Destroyer Curse 1500pt Necron List

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Bulkoth ( 122 )
Resident Trader

Destroyer Curse 1500pt Necron List

Post by Bulkoth »

I've had alot of luck using wraiths and destroyer lords and I find it really difficult to fit a decent court in under 1850 so I've worked out what I think might be a fun list with a destroyer theme.

Comments, criticisms and snide remarks welcome.

HQ:

Destroyer Lord - Warscythe, 2+, Mind Shackle (160)

Destroyer Lord - Warscythe, 2+, Mind Shackle (160)

FA:

5 Canoptek Wraiths - 5 whip coils (225)

5 Canoptek Wraiths - 5 whip coils (225)

5 Canoptek Scarabs (75)

Elite:

5 Triach Praetorians with Rod (200)

Heavy:

Annihilation Barge (90)

Annihilation Barge (90)

Troop:

6 Necron Warriors (78)
5 Necron Warriors (65)
5 Necron Warriors (65)
5 Necron Warriors (65)

Total: 1498

Strategy:
My meta is mainly IG, GK and BA so I deal with alot of CC threats and alot of Heavy shooting. Against the CC the plan is to use the wraith's 3++ to keep them kicking while getting into CC range and screening the triachs behind them. Warriors will try to stand as still as possible to take pot shots at transports to glance them and force them to unload or waste a turn. When in range I'm hoping my jump infantry will be able to maneuver to let the triarchs get their AP2 shots off at a target to soften it up then charge with the wraiths and the triachs. Between mind shackle, going on I1 and the triarchs I should be able to handle most any CC threat. As for IG, Relying on my 3++ to get me there and then wraiths and the destroyer lords to do the killing. The scarabs are mainly just to hide somewhere to control my opponent's movements. Because they are so "dreaded" players make some really silly choices to avoid them so 75 points for them is a decently fun tactics choice and I can always use them to pop an immobile transport late game for some easy kill points.

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”