

Dominions and repressors are just money. They turn a great squad (dominions) into an awesome squad by making them not have to suicide to do their job.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Any upgrade on the superior/vet superior in the 20 gal blob?
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

I don't like upgrading sups. It's just a waste of points unless you're taking a combi on a Dom or Ret sup.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Sounds good.

I'll write an updated list after he sends me his list. I figured I could plug holes and support his list with mine.
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Awesome. Kick some heretic arse!
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

So I just got word that there will be flyers (not sure how many).

Now unless the pup player brings flyers we will need some sort of anti-flyer.

I do have an avenger but wondering if there is a better solution?
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:So I just got word that there will be flyers (not sure how many).

Now unless the pup player brings flyers we will need some sort of anti-flyer.

I do have an avenger but wondering if there is a better solution?
My general opinion/tactic for SOB is just to ignore flyers. SW flyer is really good though, if he wants to take that.

Alternatively, you could go with Vengeance Batteries or a Bastion with Rets in it.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Usually I take the bastion with rets. However he knows this so I am thinking he will be building something to counter it. One game I got hit by a vindicar assassin (think that's the name) and it blew up turn one. So I wouldn't be surprised if he brings one along.

Pup player has a shoebox so we could work with that.
~Ryan~

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”