The compiled list of Bad Traders from the old forum...

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

The compiled list of Bad Traders from the old forum...

Post by Linrandir »

Because I like you guys... :wink:

MAX MARTINEZ aka Plague Censor, reported by Michael Ruble
Ken Lucas aka moc065, reported by Uatu13
Suicide-Goblin, reported by Meatwad
Meatwad, reported by Suicide-Goblin
Sean Tower & David Hammon by ChaosOrc
Warmungerer AKA Steve Jones, by darkchampion
sjkadafi6837 by Walekith
Kenneth W. Ott by David Phillips
Brian Boyle (slikmaster303) by pixelgeek
drazenkale (Jason Hubbs j_hubbs24@hotmail.com) by Insidius
MrMondaynitee/Mrmonday/Justin Barnard by insidius
Jason Ticknor/Shannon Mckinna by Insidius, et al
zima/dudzicz by DarkSoul
Chris Dingley ( 5811 Measa Drive Austin , Texas 78731), by multiple users
Chris Griffin of 14 Williston Arms Dr., Williston, Fl. 32696 by Terry Hogue
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
slikmaster303 ( 2 )
Journeyman Trader

May I ask why I am a "Bad Trader"??

Post by slikmaster303 »

I was wondering, why do you have me as a bad trader. I didn't do anything wrong my package simply went missing. Is that my fault? All in all Pixelgeek got his stuff so why am I a bad trader? Let me know, thanks.
Meatwad ( 0 )
Account Terminated

Post by Meatwad »

Lirandir, the people that gave me bad rating did it because they got one from me. They ripped me off, why am I on the list?
Dominant.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

You forgot

Post by MagickalMemories »

Lin, Don't forget Nocks (who traded with me as Adam Swank and another name I can no longer recall). My postings on him were accidentally deleted during a clean up and never returned.
I also had a PM from you stating that my negatives (2 or 'em) from him were unwarranted and would be removed when time permitted. That is gone, too.

Thanks,
Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
moc065 ( 6 )
Trade Novice

Two sides to every story.

Post by moc065 »

Only made 5 trades on Bartertown, 4 people said I was an excellent trader and that they would trade with me again anytime; 1 guy says I'm a "bad trader" and I get blacklisted.

Lets set the record straight, the 1 guy that was dis-satisfied, was so unhappy that he even refused the 100% refund I offered him, instead opting to keep the models ???

I don't know what else I could have done to please this person (maybe build, paint, playtest and give him an army for free); but, if thats how Bartertown wants to treat me,.... Whatever,... I am sure that there are numerous honest people out there that will still trade with me.
Respect others as you would have them respect you.
Morlock-Bloodletter ( 34 )
Site Admin

Post by Morlock-Bloodletter »

Guys, this is NOT a black list by any means. This is to help keep the record as accurate as possible.

See when the server providers changed we lost all those useful BTR's (Bad Trader Reports) in the forum. We needed to do SOMETHING to remind those of the past experiences.

No one is being labelled. We are just trying to bring forward something accurate then was never publicly resolved from the previous forums.

We were not able to bring forward every last syllable (though some were very entertaining) from the forum so we brought forward the person who was reported and who reported them.

This makes it the future traders responsibility to do the research on whether or not to trade with someone.

Bad Trader does not equal "rip off artist" or "scammer". It simply means someone reported a problem with their trade.
RULES OF POSTING ON BARTERTOWN ARE FOUND HERE

viewforum.php?f=44
Meatwad ( 0 )
Account Terminated

Post by Meatwad »

But I was ripped off by Suicide-Goblin. Not only did I send the right items at the appropiate time but he figured I wasn't deserving of anything in return. He said they're so terrible he will keep them.
Dominant.
Morlock-Bloodletter ( 34 )
Site Admin

Post by Morlock-Bloodletter »

And you had your say by doing a BTR on Suicide-Goblin which IS also posted up there...
IIRC the whole mess was one big cluster "F" on the BTR forums anyway... it's best that it all stays unless you can get a retraction from Suicide-Goblin.
RULES OF POSTING ON BARTERTOWN ARE FOUND HERE

viewforum.php?f=44
uatu13 ( 396 )
Expert Trader

Why moc065 is on this list

Post by uatu13 »

moc065 is on this list because he sold me a large lot of tyranid models that were in horrendous shape, most notably containing a "hive tyrant" which was made of putty and a few random fantasy bits. In addition to this he failed to mention that numerous models were converted to an extent which made them unplayable and unusuable even as bits. He only offered a refund after I made a stink on BT, which was contingent of me paying an additional $20+ to ship the whole mess back to Canada from the US, at which point I was done with the debacle. This guy isn't the worst trader on BT, but he certainly is a slippery one.

I can't suggest strongly enough you get pictures from anything you trade with this guy before doing so, you may get another putty creation given a warhammer name!
Suicide-Goblin ( 46 )
Resident Trader

Post by Suicide-Goblin »

Also, just stopping in again, why am I a bad trader? I was reported by meatwad for his incompetence and he's now has a thread against him!!!

:shock:
Trading Rules/"Guidelines"
1) Pictures for assembled models please
2) Post prices if you have the models, or respond with pictures and your expected price
3) Lower rep sends first unless it's a buy//sell. Buyer pays, seller ships. Unless you have less than 10 rep. Then you ship.
4) Leave trade rep after you get paid or receive items.
5) If there isn't a tracking number, it hasn't shipped. Period.
And last but not least...
6) If you have an issue address it by PM first. Always.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

Oh man, I remember that putty monster..

Heh.. that made me laugh and laugh and laaaaaugh..

It was like someone had pooped and then glued it to a monster base... except it wasn't supposed to be nurgle so.. er..
OmniJackal ( 28 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by OmniJackal »

teh pants!!!!
yeah I had a few stoned chuckles when you described that tyrant man. I seriously felt bad for you lol.

Lin thats comedy
Suicide-Goblin, reported by Meatwad
Meatwad, reported by Suicide-Goblin

Lmfao
uatu13 ( 396 )
Expert Trader

Post by uatu13 »

Yeah, you know a model is crap when you have to use it as a proxy for what it's actually supposed to be!
Suicide-Goblin ( 46 )
Resident Trader

Post by Suicide-Goblin »

I only got added as I couldnt find his "crap", it appeared in mail, and then appeared in trash...

Simple transition of crap, I didnt want to clog my toilet. Yeah, my fault, bad judgement.
Last edited by Suicide-Goblin on Thu May 26, 2005 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trading Rules/"Guidelines"
1) Pictures for assembled models please
2) Post prices if you have the models, or respond with pictures and your expected price
3) Lower rep sends first unless it's a buy//sell. Buyer pays, seller ships. Unless you have less than 10 rep. Then you ship.
4) Leave trade rep after you get paid or receive items.
5) If there isn't a tracking number, it hasn't shipped. Period.
And last but not least...
6) If you have an issue address it by PM first. Always.
OmniJackal ( 28 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by OmniJackal »

well thats your problem not his. you buy something from wal-mart and it breaks you cant stroll in there demanding money without the product now can you?

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”