BTR - Ray Baker aka rayjbaker - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Van Saar ( 606 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR - Ray Baker aka rayjbaker - Resolved

Post by Van Saar »

So fairly simple and sad this one. I responded to a post by Ray selling some models. He had a unit of Croe's Cutthroats listed for $15 and I asked him if it was a min (6 man) or max (10 man) unit. He indicated it was a max unit and asked for $20. I should have caught that red flag. Of course he ships me a min unit....

It is worth noting that later he tried to play it off as a mistake, but even in older editions max units were 8 men strong so I'm not sure who he was trying to fool.

Also of note, yes this has taken a long time to post. The reason being that he has just not gotten back on btown after months (the email from his paypal account and our msgs is now defunkt). I am jumping on this BTR so as to hopefully save someone else from being stolen from as I notice he has been placing ads again.

Here we go:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: w:orcs,nercons,lm,offersH:LOE,sm,m/m,trolls
Sent: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:06 pm
by Van Saar
Van Saar wrote:Hey I'm interested in the 3 Impalers and possibly the Cutthroats Unit (min or max?)

I have orks, some Lizardmen and possibly Necrons or cash.

Thanks,

Barry

Subject: w:orcs,nercons,lm,offersH:LOE,sm,m/m,trolls
Rayjbaker wrote:WANTS! orcs, necrons, lizardmen, open to offers on other stuff though
HAVES:
space marines
vanguard vet squad assembeled still have leftover bits in the box.
5 metal scouts
land speeder missing flight stand and sensor on front

legion 270
book
rhyas painted
lylyth primed
carnivean x2 painted
angelius primed
shredders x8 primed
nephilim protector bare
stryders max primed ua deathstalker
max warspears stripped
warmongers min painted
shepherd painted
archer blisters x2 nib

mercs/minions 57
kell bailoch 5

cutthroats 15
gorman di wulfe 4

trolls 45
pmadrak
impaler x3
pgrissel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:36 pm
by Rayjbaker

Max cutthroats. Send me a list of what youve got and send pics to [Admin edit: No cell #'s posted publicly, please] or bakersrock01@aol.com

Sent: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:06 pm
by Van Saar

Okay, I'll buy the Cutthroats. Let me know your paypal and I can send as gift.

Are your Trollbloods plastic or metal, painted?

Sent: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:30 am
by Rayjbaker

20$ plus shipping The cutthroats are painted but need stripped our touch ups except for croe. PayPal Is bakersrock01@aol.com

The trolls are metal and painted tabletop may need stripping. There's 3x impaler, painted pgridsel, partial paint pmadrak.

Sent: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:40 am
by Rayjbaker

although i would be much more interested in a playable 500 pt force of necrons.

Sent: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:09 pm
by Van Saar

Well I certainly would rather trade....

I am short on necrons however. Do you need any Saurus? I have a brand new box I would trade for the Impalers.

Sent: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:53 am
by Rayjbaker

Let me know what you've got because I'd rather trade too. I actually picked up some tomb blades yesterday.

Sent: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:06 am
by Rayjbaker

Just get me a list of what you have and what all you want and let's work something out.

Sent: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:00 pm
by Van Saar

Sorry on vacation with the family. Sometimes I can check but not type a response quickly. I'm offering nib stuff so I don't have to worry about pics and so if for some reason I quote something and end up.missing it I can get one at my lgs.

Will you part the Impalers out? I really don't need the troll casters but I understand if you need to move the lot (i just can't trade hard for it).

I would give you a nib Stegadon and a nib Saurus for the Cutthroats and the trolls. I have a bits sprue from temple guard you can have for extra bling.

Sent: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:07 pm
by Rayjbaker

is it a single saurus or a squad? i dont know fantasy at all.

Sent: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:59 pm
by Van Saar

Box of 16

Sent: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:41 pm
by Van Saar

Lmk if this works. If not I can still buy the Cutthroats and trade for trolls

Sent: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:04 am
by Rayjbaker

im going to pass on the lizardmen, i actually dont need to start another army right now unless i can get it to a playable force.

