BTR: Jfox5945 - Jason Fox

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR: Jfox5945 - Jason Fox

Post by Cyranax »

On Wednesday, March 28th, I contacted Jfox5945 about a Necron army lot he had for sale and we agreed on a price of $265 shipped for the lot. The were shipped promptly, but the packaging was negligent. On inspection, the models arrived damaged in ways that could have been prevented and the Immortals had been heavily converted from other kits without declaration, which is partially my fault for being new to the army and not fully researching the models I was going to receive. Finally, the seller declared additional terms of "as is" and "no returns" after I brought up potential cost share or return at my expense.
Necron Lot Purchase
Catacomb Command Barge
2x Overlords
10x Immortals
40x Warriors
10x Deathmarks
5x Destroyers
10x Lychguard w/ scythes
2x Ghost Arks
Triarch Stalker
Doom Scythe
Index book

Necron Lot Received
Catacomb Command Barge
2x Overlords
10x Immortals (Warriors with Tesla weapons glued to them, missing all cables and backs)
40x Warriors (10x missing barrels of guns, 2 snapped at torso, 2 heads broken)
10x Deathmarks (missing carapace bits for backs)
4x Destroyers
10x Lychguard w/ scythes (5 lost arms/weapons in various locations)
2x Ghost Arks (10 of the 20 weapons had been snapped off)
Triarch Stalker
Doom Scythe
Index book

all email addresses have been edited to b-town usernames
Images sent by seller before transaction https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BRT7H ... SqHUwrMtP8

Images of purchase on arrival, all packaging left in boxes.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IIiBN ... GfJiF-kNeT

Paypal transaction screenshot also included. Email addresses and Personal Addresses edited out.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oe-Sm ... Xr9m7Ivhlx

Re: necron lot
Sent: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:15 pm
by Jfox5945

I can send pictures to an email if you'd like. Please note that none of the models have the green parts on them for their guns. The green parts are included, but unattached for easier painting/priming.
After this point we moved to email to facilitate communication
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 28 6:35 pm
Not all warriors are pictured, just the handful that were readily available
cyranax Necrons Mar 28 6:39 pm
got the images. would you prefer contact here or B-town?
Ark interiors, are they going to be included? and the alternate weapons?
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 28 6:43 pm
This is probably easier. Unfortunately they are not included, they have been misplaced at some point, and are now lost in the warp, otherwise they would be
cyranax Necrons Mar 28 6:45 pm
is there anything else missing that I should be aware of? I know the ghost ark bits will be possible to get replaced at some expense, but at least that one I know I can do. Do you have any of the additional bits?
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 28 6:48 pm
No additional bits aside from the green parts. 1 of the warriors is missing a head. 1 destroyer and 1 warscythe guy are missing an arm, but they are included, just not glued on
cyranax Necrons Mar 28 6:53 pm
head and arms, just for clarity, are not missing. They are just unattached.
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 28 6:56 pm
The head is missing, arms are not
cyranax Necrons Mar 28 7:00 pm
are there any scarabs included to go with the warriors?
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 28 7:04 pm
Nope, no scarabs
cyranax Necrons Mar 28 7:05 pm
bummer, but I'm in. $265 shipped sound ok to you?
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 28 7:12 pm
Works for me. I accept paypal and can ship as soon as friday
cyranax Necrons Mar 28 7:14 pm
Is this your email for the paypal account? I can pay today/tomorrow if you can guarantee ship by friday/saturday.
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 28 7:18 pm
Yes it is. Im off friday so I can definitely ship it out friday before noon
cyranax Necrons Mar 28 7:31 pm
money sent, looking forward to it. Thankyou for being so prompt in communication.
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 28 7:34 pm
Received, thanks a lot! Ill email you friday afternoon with shipping details
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 30 8:04 am
Sorry man, I had to send everything in 2 boxes. Hopefully they get there at the same time, but you never know with USPS. Anyway, here are the tracking numbers:

