WarZone: Mutant Chronicles 2nd edition

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Cedric ( 292 )
Journeyman Trader

WarZone: Mutant Chronicles 2nd edition

Post by Lord Cedric »

I recently received a bunch of the older plastic Imperial army (40 models) from the 2nd edition starter set. The models are cool and in good condition.

I originally had no idea what they were. They arrived as a thank you gift from a large trade. After a few posted pics they were identified for me.

I then did a bunch of research and from the sounds of it... could be a very fun game to play! So I went looking and found the company who bought out the original manufacturer. For about $40 plus shipping I bought a complete WarZone 2nd edition starter box.

Does anyone else play this? I'd like as much input and opinions/thoughts about this game as people are willing to share.

I know there is a recent new WarZone edition. How do these rules and models compare? Can they crossover? What else should I get? Is the newer edition worth playing and collecting?

Thanks for any and all help!

- Cedric
Army's Collected:

Bretonnia (6000+), Dwarfs (4000+), High Elves (12,000+), Dark Elves (4000+), Wood Elves (4500+), Skaven (5000+), Orcs & Goblins (6000+), Empire (4000+), Ogre Kingdoms (4000+), Lizardmen (6000+), Vampire Counts (4000+), Tomb Kings (4000+), Chaos Warriors (4000+), Daemons (4000+), Beastmen (4000+)

"....And yes! I play them all too." :-D
Tlo1048 ( 198 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: WarZone: Mutant Chronicles 2nd edition

Post by Tlo1048 »

Haha you could have just asked me!

Its a great skirmish game...incredibly immersive, lots of options and lore. That box set is worth getting, and it includes a TON of minis for Bauhaus and Imperial.

Warzone has been owned and renowned many times. Target/Heartbreaker, Privateer Press (Don't even get me started on them), and now Prodos. Prodos is way ahead of the game, releasing new sculpts and rules at a manageable price. Scale is different in my opinion, not directly, but on account of how much more modern the sculpts are nowadays.

The games do crossover, as well as 2nd ED, Ultimate Warzone, the Warzone RPG, and current.
New and old are great collectibles and fun models. Honestly I got flooded with hundreds and hundreds of models from a guy for Warzone and just couldn't put it all anywhere. 50-80lbs of pewter is hard to manage lol.

I can do some digging if you're looking to pick up the game, and can provide you with the resources I have to help out.
Another good game is Siege of the Citadel, its like a scifi dungeon crawl. Doomtrooper is another one.
Lower feedback ships first. I do it for people with higher feedback than myself, you should too.
I also do NOT ship Internationally, and that includes Canada
If you give me a number that includes shipping, you need to make sure that the Paypal fees is an acceptable loss. I do NOT send Friends and Family, unless it is indeed "Friends and Family".
Bad feedback? You pay/ship first, always.
Always trade list: Will72, ewestphal, Plarz, Lord Cedric
Lord Cedric ( 292 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Lord Cedric »

Ha! I thought I did but didn't want to pester. ;-) No worries. Hehe. Maybe it's stuck in Draft form. It wouldn't be the first!

Thank you not only for the information but also for the models! ! These are really cool. I'll most assuredly like to bounce things off you about this game.

- Robert
Army's Collected:

Bretonnia (6000+), Dwarfs (4000+), High Elves (12,000+), Dark Elves (4000+), Wood Elves (4500+), Skaven (5000+), Orcs & Goblins (6000+), Empire (4000+), Ogre Kingdoms (4000+), Lizardmen (6000+), Vampire Counts (4000+), Tomb Kings (4000+), Chaos Warriors (4000+), Daemons (4000+), Beastmen (4000+)

"....And yes! I play them all too." :-D
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

Tlo1048 wrote:Another good game is Siege of the Citadel, its like a scifi dungeon crawl.
As I mentioned in this thread, Siege of the Citadel is a fantastic game. I like it even more than Space Hulk! From time to time, I've considered buying a few of the old metal Mutant Chronicles models when I see them for cheap on eBay just to represent some of the different weapons loadouts the Doom Troopers can get later in the game.

The movie with Thomas Jane as Mitch Hunter was just too awful to be any good, though.
Tlo1048 ( 198 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Tlo1048 »

No joke, that movie was terrible haha

Especially when you know who the characters represent, then its even more insane.
Lower feedback ships first. I do it for people with higher feedback than myself, you should too.
I also do NOT ship Internationally, and that includes Canada
If you give me a number that includes shipping, you need to make sure that the Paypal fees is an acceptable loss. I do NOT send Friends and Family, unless it is indeed "Friends and Family".
Bad feedback? You pay/ship first, always.
Always trade list: Will72, ewestphal, Plarz, Lord Cedric

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”