OK,, so whats the newest rumor now about the NEXT CODEX???!!

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

nightlord ( 228 )
Expert Trader

OK,, so whats the newest rumor now about the NEXT CODEX???!!

Post by nightlord »

Ok you GW geeks, so what will be the NEXT 40K CoDeX??!!! I lOVE listening to RUMORS!!!
"I'm Glad I Stopped Before I Thought About It"

I will not make "OFFERS" for your stuff. I never bet against the house.

People that owe me references, davidmournestar,

:-? :-? If you wasent interested then why did you look?? :-? :-?

ANYONE can click on your name and see the last time you was on site. BRA.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Re: OK,, so whats the newest rumor now about the NEXT CODEX?

Post by jason1977 »

Ive seen alot of vanilla sm rumors. Within 2 months???
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
Im sorry but I do not ship outside the US.
2013 BT Member Challange- 291 pts 153 models
bolt on cuteness: st 10, ap 1, range: unlimited; DEAL
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

jason1977 wrote:Ive seen alot of vanilla sm rumors. Within 2 months???
I've been hearing that Black Templars will get their own book, the same way we Blood Angels did. I find that a little hard to swallow, though; maybe it is just vanilla Space Marines.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Dark Angels, Ultramarines & White Scars. New models, maybe some new rules.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

psiekier wrote:
jason1977 wrote:Ive seen alot of vanilla sm rumors. Within 2 months???
I've been hearing that Black Templars will get their own book, the same way we Blood Angels did. I find that a little hard to swallow, though; maybe it is just vanilla Space Marines.
Well kind of.

No Black Templars in the new book so people are assuming Black Templars are getting their own book (or supplement) but there is nothing official yet. From what I read, BT players will have to use the current codex for their rules.

As a Black Templar player, it sucks sure. But I am hopeful that there will be a supplement or book for them, they have a large player base. Then again, look at Sisters.... LOL

We can only wait and see. My gaming group said I could go back to the Holy Hand Grenade times if they go "poof" lol.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

I wish they'd just decide if BT were their own book or not. Personally, I don't feel like they need their own, even though it was fun when they had one- they really are a pretty straightforward mod of a regular chapter, and I don't really think many of the new "unique snowflake" options like thunderwolves have done much to improve the game/setting. The could get one of those mini-dex theme army things if people really wanted extra rules.

Scuttlebutt is that individual chapters will be getting their own relics, so no conflict there w/ BT getting the hand grenade in the regular codex.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

kturock wrote:Dark Angels
You anger me. I havent even put the First and Finest on the table for a game with 7th. I heard some new DV spin off box set but no new codex.
In an act of kindness and respect, please respond to PMs one way or the other with in a timely manner.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

jason1977 wrote:
kturock wrote:Dark Angels
You anger me. I havent even put the First and Finest on the table for a game with 7th. I heard some new DV spin off box set but no new codex.
I said models, maybe rules for the models. Check out Bell of Lost Souls.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
jason1977 ( 208 )
Expert Trader

Post by jason1977 »

I do. I cant figure out what new model DA may get. Everything in Codex has a model. Unless it some Limited Edition-super-duper-Marine-in-dress-in-this-box-set-that-I-have-no-need-for-95%-of-the-rest-of-the-box.... stick it GW. Ill kit bash a find the rules. Snot. I have the rules for the LE Chapy from the first DV box.
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

Opps.. I misspoke.
Chapter-specific Boxed Sets coming alongside new Space Marine Codex:
-Ultramarines Sternguard Squad
-Raven Guard Assault Squad
-White Scars Bike Squad
-Salamanders Devastator Squad

spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

DA could get a non-robed (i.e. non-vet) power armor squad like BA, but other than that, yeah, not much.

I'm curious to see of those new squads are just blinged-out reskins or if they're due to opened-up options like heavy flamer devs or multipart tyrannic war vets or something.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

spiralingcadaver wrote:DA could get a non-robed (i.e. non-vet) power armor squad like BA, but other than that, yeah, not much.
At least they - like every other chapter now, including nobodies the like the Sons of Orar and White Consuls - train their scouts better than the Blood Angels do. Why are Blood Angel scouts WS3/BS3, and why the hell are my terminators worth 5 more points per model?!?
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I am sure there will be a FAQ released that will bring all marines back into unison. I can see all scouts becoming WS/BS 4 now, taking units of 1-3 dreads, etc
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

psiekier wrote:Why are Blood Angel scouts WS3/BS3, and why the hell are my terminators worth 5 more points per model?!?
Because for some obnoxious reason GW refuses to take the major variants (BA, SW, etc.) and call them mods of vanilla marines, so they need to work with...

BA
SM/Vanilla
SW
GK
DA
For a while BT
(are there others I'm forgetting?)

and each having their own entry for "rhino" so if one changes then there's an inconsistency until they've all been updated.

...not counting Imperial armour, which often makes redundant list entries or slightly altered ones (like chimeras, which, depending on where you look, have outdated rules and/or have access to TL heavy bolters).

Other examples include Tyrant's Legion marines costing a point more than everyone else's since they were based on a more expensive marine, and (I just found out) the IG breacher Drill being different than the Death Korps one in insanely different ways: the IG one is a vehicle while the DKoK one is statted like an artillery piece and gives a squad super-speed and an invulnerable save, and a different attack profile.

edit: the fundamental problem, though, is that GW has had this ridiculous policy of rolling edition updates since late 3rd edition, so nothing's stable and everything's kinda' compatible, instead of what other gaming companies do, where edition changes are hard cutoffs or additions rather than replacements.
-Nietzsche

NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

3eland, the FAQ will be a brand new codex, that is $10 more expensive and has $20 less material in it.

And lots more Deviant Art pictures.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”