BTR - Jaguire

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

PaladinCache ( 14 )
New Trader

BTR - Jaguire

Post by PaladinCache »

Although until recently this user and I both had 0 feedback, I have a feeling that he might have tried this with accounts that he had closed, and had either failed or been successful in this same pursuit with said accounts before he was removed (I don't know this for sure, but the entire exchange was one red flag after another along these lines.)

I apologize for any confusion this might cause, as I am unused to forum posting.

NOTE: The emails are in reverse chronological order, and there isn't anything I think I can do about that.

Here's what happened:
Jaguire wrote:I would be very interested in the LoE force you have. I have the following.

Blood Angels:
6 Terminators
5 Sanguine gaurd
4 Captains
24 Assault marines
34 Tactical marines
Aegis with fw auto cannon
2 Baal predators

Eldar: A lot of this is painted to a high quality
1 Fire prism
1 wave serpent
2 War walkers
2 Wraithlords
1 Avatar
FW Avatar
12 Fire dragons
6 Striking scorpions
5 Harlequins
1 Prince
9 Howling Banshee
10 warp spiders
multiple farseers and warlocks
10 swooping hawks
20 dire avengers
10 guardians

Subject: H: Legion of Everblight, Khador (Privateer Press) W: Eldar
PaladinCache wrote:I have some miniatures, all NiB, from a family business that didn't make it. Rather than attempt to sell them (as we've been trying to do over the last few years) I want to look into bartering them to start up an Eldar army that I can either alongside my Blood Angels or as a standalone force.

What I have

Legion of Everblight

1x Bayal, Hound of Everblight
1x Stingers (two in blister)
1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Abyslonia, Terror of Everblight
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x Strider Officer and Musician
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Bethayne, Voice of Everblight & Belphagor
1x box Grotesques

Khador

1x Iron Fang Uhlan
1x Kovnik Markov
1x Winter Guard Rocketeer
1x Kovnik Josef Grigorovich
1x blister Assault Kommandos
1x blister Winter Guard

All models listed above are from 2010. The price tags from the store are still attached to the blisters/boxes. Some of the boxes definitely show wear from my family moving a lot over the years, but as far as I know they've never been opened.

What I want

Since I just need to fill out my army, I'm open to all offers of reasonable matching. There are a couple of miniatures that I'm really interested in, and if we could work something out with those, I would be appreciative. I am fully prepared to go through all the steps of shipping out these items.

Eldar Wraithknight
Eldar Hemlock Wraithfighter
Eldar Dire Avengers
So I opened up a dialogue with him, and this follows the sequence of events that transpired since then.
PaladinCache wrote:That's a lot to choose from. I'll give you a proposal but if it sounds unreasonable please tell me and I'll work with you as best I can.

If I were to give you the entire LoE force that I have (unpainted and unassembled because NiB, I don't want any breakdown in communication to happen), I would probably like the Assault Marines (or whatever you deem is okay to trade me of those), and one Baal Predator.

Of the Eldar, I'd like the Wave Serpent, both War Walker, a Wraithlord, an Avatar, the Fire Dragons, a Prince, the Warp Spiders, a Warlock, the Striking Scorpions and Howling Banshees and 15 Dire Avengers, or whatever you think is fair to trade in addition to what I have proposed. If I could have all of them, that'd be great, but since this is my first time doing this I want to know what's fair. Again, I'm open to any offer.
I would be very interested in the LoE force you have. I have the following.

Blood Angels:
6 Terminators
5 Sanguine gaurd
4 Captains
24 Assault marines
34 Tactical marines
2 Baal predators

1 Fire prism
1 wave serpent
2 War walkers
2 Wraithlords
1 Avatar
FW Avatar
12 Fire dragons
6 Striking scorpions
5 Harlequins
1 Prince
9 Howling Banshee
10 warp spiders
10 swooping hawks
20 dire avengers
10 guardians

PaladinCache wrote:
I have some miniatures, all NiB, from a family business that didn't make it. Rather than attempt to sell them (as we've been trying to do over the last few years) I want to look into bartering them to start up an Eldar army that I can either alongside my Blood Angels or as a standalone force.

What I have

Legion of Everblight

1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques

Khador

1x Iron Fang Uhlan
1x Kovnik Markov
1x blister Winter Guard

All models listed above are from 2010. The price tags from the store are still attached to the blisters/boxes. Some of the boxes definitely show wear from my family moving a lot over the years, but as far as I know they've never been opened.

