BTR Cannedrabbit (Gaming Grounds)

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

BTR Cannedrabbit (Gaming Grounds)

Post by Gav99 »

/sigh/ I hate filling these out. Oh well, here goes.

Cannedrabbit put up a thread asking for $62 for a brand new Warhammer Vampire Counts Restless Dead box set and VC Skeletons box. Sent him a message shortly after (Dec 21st), being as it was a great price to increase my newly started 8th ed VC army. He stated that this was to buy a last minute Christmas gift.

It took him a few days to respond, but when he did he offered me the bundle and I paid for it immediately (Dec 24th). Sent him a PM right after sending the money (via paypal normal payments to ensure I was protected) and since that point I have not received any communication from him. After about a week of not hearing anything, I sent a query to see if he had shipped anything or just to get any info, but the messages sat in my outbox for several days until it finally vanished on Monday 4th Jan. So, basically a whole week since they were read and he has not bothered to contact me.

As of Wednesday Jan 6th I posted a paypal dispute to try and re-ignite some dialogue, but no response to that either. As of today, I've escalated that into a claim. Just in case this was a con, I thought I should post a BTR in case he has also taken money from other people for the same bundle. At the very least, maybe he'll make an appearance and complete our trade before Paypal refund me.

PM logs go as such:

Sent: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm
by Gav99
Gav99 wrote:If it's all still brand new them I'd take it off your hands.

Send me your PayPal details and I'll send over the cash. If you need exactly $62, then I imagine I'd also need to cover the PayPal fee (so $65).

Subject: Have: Vampire Counts Want: Quick $ for the holiday!
Cannedrabbit wrote:Hi all!

I've got a still in box Warhammer Fantasy Vampire Counts Restless Dead bundle I'm looking to move super quick, so I can order one last xmas present before its too late. I'm asking $62.00 for bundle, which is exactly what I need to order and ship this present. I'm not charging shipping for the bundle, and I'll have it out within a day or two after payment. If someone could help out, I'll even toss in an additional box of VC Skeletons as well!

So:

Have: Vampire Counts Restless Dead Bundle: $62.00 (plus an additional box of skeletons!)
(still in box, on sprue.)

Thanks!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:42 pm
by Cannedrabbit
Cannedrabbit wrote:It's still brand new, at least in box. Nothing's been assembled or painted, and is still on sprue.
My paypal is cannedrabbit@gmail.com
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:49 pm
by Gav99
Gav99 wrote:Money sent.

Just in case, my address is:

Edit: address

Cheers.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:21 am
by Gav99
Gav99 wrote:Did you receive the money I sent?

Was everything shipped out? And if so, what is the tracking number?

Little worried that I haven't heard from you since I sent the money.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:14 pm
by Gav99
Gav99 wrote:Still haven't heard back from you, and it's been over a week since I paid. I could understand a few days because of the holidays, but starting to get a little worried now.

Were the items shipped? Is there a tracking number?

I'll give you another week to respond (until Jan 8th) or for the items to show up. After that time I'll have to put in a paypal claim and a BTR.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Info from Paypal about the seller:

Seller's Name: Gaming Grounds
Seller's Email: cannedrabbit@gmail.com
Transaction Date: Dec 24, 2015
Transaction Amount: -$65.00 USD

I'd sent an extra $3 to cover the paypal fees as he had stipulated that he needed $62 exactly for the gift he wanted to buy.

So, in conclusion, I have put in a claim to Paypal to resolve this issue (as Cannedrabbit is not responding) to enact the worst-case scenario of getting a forced refund due to non-shipment and breaking of our contract of sale. I can only hope at this point that Cannedrabbit will see this and try to work this out with me to the best-case scenario of actually sending the items and communicating properly.
Trading on Dakkadakka under the same name.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: BTR Cannedrabbit (Gaming Grounds)

Post by 3eland »

There was another member who posted a BTR on Cannedrabbit (I knew the name sounded familiar) but they told me it was a misunderstanding and so I removed it (but did not nuke it). I was told the member got a hold of cannedrabbit through his Facebook account.

Let me get you his Facebook information and see if it helps.

I'll keep you informed.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Godisen »

I was in contact with cannedrabbit previously. And I'm afraid he might have sold us the same set. I reached him on his mail asress where after a while but since he have sold 2 unopend restless dead sets it's most likely a scam
Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

Godisen, please post a BTR for your transaction with him also (separate to mine) so that each individual transaction with him can be dealt with. If he is in fact running a con here then he'll likely be banned.
Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Godisen »

I had one opend, but i managed to get into contact with him, a couple hours after it went up where he made some information on why he had been delayed and said he was going to post it first thing monday. So I asked for it removed since I felt like I had acted posthumously.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Godisen wrote:I had one opend, but i managed to get into contact with him, a couple hours after it went up where he made some information on why he had been delayed and said he was going to post it first thing monday. So I asked for it removed since I felt like I had acted posthumously.

