BTR - Whiskey - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

k-chan ( 2 )
New Trader

BTR - Whiskey - Resolved

Post by k-chan »

I really didn't want to post this, but I have not heard back from him in a week, and its been almost 2 months since we first started the trade. He was supposed to send a money order in exchange for my IG army, we sent around the same time as he had only a few references and I had none. Apparently the first round of Money orders he sent to me did not arrive, so he was asked to send another with tracking, and he agreed, but has not logged in since the 27th. I also now see that there is another BTR that has been recently posted regarding him. I am perfectly willing to have this closed and send a good reference if Whiskey comes back and resends me my money order.

Re: Imperial Guard Army for sale!
Sent: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:36 pm
by whiskey

I could offer $300 shipped. I wish I could do more, but just completed trades on two other armies and am a bit strapped right now :)

Subject: Imperial Guard Army for sale!

k-chan wrote:
Hello everyone, I have an older IG army for sale that I have had sitting around for months. Almost all the models are primed black, with a few models with a small amount of paint on them. I am from Canada and can ship to Canada and the US, pictures can be provided if needed. Retail is approx 664$ and im looking for around 350$+Shipping. Feel free to send offers.

I would prefer not to split up the lot.

3 Imperial Guard Leman Russ Battle Tanks
2 Imperial Guard Valkyries
2 Imperial Guard Basilisks
Brother Captain Stern
Grey Knight Inquisitor with Grimoire + 2 Servitors
4 Catachans with Flamers
3 Catachan with Grendade Launchers
30 Catachans with Lasguns, chainswords, pistols
3 Imperial Guard Sanctioned Psykers
1 Imperial Guard with Vox-Caster
Imperial Guard Cadian Kasrkin Squad (11 Kasrksin with Lasguns, 1 with flamer, 1 grenade Launcher, 1 Captain)
2 Imperial Guard Sentinels with Lascannons
30 Imperial Guard Cadian Shock Troops with Lasguns
4 Imperial Guard Cadian Shock troops with grenade launchers
3 Imperial Guard Cadian Shock troops with meltas
3 Imperial Guard Cadian Shock troops with flamers
Old metal Colour Sergeant Kell
Old metal Commissar Yarrick
1 Catachan Lascanon heavy weapon
2 Imperial Guard Lascanon heavy weapon
1 Imperial Guard autocannon heavy weapon
Lots of IG Bits
Lots of Catachan Bits
Lots of Vehicle Bits

Sent: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:08 pm
by k-chan

Are you in the US or Canada? I think the lowest I could go would be 300$ + Half of the shipping costs, as there's quite a lot of models so shipping might be a bit expensive depending on where it's going.

Sent: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:18 pm
by whiskey

I'm in PA in the US.

Sent: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:10 pm
by k-chan

Yeah, I did some rough shipping estimates, the last package I sent to the states cost me 30$ for a box half the size of the current IG box, so the shipping would probably be at least 40$. Would you be able to do something like 320$ for everything, shipping included?

Sent: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 pm
by whiskey

Let me talk it over with my wife and I'll get back to ya ASAP :)

Sent: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:26 pm
by k-chan

Just checking in, did you get a chance to talk it over with your wife? I have had a few other offers since we talked, but mostly people just looking to buy a couple of models, so I would prefer to sell it as a lot still if you are still interested.

Cheers.

Sent: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:48 pm
by whiskey

Still interested, just trying to get the money together...

Sent: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:01 pm
by k-chan

Ah, understandable, I just hadn't heard back from you in a few days so I was curious.

Basically i'm looking to have everything packed up and shipped out by this weekend at the latest, so if you are able to paypal the money to me, or maybe a half beforehand, half upon arrival, by this weekend, that would be perfect. If you don't think you can get the money together by then or don't want the army anymore please let me know, as i'll probably just be throwing it up on ebay, since I have not gotten any other decent responses here other then people wanting to split up the lot.

Thanks!

Sent: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm
by whiskey

If you want, I cod send you a money order for $200 tomorrow, and the rest in a few days. I don't use PayPal, but you can see from my feedback that I use money orders a lot lol

Sent: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:37 pm
by k-chan

Yeah, that should work for me actually. If you send it out today/tomorrow it should arrive by next week or early the week after I think. Usually I would like to wait till the money comes first before I ship, but since your payment also comes through the mail that might be awhile for you to wait, so I can ship it our beforehand if that's what you want. I'll also try and get some quick pictures taken before I ship them out so you can see what your getting beforehand, I'm also including a bunch of bits cases which have all the various IG bits organized and separated already.

You can make out the money order to <snip>

My postal info is..

<snip>

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks.