What I want

Since I just need to fill out my army, I'm open to all offers of reasonable matching. There are a couple of miniatures that I'm really interested in, and if we could work something out with those, I would be appreciative. I am fully prepared to go through all the steps of shipping out these items.

Eldar Wraithknight
Eldar Dire Avengers
Jaguire wrote:Okay how about this?

Wave Serpent
1 War Walker
1 Wraithlord
1 Avatar
5 Fire Dragons
1 Prince
5 Warp Spiders
1 Warlock
6 Striking Scorpions
9 Howling Banshees
10 Dire Avengers
Baal Pred
5 assault marines

For:
1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques
PaladinCache wrote:If possible I'd like to go up to 6 Fire Dragons, 12 Dire Avengers, and 10 assault marines. That's my proposal. Also, what color scheme have you painted your War Walker, Wraithlord, and Wave Serpent? Did you follow a Craftworld pattern? However they're painted will have no effect on this trade, but I'm just wondering.
Wave Serpent
1 War Walker
1 Wraithlord
1 Avatar
5 Fire Dragons
1 Prince
5 Warp Spiders
1 Warlock
6 Striking Scorpions
9 Howling Banshees
10 Dire Avengers
Baal Pred
5 assault marines

For:
1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques
Jaguire wrote:Okay how about this?

Wave Serpent
1 War Walker
1 Wraithlord
1 Avatar
5 Fire Dragons
1 Prince
5 Warp Spiders
1 Warlock
6 Striking Scorpions
9 Howling Banshees
10 Dire Avengers
Baal Pred
5 assault marines

For:
1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques
Jaguire wrote:I can go up to 6 fire dragons and 10 assault marines. I would like to stay at 10 dire avengers so that leaves me with 10 still, others wise I'm left with 8 which doesn't make a full squad. If you are good with this then I would call this a deal.

The wave sperent is primed, the war walker and wraithlord is custom scheme, I can send you a pic if you send me your email.
PaladinCache wrote:My email is paladincache@gmail.com

Sounds like a good deal, I accept that. In case you're interested in more armies from Warmachine/Hordes, I have some more pieces that are NiB that vary across armies.

Jaguire wrote:I would love to take a look at a full list if you can send me one. If there is anything else we can work in more stuff on top of what we already have.

Then, it moved into emails. This is in reverse chronological order, but the email client that I use just sorts them that way.

On Jul 7, 2015 1:16 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:

Looks great! Let's use email from now on.

I'll package up the LoE and send them as soon as possible via USPS, or did you want to send yours first considering I believe we both have ratings of 0.
I looked through the box again, and I found some of what you're looking for.

Keep in mind, this stuff is old, from 2010, so the more modern miniatures aren't there (battle engines,
Minions:

Lord Carver, BMMD, Esq. III
Razorback Crew
Calaban, the Grave Walker

Cryx

Pirate Queen Skarr
Pistol Wraith
Bonejack Wreck Marker
Lich Lord Venethrax
Bane Knights (2 - blister)

Mercenaries
On 7/7/2015 11:42 AM, Justin S wrote:
>
> Yeah my shipping address is:
> Justin Shafer
> 2051 W. Lindsey st. Apt C
> Norman, Ok 73069
>
> Mainly, convergence of cyriss, cryx, minions(gators, boars, whatever), mercenaries, any large models colossals/battle engines.
> On Jul 7, 2015 1:26 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a few Khador and Cygnar in addition to some Mercenaries I think but I'll have to look through everything again.
>
> I have a fair amount of Circle Orboros, I know I have at least two boxes and a few small blisters. I have some other ones too but most of those are from Malifaux and those from Privateer Press and the remaining armies aren't that many.
>
> I'll put together a list of what I have remaining. I need a little time to sort through everything, so tell me what army specifically you're interested in and I'll see if I have anything that strikes your fancy.
>
> Where are you located, and if possible may I have your address soon? I need to figure out shipping costs, all the miniatures I have set aside for you are at least going to need a medium box.
>
> On 7/7/2015 11:18 AM, Justin S wrote:
>>
>> We can just send at the same time. I'll pack the stuff up and send out in the next couple days when I can get to the post office. Did you have a list of the other warmachine stuff you have? I might be interested in more.
>> On Jul 7, 2015 1:16 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Looks great! Let's use email from now on.
>>
>> I'll package up the LoE and send them as soon as possible via USPS, or did you want to send yours first considering I believe we both have ratings of 0.
>
Ok now worries. I'm really looking for any singles anyways. Only looking for starter boxes.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Brenden Barth <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:

Singles mostly, I have models from a lot of the forces because they were never really top sellers at my store. We should probably handle those after we ship out what we have assembled first.