I have restored your BTR.

Ryan
~Ryan~

Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

I had contacted Cannedrabbit over Facebook messenger, as recommended, on Sunday. As of 5pm today I got a message on my phone that Cannedrabbit (Carmen ||| Pirro) had accepted my contact request (I don't remember requesting that, only sending a message) but no response to my message still. I tried checking their Facebook page again and now it's either set to private or I'm blocked from it as it now says that it is either no longer available or I'm not in the select group able to view it.

I was able to view it yesterday, so can only imagine that this was done to make it more difficult to contact them and to hold them accountable.

Paypal is giving them until Jan 19th to respond before making a decision, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to get my money back at this point. I can't help but feel sorry for Godisen, as he is in this far worse than I am, so I hope he can get some justice from his BTR and attempts to get what is rightfully his.

What I would love to see though, at the very least, is an apology from Cannedrabbit for double-selling and then ignoring messages, to refund me - as I paid after Godisen did, and then to ship him the VC minis he purchased + all the other minis Godisen had sent to him. That I would consider a fair end to this debacle. So, if you're even bothering to read this Cannedrabbit, do the right thing by Godisen at least because I'm getting my money back from you regardless.
Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Godisen »

Thanks for your support Gav99
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

So I did some digging.

Vera is Caitlin's wife. Caitlin is the registered person under Cannedrabbit.

Vera owns a store in Kent, Ohio. Since this is a publicly owned store and she is the wife of Caitlin, the details are:

Vera Campbell
Gaming Grounds Tabletop Games in Kent, Ohio
330-677-8075
416 stinaff st

Note however that according to this publication, the store may no longer be operational as they are converting their space for some sort of housing for the LGBT community: http://recordpub.com/news%20local/2015/ ... bt-housing

There is a website under Cannedrabbit from Kent, Ohio that sells paintings: http://cannedrabbit.storenvy.com/faq

Gaming Grounds had an eBay account but after a few negative references they were either banned or unregistered (note the Kent, Ohio in the public description): http://www.ebay.ph/usr/gamingxgrounds?_ ... 7675.l2559

I haven't been able to find a public link between that Facebook account and Vera or Caitlin.

I'll do some more digging later.

Ryan
~Ryan~

3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

As an update, cannedrabbit changed the email associated with their account on January 2nd. I will be PMing both of you this.

Ryan
~Ryan~

Godisen ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Godisen »

I managed to establish the link to that facebook acount based on the adress given to where i could send the miniatures. I checked who owned that property as it was most likely the same as the one as i was trading with. According to various property sites the owner was the one which I linked the profile.
Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

Paypal just decided in my favor, after Cannedrabbit failed to respond to them in the time allotted. Have to say, I'm very much disgusted at this con, especially for the sake of Godisen. I just hope that he can get his money back also at the least. Might be a job for the local cops otherwise.

I'm waiting for Paypal to deposit the refund in my account (looks like Cannedrabbit snatched all the money out and/or closed their account) but should have it in the next 7 days.

At this point, for me, I'll be leaving negative feedback and linking to this BTR, though I imagine after something as blatant as this Cannedrabbit won't be a member for much longer.

As an addendum: After checking my Paypal refund transaction (in processing) it said the refund was paid by Gaming Grounds, but when I clicked the link I was sent here:

http://www.gamingxgrounds.com/

Some kind of Japanese diet pills or something. That is their Instagram account and wordpress ID though, so maybe their site wasn't renewed and taken over by a Japanese company.

The email it gave was:

groundsgames@gmail.com

Which is different from the email that I had paid initially.
Sinjin ( 182 )
BTown Regular

Post by Sinjin »

I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you know that the account is already closed, you are very unlikely to get any money back. I'm fairly certain that PayPal only gives you money once they recover it from the guilty party. In otherwords, PayPal themselves don't give you your money back, they simply try to recover it from the PayPal account at the other end of the dispute, and when they do they send it back to you. If that account is already drained/closed, there is nothing for them to recover and you are still out the money. Scammers know this, which is why I ALWAYS say lowest rating ships first, even in a sale.
Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

If you check the PayPal buyer protection guarantee, they have to provide a refund. The only way they wouldn't be able to get the money back is if the bank account tied to the PayPal account is closed, but then if there are any form of payment options (credit cards...) linked to the account they can charge that.

I'm pretty sure that I'm covered. I just need to wait for them to try to get the money back first.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

If PayPal has a problem getting the money from him, they might TELL you that the refund will be processed after they retrieve the funds. They have used that tactic a lot in the past.
If you press it, though, and demand the refund, they will almost always give it to you.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”