9505 5123 7833 8089 1928 22
9505 5129 7833 8089 1928 46
cyranax Necrons Mar 30 8:42 am
Things happen. Thanks for sending me the tracking. I'll let you know when they arrive and leave feedback for you.
cyranax Necrons Mar 30 5:59 pm
That first tracking number, is it also 5129? the 5123 doesnt track
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 30 6:01 pm
Perhaps, I may have made a typo, but I can check when I get home
cyranax Necrons Mar 30 6:05 pm
no worries, I checked using the different number, it made a valid shipment with the same delivery date, so I'm assuming that's all it was.
jfox5945 Necrons Mar 30 6:12 pm
Yep, thats it, sorry about that
cyranax Necrons Mar 30 6:13 pm
just a matter of checking, thanks.
I tried to connect on Bartertown

Sent: Thu Apr 03, 2018 11:05 am
by Cyranax
Thank you for the reference Fox, your packages arrived, but I do have a couple things I'd like to mention.

The packaging was underwhelming. Literally all of the infantry models were in one large pile. I came out with 5 lychguard damaged, one immortal, two warriors, and both ghost arks. Between the arks, 10 guns snapped off, and there were puncture holes in their newspaper you used as wrapping.

The sale post said 5 Destroyers, but I received 4, I had copied the post in the paypal sending, but your post has since been *sold* overwritten.
A full unit of 10 Warriors are missing the end cap to their rifles
All of the Deathmarked are missing their backpacks
All of the Immortals are missing their gun cabling *edit* one closer inspection, these are Warriors with Immortal weapons, so converted. This would be a thing to mention in posts, as I would have to boy all new torsos to bring them in line with their counterparts. *end edit*
Sent: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 am
by Cyranax
JFox,

I'm going to be honest, I was hoping for a response of some sort from you. Anyway, I wanted to bring up my feelings on this. You had declared that no additional bits aside from what were stated were missing from the models, and I'm finding that the missing pieces, plus the damage from the packing you gave the models a little bit much. I'd like to ask that you and I split the expense therein so I can build/repair the models that I have purchased from you.

I used horde 'o bits as the baseline for pieces.

WARHAMMER 40K BIN BITS NECRON WARRIORS - 12x GAUSS FLAYER GUNS 5.39 for the missing gun muzzles of the full unit

WARHAMMER 40K BIN BITS NECRON DOOMSDAY ARK - 10x WEAPONS 11.69 for the 10 weapons that snapped off

WARHAMMER 40K BIN BITS NECRON TRIARCH PRAETORIANS - ARMS AND STAFF RODS 6.29 for the 5 praetorians that showed up with their arms snapped/torn

$66 for two boxes of Immortals
Using Warriors and just haphazardly placing a gun from another model on it to call them a different unit isn't right. At the *very* least, they should have been declared as conversions or *counts as*

I'm going to count the missing carapace for the deathmarked as losses, because the only way I've been able to find them is with the full torsos, and $13.50 per 5 is just stupid to get those.

5.39+11.69+6.29+66=89.37. Vacaville, CA has a local tax rate of 7.625, and shipping is about $6-10, bringing the total to just over $100
I would like to split that cost at $50 from you.
my paypal is *cyranax*

I apologize for asking for this, but the condition everything arrived in was atrocious. Please, in the future, take your time and make sure the models are wrapped so they don't wind up in a tangled mess. If we can settle this here, I will be more than happy to leave a positive trade review as my concerns will have been alleviated.
When receiving no response via Bartertown, I moved back to email
Cyranax Necrons Apr 6 12:17
Fox,

I'm following up on email to try and get a response, as I know that you have seen the bartertown messages and have not reached out to even acknowledge the problem. I'm hoping that you have just been busy, but would like to try and get this whole thing resolved.

In summary, the Immortals are not in fact Immortals in any way.
Your packaging led to significant damage to various models
I am asking that you split the loss/damage costs 50/50, and feel that this is fair because the packaging was negligent given the volume of models, and several models were not as advertised.

