BTR: Ricobella

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

scorchedearth ( 52 )
BTown Regular

BTR: Ricobella

Post by scorchedearth »

I really don't like having to post this. My first deal with Rico was when I GAVE him 3 28mm tanks. I offered the vehicles as a donation to anyone who replied first to my post.

After receiving his FREE items he asked for more stuff. A deal was struck. I sent him miniatures to paint and half of my payment. It has been 5 months. I waited patiently and now have asked for my stuff back. Rico is avoiding me now. I just want my miniatures back. He can keep the 1/2 initial payment.

This is just sad. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

I will forward emails and other correspondence to anyone that asks.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR: Ricobella

Post by MagickalMemories »

(PM sent to OP, re: Reporting requirements)
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
scorchedearth ( 52 )
BTown Regular

Post by scorchedearth »

Re: Interested
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:07 pm
by scorchedearth
Hey Rico

Just checking in. Any progress with those WWI minis ?

-Chad
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:01 am
by Ricobella
Thank you Chad. I've read them. That's fine. I am looking foward to painting and basing your WWI Germans and WW II USA platoon. We'll be in contact soon. Thank you again Chad.

Kind regards,
Rico
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:02 am
by scorchedearth
I responded to your emails.
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:47 am
by Ricobella
Hi Chad. I sent pics of everything. Including the small L7ght Japanese tank and misaligned barrels and crates.
Do you want me too base the figs ?
Thank you
Rico
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:46 am
by scorchedearth
Hey Rico

My email is c.sebour@gmail.com

The Polski 621's are much bigger than 1/56th. I had mentioned that in the post on bartertown. I do not mind making a few more for you at 1/56. I'll get right on that.

The sd kfz 10 ausf b's were very small. I'll atach a picture for reference. Could you double check them? Then send me a few pics of them next to some bolt action figs?

They are much much bigger than the 1/100th FOW vehicles, I assure you.
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:27 pm
by Ricobella
Hello Chad. I just got home and open the box. Wow. That is a lot of figures to paint more than I imagined. Let me know if you want me to Base them or you will do them. I started to prep them per packs.
As for the traded stuff I have several questions. The Polski trucks are huge. They are 1/35th scale which are bigger than the Bolt Action 1/56 mm or 48 mm. One of them has a broken wheel as well.
As for the Sdkfz 10 Aufs b trucks these are in reverse, they are tiny in comparison to the 1/56 scale of Warlord . They are more appropiate for 15/20 mm Flames of War games.

The Japanese Ha Go is all so tiny it is made for Flames of War. As you know I play Bolt Action 28 mm. I sent pictures to compare them to the Ha Ro that you printed before for me.
As for the barrels and crates, one of the sets is off right in the middle and look like was glued. Misprint? Ok. LMK bud.
Please send me your to swnd you the pictures. I'm at:
rcorrea1567@live.com

Thanks
Rico
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:51 am
by Ricobella
OMG Chad!!! Thanknyou Sir!!!
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:38 am
by scorchedearth
Hey Rico. Your package is on its ways. 9534 6117 5252 9102 2588 47.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 9102258847

Also, I did some research today and I think my offer was low. I'm going to send you all the buildings in the picture when you are done painting.
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:12 pm
by Ricobella
Sounds great Chad! Looking foward to painting this stuff for you. Send me the tracking number like last time. Thank you and God bless.
Kind regards,
Rico
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:09 pm
by scorchedearth
That's everything in the picture. And I will throw in some waddle fences also.

Not sure where Randy has been. I think he is currently on a family vacation.

I'll send out everything tomorrow. Thanks Rico
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:53 pm
by Ricobella
One quick questions. Are those all that are included for the 2 sets of barrels, crates and ropes in the picture?
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:47 pm
by Ricobella
Sounds great Sir. Considering you gave me 3 free tanks. Thank you again for that Sir. Ok its a done deal Chad.
What I was saying is that I prefer the figures not based as I paint them first at that scale individually after the base colors that are airbrushed and then seal later after brushing them with details and wash, etc.. I can paint them and seal them. Then I'd send them back to you to base at your leisure and liking. Just remember to seal again due to the basing for more durability.