On 7/7/2015 6:39 PM, Justin S wrote:
> Sorry I also wanted to know the malifaux you have but forgot to ask. Are they singles or force boxes?
>
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 8:37 PM, Justin S <wanchangify@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Okay I usually ship priority mail as well so that works. I've got it packed up and will try and make the post office Thursday. My hours don't always line up right.
>
> I would also be interested in the following:
>
> Pirate Queen Skarr
>
> Lich Lord Venethrax
>
> Lord Carver, BMMD, Esq. III
>
> Razorback Crew
>
> Calaban, the Grave Walker
>
> Totem Hunter
>
>
> I could throw in the other wraithlord and war walker. Does that sound good? If so we can just include it in so we only have to ship once.
>
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Brenden Barth <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I will be shipping out the Legion of Everblight miniatures tomorrow afternoon either via Priority Mail or standard postage.
>
>
>
They have been mailed. Sorry out of touch. Camping the weekend for my birthday.
On Jul 11, 2015 12:36 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:

Regardless of whether or not you have shipped the miniatures, please send me an email.

On July 10th at 5:02 PM, I wrote the following quote:
I shipped yesterday. O
On 7/10/2015 12:39 PM, Justin S wrote:
>
> Hey did you ship yesterday? I got caught up and didn't make it in time but I'm shooting for today.

> On Jul 8, 2015 7:40 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, I'll ship them out sometime tomorrow.
>
> On 7/8/2015 5:32 PM, Justin S wrote:
>>
>> Yeah I can do that.
>> On Jul 8, 2015 7:29 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Then how about just a single warp spider and some bases? Could you do that?
>>
>> On 7/8/2015 5:28 PM, Justin S wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah I can't do the fw avatar. I'm trying to sell him. I've painted him up to a high standard. The model alone is $90 so that and the paint job I'm looking to get about $120 for it. If you are interested in buying at all then I can send you some pics. I'm pretty proud of it. Lol
>>> On Jul 8, 2015 6:55 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I know this will sound strange, but if you can't find any Phoenix Lords then maybe you could throw in some small and medium bases (I'm short on them) and one more Warp Spider. Optimally I'd want the FW Avatar instead of all that but it's Forge World so obviously rarity is a factor.
>>>
>>> On 7/8/2015 4:49 PM, Justin S wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Yeah I want it. I am not sure if I have any. I might though if so I'll throw it in there.
>>>> On Jul 8, 2015 6:30 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> I found a Gun Boar, I assume you want that and if you do, I'll add that.
>>>>
>>>> If you have any of the Phoenix Lords, could we discuss trading the Gun Boar for one?
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
If you can send me a list and some pictures of the stuff I might be interested in some of that stuff.
On Jul 15, 2015 11:45 AM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:

I have some singles and maybe a force box or two, and I also found another box of store inventory that contains spray primer, an NIB hobby knife, a Khador box and blister, and some Warhammer Fantasy template markers and tokens that I believe are limited edition though I don't remember right now, in addition to some markers, bases, decorations, and a package of a single GW superglue in the box that I took the original order from.