Sent: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:13 pm
by whiskey

That works for me. If you want, I can get a money order for the whole thing and send it Monday, or just split it up. My address is:

Shawn J Kline
448 Park Ave
Meadville, PA

Glad you're so easy/pleasant to work with lol. And don't worry - your minis will have a loving home here with my son and I ;). If you send them Saturday they should get here Tuesday, which would be the best day as I have off all day. And day works, but I live next to Allegheny college, and the kids all moved back in. I never had a package come up lost before, but I always tell people to try and have things come on days I'll be home JUST IN CASE. If you can't get it to come Tuesday, just let me know and I'll see if my in-laws will be around.

Sent: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 pm
by k-chan

Splitting it up actually works a bit better for me.

Yeah, I'll have it all packed up and shipped out this weekend, and i'll ask the postal office how long it should take, and if it comes with tracking, as it's quite a large box and they usually require some sort of of tracking/insurance.

I've also thrown in some other non-gw models I was using for Stormtroopers. I can't remember which model line they come from, but they where about the right size and I thought they looked kinda cool. I hope you and your son enjoy everything! Thanks for an easy and pleasant sale! :)

Sent: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:58 pm
by whiskey

You know I had a brain fart lol. Forgot you were in Canada so I don't think getting it here Tuesday is an option. No big deal - I'll make whatever you can do work :)

Sent: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:40 pm
by whiskey

Lol I told my son he was finally going to play with an army that could stand against my Tau. He's been stuck using my 3rd edition nerfed Chaos battalion. He's SO excited

Sent: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:26 am
by whiskey

I forgot to ask - do you have the IG codex, or do I need to pick one up?

Thanks again!

Sent: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 pm
by whiskey

Another question - what armaments are the tanks equipped with, and are the turrets glued, or are they able to be magnetized and switched out? Just trying to see what im getting into lol. Sorry to keep bothering ya :p

Sent: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:38 pm
by k-chan

Hey Shawn, sorry, no IG Codex, I did throw in an old Catachan one though, although it's probably not of very much use now =P

I can't remember what all the vehicles had, but I'm pretty sure it's something like..

Leman Russ Demolisher, Lascannon Front, Open Sides
Leman Russ, Lascannon Front
Leman Russ, Open front

Everything is all packed up now and my roommate is dropping it off at the post office in a few hours. I'll let you know the approximate shipping time later tonight.

Sent: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:11 pm
by whiskey

Didja happen to snap any pics?

Sent: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:29 pm
by k-chan

Ah, sorry, I completely forgot to, my apologies.

I shipped it out earlier, should be getting to you in about 4 days, tracking number CX496625718CA through Canada Post.

Sent: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:59 pm
by k-chan

Hey, just checking up, did everything arrive okay?

Sent: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:35 pm
by whiskey

Yeah it did. Our house was robbed the other night though so I haven't had the time or energy to look at it. I've had to back out of a lot of trades as the stuff I was trading got jacked. I'll check it out tomorrow probably though.

Sent: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 pm
by k-chan

Oh, *edit*, my apologies, that really does suck. At least the IG stuff didn't get taken as well!

Sent: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:33 pm
by k-chan

Hey, any idea when I should be expecting the MO's? I wasn't sure if there was any sort of tracking or delivery confirmation that comes with MO's, and its been almost 3 weeks since the first one was sent out.

Sent: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:11 pm
by whiskey

I'm not sure. I have the reciept so I'll see what I can find out. I work all day tomorrow, but I'll try to get there saturday

Sent: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:27 pm
by k-chan

Thanks, i'll let you know if one arrives later this week. I found regular mail in Canada usually takes about 5 business days, and letters from the States usually take about double that, but over 3 weeks is odd.

Sent: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:39 pm
by k-chan

Did you get a chance to take a look at the shipping receipt? I would say if nothing shows up this week it might be a good idea to cancel both of them and maybe resend another? This is the first time I have dealt with International MO's before though so i'm not 100% sure on how cancelling them works.

Hope everything is doing better for you and your son since the break in!

Sent: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:10 pm
by whiskey

Since I just dealt with standard mail there's no tracking. I'm looking for the reciept in case I need to cancel, but I might be screwed. I'm betting it was in my small wallet which got taken in the break in. I'm hoping not, but if so I'll have to chalk it up as a (big) loss and get the money to send another :(

Sent: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:37 pm
by k-chan

Ah, that's a shame. I'll let you know if I get anything this week, hopefully it shows up tomorrow!

Sent: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:16 pm
by k-chan

Hey, no MO's came in this week, and since its been almost over a month I doubt it's going to be showing up. Let me know when you can get the replacement sent out, maybe with tracking to make sure it get's here this time? I'm actually really surprised it didn't show up last week, this is the first time I have ever had mail that has failed to show up.