Sent: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:03 am
by Rayjbaker

My Paypal is bakersrock01@aol.com

Sent: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 am
by Van Saar

Sure I can send 20 here in a few. How much to add the 3 Impalers

Sent: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:50 pm
by Rayjbaker

25 for all 3. I can ship it all tomorow.

Sent: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:16 am
by Van Saar

Ended up buying a bunch for $5 each. I'll just go with the Cutthroats. Paypal incoming. Thanks again.

Barry

Sent: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:12 pm
by Rayjbaker

hey man i didnt get an adress from you yet.

Sent: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:42 pm
by Van Saar

Whoops!

Barry Isenhart
*** address scrubbed ***

Thanks!

Sent: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:10 am
by Van Saar

Cutthroats came. You said they were max when I asked but you sent me a min unit. Let me know how you'd like to fix this.

Thanks,

Barry

Sent: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:33 am
by Rayjbaker

i sent 5 cutthroats and croe right? is that not the max unit?

Sent: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:55 pm
by Van Saar

No sir max unit is 10 (crowe + 9).

Sent: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:22 pm
by Rayjbaker

Wow sorry I missed that. You can ship them back if you'd like and ill return the payment.

Sent: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:11 pm
by Van Saar

I can do that. I will need you to reimburse me the $5.80 shipping though. Don't think I should cost me for a mistake that wasn't mine.

Sent: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:46 pm
by Rayjbaker

Of course.
Ray baker
530 southgate dr apt 14
Cushing ok 74023

So at this point the package as returned.

Sent: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:04 pm
by Van Saar

Ray,

So I just returned from vacation (i have been gone a few weeks) to find the package returned. I sent it to the address you listed, did you move all of a sudden?

Barry

He reads and chooses not to respond. This will become is future MO.

Sent: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:41 am
by Van Saar

So the non - response equals you haven't moved I assume. Very well I will ship it again and print the address bigger.

Sent: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:49 pm
by Van Saar

USPS 9400109699939124053340

Which brings us to now. I have sent him a message off of his new post, which he has read and chosen not to respond to:
Van Saar wrote:I see you're finally back on. Please send my refund of $25.80 to
**scrubbed paypal addy**
please remember to use gift since I am not selling you anything.

i have held off on the btr but will not hesitate if you choose to continue ignoring me. I sent you back your Cutthroats and you owe me the purchase plus shipping.

Thanks,

Barry

Subject: H:paypal w: ig, inq, forts, anything else really cheap
Rayjbaker wrote:want ig wyverns maybe more at a great price.

jokaeros

any forts besides adl and bastion

on a very limited budget but wont pass up amazing deals.

Basically, he lied about what he was selling. Got caught and then stole his money back (plus my shipping cost twice). He's a thief, I just hope I post this in time to save other people from a similar situation.

Thanks,

Barry
Unless otherwise noted, my offers are good for 48 Hours or your counter-offer.

Back-Outs, Non-Responders and other Time-Wasters:
lewisds
Wyldwabyt
Mr Ruffles
Proofyeq
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR - Ray Baker aka rayjbaker

Post by MagickalMemories »

Thread title edited. No name calling, please.
Ad edited (removed Cell #).
Also, here is his current trade ad:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=244167

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Rayjbaker ( 46 )
Resident Trader

Post by Rayjbaker »

um excuse me. did you really post this today? you just messaged me today and i sent you the money today. just got back on after months and you messaged and i sent you money. btr done.
I go by standard rules unless we work something out in advance.
I will hold items with offers pending for one day before looking into other offers.
I will ship overseas and to Canada but will not ship first in those trades.
I respond to messages within one day of receiving them please do the same.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Actually, he PMed you previously, as well, and you never responded or handled the refund, although you had the models.
Regardless of whether or not you paid him, he still has a valid BTR. He should not have had to wait months for the refund.

As soon as he confirms receipt of the amount owed, I can get this BTR marked resolved & moved. Then, you can begin posting trade ads again.
Thank you.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Van Saar ( 606 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Van Saar »

Refund of $25.80 received via paypal as requested.
Unless otherwise noted, my offers are good for 48 Hours or your counter-offer.

Back-Outs, Non-Responders and other Time-Wasters:
lewisds
Wyldwabyt
Mr Ruffles
Proofyeq

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”