On 7/15/2015 9:36 AM, Justin S wrote:
>
> Okay cool, weird it went the wrong way. So what was up with the malifaux?
> On Jul 15, 2015 11:28 AM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Wrong number, here's the right one:
>
> 9505 5213 7621 5190 0001 64
>
>
>
> On 7/15/2015 9:26 AM, Justin S wrote:
>>
>> I will look for the tracking slip when I get home tonight. Can you give me your tracking number? You never sent it. I would like to see where the tracking says your package is.
>> On Jul 15, 2015 11:19 AM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Justin, I sent out your package on the 9th but there was a mistake in shipping. The USPS figures it was put in the wrong box and was went to Honolulu where it apparently either a) Hasn't been labelled yet and is still there or b (the one that I think is correct)) It was sent out on the 13th and has not arrived to your house yet for unknown reasons. I plan on calling the Honolulu main office later and ask why this happened. Please send me a message replying to this along with a tracking number for the package you sent out, and also if you sent it out via Priority Mail.
>>
>> This is very important that I complete this deal as I have been waiting a long time for the miniatures and if you sent them out via Priority Mail, they have not arrived yet even though they should have. I am getting very nervous about this and about the potential fact that you somehow never sent them (by mistake, maybe you sent them to the wrong address) as this is my first trade with this service, though I would think that you're a man of high moral caliber. I'm just taking precautions. Again, I need that tracking number, or if you can't provide it, could you at least send me some proof that you actually sent the package?
>>
>

This is where I got a little antsy, as I had sent my package on the 9th, and he had sent me an indication that he had shipped on the 11th - two days after we agreed to ship mutually, and he never had provided me a packing slip with a tracking number.

Look at the first line of the next quote - an indication that he had received his item in great shape. Something that, regrettably, would not be the same with mine.
No problem. Yes it should up and everything was as described.
On Jul 17, 2015 12:50 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, and I apologize about my rude message yesterday. I'm a naturally nervous person and this being my first deal on Bartertown, I'm a bit uptight about how things work. So thank you again about how you're handling my impatience and anger. But, on a different topic, you got your package, right?

On 7/17/2015 10:46 AM, Justin S wrote:
>
> I have no clue. It was on my doorstep when I got home. I've got it in a new box already and will address it when I get back home. I will try to get it out today and if not I will get it out in the morning. I was home till about 30 minutes ago. Yes it will be priority and I will get you tracking and as soon as you have it. When I address the box I will send you a pic and I won't mail till you okay it so no mistakes this time.
> On Jul 17, 2015 12:38 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That's strange. Try this address instead:
>
> Brenden Barth
> 636 Reithe Avenue
> Calabasas, CA 91302
>
> That's my home address, rather than the business where my family works. Out of curiosity, what was the reason why the package was undeliverable? Also, will you be sending it out Priority Mail? I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but if you'd be able to send me the packing slip #, I'd appreciate it.
>
> On 7/17/2015 7:13 AM, Justin S wrote:
>> Okay so the package I sent you came back to me as undeliverable. Please send me your address again and I am going to pack it again. I will send you a picture of the box when I get it packed to confirm it looks good to you, then I will take it and mail it too you again.
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Justin S <wanchangify@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not dodging you nor have I scammed you. I do not have email access all day. I will message more later tonight.
>> On Jul 16, 2015 4:16 PM, "Brenden Barth" <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> As you have not sent any indication that you know of a shipping label at your house, nor have you indicated what day you sent the miniatures out, I am under the impression that you have screwed me over and scammed me out of several hundred dollars' worth of miniatures.
>>
>> I put my faith in you and you betrayed me, and now my motivation to work on that website again is very low. If you have not used me as a scam, please say so in your reply; if you never intend to send me the Eldar, please tell me so that I will set the matter to rest.
>>
>> I will not take any legal action (though I well should) but I assure you that you will be unable to post on the website using that name, and that I will try my hardest to make sure that you will never EVER get to post on that website ever again.
>>
>> My package should have reached you; If you know the shipping label number of the one you sent (if you did), tell me. Provide some proof that you sent the miniatures like you promised. Again, please tell me if you never sent anything. I am under large amounts of stress and I would like to rest the matter.
>>
>> I will send another message in an hour with the same content.
>>
>>
>
It began to get weary as I neared my patience's end.
I trusted you and you obviously do not value a business transaction for what it is. You must not take this very seriously, but I do, and now I am firmly convinced that this was all a plan to subvert and take advantage of my kindness. I will cease sending you emails if your intent was to fool me, and if it was, then you did me a favor, although that doesn't mean I like it any more than I did even if you did deliver on your promise, which it looks like you won't.

I only hope that someday, Justin, you will know that karma exists, and if you find yourself in a bad situation that requires honesty to get out of, you're probably not coming out of it the way you went into it.

Tell me if this was a plan to take advantage of me, or take action and deliver on your promise.

