Legion of the Damned

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Legion of the Damned

Post by kturock »

I've liked these models since they were first released...BUT>>>

1, I know my painting skills are lacking and I can't do the models justice.

2, what are th units general tactics. I'm not asking for specifics, that would violate GW's & B-towns rules; but something like, gets bonueses to hit with bolters. [Imperial & Crimson Fists] or gets bonuses withand vs flamers [Salamanders]

Yes I know I can buy the GW ebook, but if the tactics aren't my play style, like the bike tactics of White Scars; I'd rather not waste what little spending money I have.

TIA.

Update:
I've found some info between the SM codex, Battlescribe and Army Builder.
LotD are only an elite unit and can only be added to another force? So I guess I can't have a LotD army.
There aren't really any tactics per say, but a couple special rules.

Right?
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Re: Legion of the Damned

Post by NuWishA »

They teleport in, don't count as moving when shooting, and look pretty neat... They also get invunerable saves.
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Pretty sure they got the standard sort of datasheet "take 2-4 units" or w/e as an allied detachment thing. Sorry for the ambiguous terms, never took the time to learn the new terminology. Pretty sure it wouldn't work to take them as a whole army, even if they had the force org to do so, since they're so expensive. Probably the closest analogous list would be running Thousand Sons since they've got a bunch of tough ghost marines...
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

They have a little codex/dataslate. It doesn't really do anything that amazing. Just a formation for any imperial army. Does let you create their special sergeant guy.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Thanks.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”