Thank you for your time
jfox5945 Necrons Apr 6 1:28
Hello,

I do not check my bartertown messages, so if you sent me any, I have not seen them. Im afraid you will have to catch me up to speed
cyranax Necrons Apr 6 1:31
you logged in to view both of them, so I am not sure. I am just going to copy/paste if you don't mind.

JFox,

I'm going to be honest, I was hoping for a response of some sort from you. Anyway, I wanted to bring up my feelings on this. You had declared that no additional bits aside from what were stated were missing from the models, and I'm finding that the missing pieces, plus the damage from the packing you gave the models a little bit much. I'd like to ask that you and I split the expense therein so I can build/repair the models that I have purchased from you.

I used horde 'o bits as the baseline for pieces.

WARHAMMER 40K BIN BITS NECRON WARRIORS - 12x GAUSS FLAYER GUNS 5.39 for the missing gun muzzles of the full unit

WARHAMMER 40K BIN BITS NECRON DOOMSDAY ARK - 10x WEAPONS 11.69 for the 10 weapons that snapped off

WARHAMMER 40K BIN BITS NECRON TRIARCH PRAETORIANS - ARMS AND STAFF RODS 6.29 for the 5 praetorians that showed up with their arms snapped/torn

$66 for two boxes of Immortals
Using Warriors and just haphazardly placing a gun from another model on it to call them a different unit isn't right. At the *very* least, they should have been declared as conversions or *counts as*

I'm going to count the missing carapace for the deathmarked as losses, because the only way I've been able to find them is with the full torsos, and $13.50 per 5 is just stupid to get those.

5.39+11.69+6.29+66=89.37. Vacaville, CA has a local tax rate of 7.625, and shipping is about $6-10, bringing the total to just over $100
I would like to split that cost at $50 from you.
my paypal is spiritdrak@verizon.net

I apologize for asking for this, but the condition everything arrived in was atrocious. Please, in the future, take your time and make sure the models are wrapped so they don't wind up in a tangled mess. If we can settle this here, I will be more than happy to leave a positive trade review as my concerns will have been alleviated. ​
*Note* I was not familiar with Necrons at the time, and as such only took a cursory glance at the pictured models. They were not declared converted, so I took him at his word that the models were what he said until I had them in hand.
jfox5945 Necrons Apr 6 1:41
I am very sorry the models did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately the models are sold as is, I had sent you pictures of what they looked like, if you wanted additional angles or close ups on certain models, you had only to ask.

As for shipping, I have received models in that manner many times, and they were usually fine, and if something broke off, I had to just glue it back on. They were fully in tact when I gave them to the post office, anything past that is beyond my control.
*note* typo here, had intended to write 70+, as all infantry were in the same box.
cyranax Necrons Apr 6 1:47
Two pieces of newspaper and a small foam piece on top is not sufficient packaging for 10+ infantry models. I realize a can "glue them back on" however, the damage is done and some need replacement parts. As for the sale itself, you sold under the intention of Immortals. The models you supplied are warrior bodies with an immortal gun glued on hapazardly. The additional warriors you did not picture becaus they were not "readily available," but are missing bits themselves. When I had asked, and reiterated for clarification, if any bits were missing, you had assured me of only one head itself missing. This was incorrect. All of the lychguard carapaces are missing, as well as the warrior's end cap for their guns.
jfox5945 Necrons Apr 6 1:55
The models had all the bits I purchased them with, minus what I had mentioned. They were shipped as they were in the pictures, if they were not up to your standards in the photos, you should have asked for additional photos, or passed on the sale.
cyranax Necrons Apr 6 1:57
If that is your decision, I am more than happy to do a full refund for you. I will send all models back with the same packaging you supplied, and take care of the shipping costs.
jfox5945 Necrons Apr 6 2:02
I am not interested in buying the models back, otherwise I would not have sold them in the first place.
No further communication has been attempted as he had made his point. I have a currently ongoing Paypal investigation for the transaction, and he has been informed of this BTR.
If you message me, I will make it a point to respond as soon as I can, interested or not. Please afford me the same courtesy.
Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR: Jfox5945 - Jason Fox

