Blood Angels build? I need help

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Re: Blood Angels build? I need help

Post by NuWishA »

optimusprime14 wrote:I was sometime last year, prior to 7th
The most recent FW book with the dreadnought drop pod allows the blood angels to take it. Any marine army can take it.
psiekier ( 240 )
Resident Trader

Post by psiekier »

I'm trying to figure out what the point of the Blood Angels Battle Company formation is, myself. It requires:
  • Captain
  • Chaplain
  • Command Squad
  • Dreadnought
  • Furioso Dreadnought
  • Death Company
  • 6 Tactical Squads
  • 2 Assault Squads
  • 2 Devastator Squads
Just about as cheap as I can get it runs around 1850 points, and that's with most of the squads showing up in their underwear with maybe a heavy or special weapon. No transports, not a single squad expanded beyond the minimum size ... If I really want to make them decent, it's around 3,000 points!

The funny thing is that the standard Combined Arms Detachment that we've been using since Third Edition is actually based on a Space Marine Battle Company. Now we Blood Angels have our very own formation, but it's finding its utility just leaves me scratching my head.
optimusprime14 ( 100 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by optimusprime14 »

It's just a "Hey look what you can do" formation that really serves no other point. The command benefits aren't even really worth it!
psiekier wrote:I'm trying to figure out what the point of the Blood Angels Battle Company formation is, myself. It requires:
  • Captain
  • Chaplain
  • Command Squad
  • Dreadnought
  • Furioso Dreadnought
  • Death Company
  • 6 Tactical Squads
  • 2 Assault Squads
  • 2 Devastator Squads
Just about as cheap as I can get it runs around 1850 points, and that's with most of the squads showing up in their underwear with maybe a heavy or special weapon. No transports, not a single squad expanded beyond the minimum size ... If I really want to make them decent, it's around 3,000 points!

The funny thing is that the standard Combined Arms Detachment that we've been using since Third Edition is actually based on a Space Marine Battle Company. Now we Blood Angels have our very own formation, but it's finding its utility just leaves me scratching my head.
Positive feedback I have left for but have not received any in return: Stephen, oldgamer56

If you didn't look at my location know that I am in Canada
Good advice for trading to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
spiralingcadaver ( 456 )
Millenium Trader

Post by spiralingcadaver »

Always something to remember with 40k is that if something's there and you can't figure out why it would be, "it's fluffy!" is entirely possible.

40k is a lot of fun, but their understanding of more nuanced gameplay feels like it stopped evolving around the early 2,000's while younger companies have quickly evolved past them. Warmachine has pretty hit-or-miss theme lists, but it's obvious they at least tried most of the time, and malifaux has some great rules interactions without even needing an artificial theme limitation w/ respective buff, and infinity's got a bunch of special rules with broad theme options.

I really feel like the only fun way to play 40k is to make a pair of decently fun lists that neither gimp themselves with a fanatical devotion to fluff nor try to game the system very hard.
True, we love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
-Nietzsche

I expect honesty about models' conditions, thank you.

If I don't respond in a day or two, please check back, I've forgotten-sorry.
Daverage007 ( 62 )
BTown Regular

Post by Daverage007 »

Hey all its been rough... We lost my daughter Harper from complications from her surgery... He had readings of an infection that antibiotics weren't helping at 20 days her organs started to fail and regrettably my wife daughter and I had to say goodbye to young Harper...
I am making two donation forces one small one for this year and a larger force to be completed for next year's Nova charity auction.
This year tyranids
Brood lord
3 warriors
16 genestealers
2 carnifex

Next year blood angels
Terminator force commander from shield of Baal
Librarian from space hulk
Chaplain in terminator armor
Sanguinary priest
The sanguinator
Lot of war Dante
Elite troops
10 sanguinary guard
5 terminators (I could do a second squad with space hulk terminators but which ones?)
10 or 20 death company (jump packs or what how do these guys work best)
2 dreadnoughts
troops 40 tactical Marines
10 assault Marines (fast attack or maybe veteran jump troops)
Tanks 2 rhinos
2 drop pods
1 land raider crusader
3 vindicator heavy support
1 imperial knight warden model (magnitized is probably the best way to set this up) working with some guys in my flgs to work on the list but any help as to how to kit these guys out would be great!

Thanks I need all the help I can get
David

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”