AOBR Space Marines

Discussion area for all futuristic GW games.

Moderator: Moderators

Spartan 117 ( 24 )
BTown Regular

AOBR Space Marines

Post by Spartan 117 »

I've started a new marine army besides my Dark Angels and Im wondering where all my fellow btowners know where to get the AOBR Space Marines CHEAP besides ebay. I like ebay but its too damn unrealible and all the buy it now options for the AOBR tac squads are overpriced. Anyone know where to get them cheap?

The other question is. I play DA really and dont play vanilla marines like this 3rd army Im starting. What is on the AOBR Dreadnaught and how easy is it to customize it? And the last question is, is it possible to convert the AOBR Captain into a Chaplain?
Dark Angels - 10000
Steel Legion IG - 3500
High Elves - 2850
Blitzburgh Steelers Blood Bowl Team
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Re: AOBR Space Marines

Post by EVIL INC »

A while back, you could find partners to go halves easy (was easier if you were an ork player but could still be done. Advertise in the 40k wanted section, You may still be able to find someone to go halves. Better yet, you know someone who doesnt play but is interested, might be someone who is interested in learning. Especially if you explain how well toy trucks and such work with orks so they can build up fast. Especially if they go in halves with more than one set with you.
Goof luck.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
EVIL INC ( 42 )
Resident Trader

Post by EVIL INC »

I would say it would be fairly easy to convert the captain into a chaplain. Change the sword for a crozius (it is easy to home make one) and add on some skulls in file off some other stuff and you have a snappy dresser chaplain with the right paint job. Can do the same for a librarian. Most opponants will understand and be happy to play you so long as it is obvious what it represents and that it shows you put work into it.
Treat other members with the same dignity, respect and honesty you would like to be treated with.
Spartan 117 ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Spartan 117 »

Thanks for the info Evil Inc. My brother just started playing orks. He already has like 70 boys. but you can never go wrong with more as orks. Maybe I'll ask him to split AOBR with me.......

The problem is I would like to get 2 squads of the tac marines from the set. Besides ebay and Btown (love ya btown) isnt there another place where I can get them online? My lil bro told me something about the warstore or something online and how they have a great deal for boys from the boxed set. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have a deal for the tactical marines from the boxed set as well?

Also the final question is: Im not sure about how many people will know the answer to this but are their any good websites out their that make good conversion kits for GW products? If Im mistaken I believe both 40k and WHFB are in the 28mm range? So to to do some conversions Im guessing I can buy conversion kits from that range?
Dark Angels - 10000
Steel Legion IG - 3500
High Elves - 2850
aurak_merc ( 440 )
Resident Trader

Post by aurak_merc »

Hi there,

The AoBR dread comes with a multimelta and Close Combat arm. They are just pop-in-place, so you could swap them out easily. I think the pegs are a different size than standard dreads, but you can glue, magnet, or pin them in place.

For conversion kits, there are a several out there so you will have to search to find specific themes that you are wanting.

Good luck with the project.
Always remember that your stuff is nearly worthless junk. The other person's items are highly valuable collectibles.

If I owe you a reference, please remind me.

I don't expect people to wait forever for an answer, and expect the same courtesy.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Spartan 117 wrote:Thanks for the info Evil Inc. My brother just started playing orks. He already has like 70 boys. but you can never go wrong with more as orks. Maybe I'll ask him to split AOBR with me.......

The problem is I would like to get 2 squads of the tac marines from the set. Besides ebay and Btown (love ya btown) isnt there another place where I can get them online? My lil bro told me something about the warstore or something online and how they have a great deal for boys from the boxed set. I was wondering if anyone knows if they have a deal for the tactical marines from the boxed set as well?

Also the final question is: Im not sure about how many people will know the answer to this but are their any good websites out their that make good conversion kits for GW products? If Im mistaken I believe both 40k and WHFB are in the 28mm range? So to to do some conversions Im guessing I can buy conversion kits from that range?
NO INSULT INTENDED
I just have to ask.

You are (a) new to the game and to the entire "gaming community" online or (b) trolling.
Which is it?
I ask because it's common sense to me to just look up The Warstore's website to see if they offer the same deals (they do, BTW - http://www.thewarstore.com/blackreach.html). They are, IMO, crazily over priced... but they have them.

As for the conversion kits... the internet is FULL of companies and individuals who do this. They're a topic of regular conversation here and on places like Dakka.

Again, no insult intended. I'm jut trying to figure out if you're inexperienced or trolling. lol

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Spartan 117 ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Spartan 117 »

Lol not gonna lie Im pretty new to the online wargaming community like forums and such. Ive been playing 40k for like 10 years now. And I began playing Fantasy back in 3rd ed and just started getting back into it thanks to acquiring an army from this site.

I asked about the Warstore because I only heard about it. I didnt really think of googling it...... Also I had been to their site before but the last time I was there they weren't allowed to show pictures of GW products due to an agreement with them. So thats where the confusion came in for me.

As for conversion kits. I want to know if anyone has ever used any in creating sweet Space Marine conversions and what sites did they get those conversion kits from.

Im offended you called me a troll. I may be short but not that short............ :lol:
Dark Angels - 10000
Steel Legion IG - 3500
High Elves - 2850
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Spartan 117 wrote:Lol not gonna lie Im pretty new to the online wargaming community like forums and such. Ive been playing 40k for like 10 years now. And I began playing Fantasy back in 3rd ed and just started getting back into it thanks to acquiring an army from this site.

I asked about the Warstore because I only heard about it. I didnt really think of googling it...... Also I had been to their site before but the last time I was there they weren't allowed to show pictures of GW products due to an agreement with them. So thats where the confusion came in for me.

As for conversion kits. I want to know if anyone has ever used any in creating sweet Space Marine conversions and what sites did they get those conversion kits from.

Im offended you called me a troll. I may be short but not that short............ :lol:
Yeah, but you have that funky hair and a pencil in your butt...
: )

Okay.
So, I know which direction to go...

Check The Warstore's site. See what they have... then don't buy there.
Post an ad in the 40K forum here and/or in the SwapShop on DakkaDakka.com. You'll find people who have them to get rid of.
As for exrta bits... there are a TON of them.
You've got Chapterhouse, Micro Art Studios... God. There are a lot.
Again, I'd suggest visiting dakkadakka.com. Look in their "news & rumors" forum. You'll see tons of threads there about the latest offerings of different companies.

You can customize the AoBR Dread with any regular Dread arm. There are images all over the internet of people converting them into various different types of Dreads.

Good luck with it.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

I would also like to re-bump for Chapterhousestudios.com

Not only are they a BT Advertiser, they also have just announced their line of "Not at all Dark Angels" Land Raider doors, to go with their line of "Totally Not Dark Angels" Terminator shoulderpads.

However, swapping custom shoulderpads on AoBR marines is a pain in the tuckus..
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
Spartan 117 ( 24 )
BTown Regular

Post by Spartan 117 »

Aiight thanks everyone for the info this project is gonna be tough for sure...........
Dark Angels - 10000
Steel Legion IG - 3500
High Elves - 2850
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

porkuslime wrote:I would also like to re-bump for Chapterhousestudios.com

Not only are they a BT Advertiser, they also have just announced their line of "Not at all Dark Angels" Land Raider doors, to go with their line of "Totally Not Dark Angels" Terminator shoulderpads.

However, swapping custom shoulderpads on AoBR marines is a pain in the tuckus..
Former BT advertiser, actually.
They're still ggreat guys producing nice stuff, though.

Eric

Return to “Grimdark Futuristic”