Post by Cyranax »

Update: Paypal has determined that the dispute is valid for a return and refund. As such, I will be packaging up the purchase and returning the lot to Jfox, and update in the next couple days once it is sent, and again when Paypal makes good on it.
If you message me, I will make it a point to respond as soon as I can, interested or not. Please afford me the same courtesy.
Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Cyranax »

Update 2:
the Necron lot has been repackaged and sent back to the seller per paypal. Pictures of packaging and proof of return receipt included in the below link.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EsOYR ... eT0N8OvP9l
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

If you'd received it packed like that, I'm thinking none of this would have happened.
Damn shame you've got to be out almost $20 of your own money for this.

Well handled.

Have you communicated with Jfox5945 & provided a link to this BTR?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Cyranax »

Indeed I have.
trader report
Sent: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm
Recipient: Jfox5945

Fox,

I am letting you know that I have drafted and published a BTR for the process of our transaction. It can be found at viewtopic.php?f=103&t=308842.

If you would like to address me or the concerns presented, please comment there, as anything messaged to me will be copied and posted there.
Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Cyranax »

Just an update:
Dropped it off on the 11th, Fairfield had it on the 12th, LA on the 16th, it was originally due to arrive on the 19th. Paypal holds the funds until delivered.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Currently still shows as "In transit."
Last update by USPS was (as of today) 4/16:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 8102181833

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Cyranax »

Yes, opened "lost mail claim" and USPS phone support informed me that I should open a claim on lost package with them when available (friday). In the meantime, limbo.
Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Cyranax »

USPS status unchanged. Paypal emailed, closed the case in Fox's favor because USPS lost this one package. Called them, can ask for appeal if the post can *ever* find my package.

I would like to close this thread as resolved by third party.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

It's not resolved.
We'll leave it open.
If you insist that it gets closed, we will close it... but it's not resolved if you didn't get payment, and you won't have the ability to reopen it or file a new BTR.

Please, confirm.

Eric

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Also, look up the zip code and find his local USPS.
Speak to someone there.
You'd be surprised what a mail carrier will remember. He might remember delivering it and have some reason why it didn't get updated.

Eric

Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Cyranax »

I'll try calling and hope.
I'm just not sure what else *can* be done. Even if I don't receive payment, usps and paypal both give me the *we can't do anything* speech. If you believe this should stay open until more has been done, I will bow to the wisdom of someone who handles these things significantly more than I.
Cyranax ( 106 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Cyranax »

Update:
After 6 months, USPS officially gave up on searching for the package, and Paypal gave no recourse or ability to refile without confirmation of any sort from USPS.

Sat, Oct 20, 2018 10:10 pm
Dear Matthew Meinke,
Thank you for using USPS.com.
We regret to inform you that after thoroughly searching for your mail we were unable to locate your missing item(s).

Search Request Details:
Request Date: 04/23/2018
Reference: Search ID #4241361
Tracking Number: 9534611637488102181833
We work hard to provide prompt, accurate service to our customers, and regret that we were unable to deliver your mailpiece on this occasion. To help us get your packages to their destination in the future:

Put a return address on the outside of all mailpieces
Include a label with your name and complete address on the inside of packages
We never like to think of anything happening to the mail during transit, but we want to be prepared for any contingency and your assistance is vital to that preparedness.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Thank you for using the U.S. Postal Service®.
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

OK, so this may be redundant... but I have had many a thing go 'missing' in USPS hands... and USPS will never (in my experience) resolve it... However, (and I apologize if you have already tried this and I missed it) there is an independent body that works with the governmental agency of USPS that protects consumers and every time I have ended up talking to them they found the package within 24 hrs... The government is very hard to get to do due diligence (IMHO)...

Thanks,
Sean
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Damn, Cyr. That sucks... a LOT.
It's horrible that you are out all that freaking money because of the lazy trading and shipping practices of another. This REALLY does not make me happy!

So, wsott, do you have information on this agency, and how he can get a hold of them?

Eric

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”