On 7/17/2015 10:03 PM, Brenden Barth wrote:
> Please send me the picture if you have wrapped it up, and if you have not, please do so and then send me the picture. I am getting very worried that you are prolonging this intentionally.
I just got back home a bit ago and I'm going to pack the box here in a few. I'll send a picture and just confirm it looks good and I will ship in the morning.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Brenden Barth <paladincache@gmail.com> wrote:

Did everything go as planned?

He packaged up the miniatures and sent them Priority 2-day like he said he would, and the mail arrived two days after he shipped it.

When I opened it, I was dismayed to see that the "assault marines" didn't have jump packs, and many of them barely were equipped for close combat (about four of them had close combat weapons). He did not tell me the fact that many of them were still on the sprue.

This is the important part: Over half of the close combat eldar models were missing their close combat weapons, and some of the other models were just broken such as the War Walker, which has no way of being repaired as crucial sections of one of the legs is missing. The Dire Avengers were also nowhere to be seen, leaving me with a very distasteful feeling in my mouth.

I left him negative feedback to this effect, only to get a wrongfully written one back. I was being assertive and appropriate in my demands for progress (albeit maybe a bit too strongly) and as a parting shot, to pass salt over the wounds he leaves me negative feedback and to date, it's the only one present.

I don't want someone else to be scammed - do not trust Jaguire.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: BTR - Jaguire

Post by MagickalMemories »

To fix reverse chronological order, you'd cut & paste them in chronological order.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
PaladinCache ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by PaladinCache »

I feel like an idiot but I don't know where the button to edit one's post is. Once I find it I'll put it in the (as well as I can) correct order.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

You can't edit posts on this forum. Just copy/paste in chronological order and post it as a reply.
PaladinCache ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by PaladinCache »

In the correct order...

I'll package up the LoE and send them as soon as possible via USPS, or did you want to send yours first considering I believe we both have ratings of 0.
>>
>> We can just send at the same time. I'll pack the stuff up and send out in the next couple days when I can get to the post office. Did you have a list of the other warmachine stuff you have? I might be interested in more.
>
> Justin Shafer
> Norman, Ok 73069
>
> Mainly, convergence of cyriss, cryx, minions(gators, boars, whatever), mercenaries, any large models colossals/battle engines.

Keep in mind, this stuff is old, from 2010, so the more modern miniatures aren't there (battle engines,
Minions:

Razorback Crew

Cryx

Pirate Queen Skarr
Pistol Wraith
Bonejack Wreck Marker
Lich Lord Venethrax

Mercenaries
>
> I have a few Khador and Cygnar in addition to some Mercenaries I think but I'll have to look through everything again.
>
> I have a fair amount of Circle Orboros, I know I have at least two boxes and a few small blisters. I have some other ones too but most of those are from Malifaux and those from Privateer Press and the remaining armies aren't that many.
>
> I'll put together a list of what I have remaining. I need a little time to sort through everything, so tell me what army specifically you're interested in and I'll see if I have anything that strikes your fancy.
>
> Where are you located, and if possible may I have your address soon? I need to figure out shipping costs, all the miniatures I have set aside for you are at least going to need a medium box.
> Sorry I also wanted to know the malifaux you have but forgot to ask. Are they singles or force boxes?

Singles mostly, I have models from a lot of the forces because they were never really top sellers at my store. We should probably handle those after we ship out what we have assembled first.
Ok now worries. I'm really looking for any singles anyways. Only looking for starter boxes.
>
> Okay I usually ship priority mail as well so that works. I've got it packed up and will try and make the post office Thursday. My hours don't always line up right.
>
>
> Pirate Queen Skarr
>
> Lich Lord Venethrax
>
>
> Razorback Crew
>
>
> Totem Hunter
>
>
> I could throw in the other wraithlord and war walker. Does that sound good? If so we can just include it in so we only have to ship once.
>
>
> I will be shipping out the Legion of Everblight miniatures tomorrow afternoon either via Priority Mail or standard postage.
>
>
>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> If you have any of the Phoenix Lords, could we discuss trading the Gun Boar for one?
>>>>
>>>> Yeah I want it. I am not sure if I have any. I might though if so I'll throw it in there.
>>>
>>> I know this will sound strange, but if you can't find any Phoenix Lords then maybe you could throw in some small and medium bases (I'm short on them) and one more Warp Spider. Optimally I'd want the FW Avatar instead of all that but it's Forge World so obviously rarity is a factor.
>>>
>>>
>>> Yeah I can't do the fw avatar. I'm trying to sell him. I've painted him up to a high standard. The model alone is $90 so that and the paint job I'm looking to get about $120 for it. If you are interested in buying at all then I can send you some pics. I'm pretty proud of it. Lol
>>
>>
>>
>> Yeah I can do that.
>
>
> Hey did you ship yesterday? I got caught up and didn't make it in time but I'm shooting for today.
On July 10th at 5:20 pm my time, I told him I'd shipped my end. Then, because I was worried...