Sent: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 am
by whiskey

Yeah it really irks me too. I've never had and issues like this, and two of my trades have been to canada. Very strange. I'll get it again ASAP. Going to try and sell a few things to make the money back.

Sent: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:04 am
by k-chan

Hey, any update on this? I don't mean to pester, but I just wanted to know when you think you will be able to send out the second one? hopefully you were able to sell whatever you were planning on selling.
snowspike ( 18 )
Trade Novice

Re: BTR - Whiskey

Post by snowspike »

I had same problem with him also. I thought he was trustworthy, but turns out he was not. My wife told me not to send him the models until i got paid, but my faith in humanity is gone now lol
Im friendly to talk to, easy to work with and try my best to make people I trade with happy!!

3000 Point Dark Angel, Deathwing ArmyAlways looking for more!
PhillyT ( 182 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by PhillyT »

Looks like he made good on the other unresolved. Hopefully he contacts you and deals with this issue.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

According to the other BTR, his phone went bad & he got a new one.
Try emailing him again.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
k-chan ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by k-chan »

Yep, sorry I have not updated yet, Whiskey replied to my PM and said he will be sending out the replacement MO asap. Ill update it again once I have received, and then maybe a mod can have this marked as resolved/taken down?

It's kinda a shame though, I spent so much time getting my BTR all set up nicely and in order =P
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Yes. Once you update that all is well, we'll mark the BTR as resolved and move it to the Resolved subforum.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
k-chan ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by k-chan »

Updating. Still waiting on a response from Whiskey, getting a bit fed up now. My last PM from him was
Sent: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:59 am
To: k-chan

Ive had a rough week. Will send asap
I sent him another message which he has not opened yet, and has not been back to the site since the 7th of this month, so now its been another 2 weeks since I have heard from him.
k-chan ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by k-chan »

Did some googling, as I still have not heard back from Whiskey since his last PM. Unfortunately it all seems to fairly old information, most have not been updated in 1-2 years.

This appears to be an old 1UP account of his, http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5491077

His name also pops up a lot with something called "Wethegamerz' but doesen't seem to be connected to a different website that used to go by the same name. http://www.manta.com/c/mw2sk9v/wethegamerz

This appears to be his Linkedin http://www.linkedin.com/pub/shawn-kline/33/62a/b29

His old twitter account https://twitter.com/GR_ShawnK#!

I'm looking through the various pages and trying to find an e-mail or phone number I can call and see what is taking so long.
k-chan ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by k-chan »

I have gotten in contact with his former employer, who informed me that he has had problems with theft before, and he has been in trouble with the law before. I'm just trying to see what my next step is, and if I can contact his local police department in any way, but I don't really know what my options are. He also lives directly across from a University, so I'm considering reaching out to the students there to see if anyone is willing to help me out.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Was the former employer willing to release any contact information?

Don't try to get University students involved. Young people can have bad impulse control and, if one of them does something stupid, he does so while acting as your agent. You could be held liable.

Eric

k-chan ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by k-chan »

No. I contacted "Gadget Review" as it was listed as his current place of work, but had not been updated since 2011. I explained to the owner who I was and why I was looking for Shawn, and he just said that "He's got a record for stealing. He's been in trouble with the law in many capacities." He didn't seem to have any current contact information.

In regards to the Uni kids, I was just considering having one of them leave a letter at his house, letting him know I will contacting the police regarding the theft, but you are right, anything that the student did would be my fault, if something were to go wrong, so that may not be the best option.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Emailed you some info.

Also, I messaged someone from WeTheGamerz to see if she would help get a hold of him. Provided her a link to this thread.

Eric

k-chan ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by k-chan »

So after multiple e-mails and over 3 months I finally received... my army back in the mail! A few of the large models had pieces "removed" or broken off to fit it in the box, but at this point I could care less and i'm just glad I got something. I haven't had a chance to check through everything, but it looks like it's all there.

Glad this could finally get resolved, not that Shawn made anything easy.

Now it's time to re-catalog everything and attempt to find a new buyer..

Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Okay. So, you got back EVERYTHING?
We don't want to close this thread and mark it resolved until you are certain that all is present.

I'm only asking since you have yet to 're-catalog" everything.

Eric

P.S. I advise that you leave the approriate reference, if you have not done so already.

k-chan ( 2 )
New Trader

Post by k-chan »

Yep, i'm just going through everything now, looks like all the tanks and larger models are here, as well as all the infantry. The only thing that looks to be missing is the Catachan Codex, which I could honestly care less about. I will also leave a reference for him, not that I expect him to try 'trading' on here again. Thanks for all the help MM!

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”