PS- I never heard back from Randy. What happened?
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:38 pm
by scorchedearth
The minis I need painted are all 15mm Flames of war stuff. You do not have to base them. I will do that myself.

Here is what I will provide in the trade:
x5 8.8cm Flak guns
x3 Polski 621 trucks
x4 Sdkfz 10 ausf b
x2 Sets of Barrels/ropes/crates
x1 Ha-Go ( I will print this out for you tonight )

That's a $160 value.

If this seems fair to you, I will send you everything tomorrow.
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:05 pm
by Ricobella
Look great! So the other stuff and the Ha Go? Also its easier to paint non based. I would base them after painting them. They are 1/72 scale is nicer when painted first then based.
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm
by scorchedearth
Here's a pic. Two sets of barrels, ropes and crates. All primed in brown.

I will send you out the stuff tomorrow.
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:56 pm
by Ricobella
I am interested yes. Which barrels rope stuff you have. Pictures?
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:34 pm
by scorchedearth
I can base them myself. Just need the miniatures painted.

We're you not interested in the x5 8.8cm Flak guns, x3 Polski 621 trucks, x4 Sdkfz 10 ausf b ?

I don't have any B&P stuff at the moment.

Each box of stuff has a desription on it. German WW1 figures mostly. There is one box of US WW2 infantry.

I'm guessing that there are 100 figures or more.
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:06 am
by Ricobella
Hello Chad. Wow! That is a huge amount of figs to paint and base. I'm very interested in a lot of terrain for Blood and Plunder. Looking for gun entrenchments, houses, huts, wicker fencing, gabion, sacs, barrels, market stalls, Piers, docks, ropes, stone walls, etc. I'm also interested in a Japanese Ha Go. Can you send the pics of tbe B and P stuff.
How would you like me to base them for you Chad? I'll work on them STAT as soon as I received them. What nationality are they so that I can do the research on the uniforms, weapons, etcs to work on them.
My email is :
rcorrea1567@live.com
Let me know Sir. Thank you and God bless.
Kind regards,
Rico
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:36 am
by scorchedearth
Hey Rico

I have some WWI Germans that need painting and one US WWII infantry command.

I'd be willing to part with the x5 8.8cm Flak guns, x3 Polski 621 trucks, x4 Sdkfz 10 ausf b

I will also throw in the crates, barrels and rope terrain that you like.

These are well worth over a hundred dollars.

Let me know if the trade is acceptable and I will send them out ASAP.
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 pm
by Ricobella
Hello again Chad. I can paint if you'd like. I'm still awaiting Randy's response to paint his Napoleonic figures. Waiting for the Blood and Plunder stuff. Let me know Sir. Thank you Sir and God bless.

Kind regards,
Rico
Quote scorchedearth

Sent: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:35 pm
by scorchedearth
Hi Rico

Yes they are still available. They have been painted somewhat. What's your email? I will send you pictures. Were you interested in a trade or commission work? I have a bunch on WWI troops 15mm that need painting.
Interested
Quote Ricobella

Sent: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:42 am
by Ricobella
Hey Chad. Hope all is well. Are these still available? I'm interested. Thank you and God bless.
Kind regards
Rico
scorchedearth ( 52 )
BTown Regular

Post by scorchedearth »

*Update*

After a year, Rico replaced most of the miniatures I sent. I'm still lost on the first half of the payment I sent him and the cost to ship it all. He claims to have been in and out of the hospital. That's a good excuse, but so much didn't add up. He posted pictures to facebook of bolt action matches that he hosted. The store where he hosted the game confirmed that it was him that hosted it. My miniatures that I sent him were in the pictures... He claimed that he didn't see my messages on Btown.. But you can easily go to someones profile on this site and see when they last logged in. AND you can see if they have opened your messages. I believe he saw my messages. Unless I am just missing something. I have pictures to back that all up.

This whole thing has been quite unpleasant. One of his stipulations for replacing my items was that I take down the bad review here on Btown. I'm not sure that I want to do that entirely. But I said I would. So I'm requesting the bad review be taken down so that I can make a neutral one...

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”