Regardless of whether or not you have shipped the miniatures, please send me an email.
Soon thereafter, I got this reply on July 11th at 10:57 am.
I then mentioned I had some additional items he may have been interested in.
If you can send me a list and some pictures of the stuff I might be interested in some of that stuff.
>>
>> I will look for the tracking slip when I get home tonight. Can you give me your tracking number? You never sent it. I would like to see where the tracking says your package is.
>>
>> Hi Justin, I sent out your package on the 9th but there was a mistake in shipping. The USPS figures it was put in the wrong box and was went to Honolulu where it apparently either a) Hasn't been labelled yet and is still there or b (the one that I think is correct)) It was sent out on the 13th and has not arrived to your house yet for unknown reasons. I plan on calling the Honolulu main office later and ask why this happened. Please send me a message replying to this along with a tracking number for the package you sent out, and also if you sent it out via Priority Mail.
>>
>> This is very important that I complete this deal as I have been waiting a long time for the miniatures and if you sent them out via Priority Mail, they have not arrived yet even though they should have. I am getting very nervous about this and about the potential fact that you somehow never sent them (by mistake, maybe you sent them to the wrong address) as this is my first trade with this service, though I would think that you're a man of high moral caliber. I'm just taking precautions. Again, I need that tracking number, or if you can't provide it, could you at least send me some proof that you actually sent the package?
>>
>

I have some singles and maybe a force box or two, and I also found another box of store inventory that contains spray primer, an NIB hobby knife, a Khador box and blister, and some Warhammer Fantasy template markers and tokens that I believe are limited edition though I don't remember right now, in addition to some markers, bases, decorations, and a package of a single GW superglue in the box that I took the original order from.
>
>
It began to get weary as I neared my patience's end. I admittedly started to become a little abusive, as was said in his feedback about me that anyone can see, but it wasn't throughout the entire trade like he claims it was. I'd only gotten to this point because he never really seemed to have a plan when he would ship, and I was fearing if he was ever going to ship period.
I trusted you and you obviously do not value a business transaction for what it is. You must not take this very seriously, but I do, and now I am firmly convinced that this was all a plan to subvert and take advantage of my kindness. I will cease sending you emails if your intent was to fool me, and if it was, then you did me a favor, although that doesn't mean I like it any more than I did even if you did deliver on your promise, which it looks like you won't.

I only hope that someday, Justin, you will know that karma exists, and if you find yourself in a bad situation that requires honesty to get out of, you're probably not coming out of it the way you went into it.

Tell me if this was a plan to take advantage of me, or take action and deliver on your promise.
Then, I got very desperate, and I think that I did show some degree of immaturity as the trade went on; again, not for the entire trade as he claims.
> Please send me the picture if you have wrapped it up, and if you have not, please do so and then send me the picture. I am getting very worried that you are prolonging this intentionally.
I just got back home a bit ago and I'm going to pack the box here in a few. I'll send a picture and just confirm it looks good and I will ship in the morning.

He then sent me a picture of the tracking number, which ended our communications.

Yes, I got a little abusive, but it doesn't change the fact that, in the end, I got less than what I was promised, and in terrible shape. It was packaged carelessly and obviously at that point it was evident that either a) he did it intentionally in revenge (how could almost every Striking Scorpions' and Howling Banshees' melee weapons be snapped off?) or b) just wanted to be done with the entire thing as both of us didn't want anything more to do with one another.

I left proper and concise bad reference for him rightfully, as I ought to have done for not receiving what I was promised, but I do not think that his bad reference for me was fair. I did come off as being high-and-mighty, but never once did I call him names or use caps. Use this post to evaluate your future dealings with him.
Ollieb ( 86 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ollieb »

Did he reply to your message about the condition of,the minis he sent you? Also just for,the record could you some pics of the models showing incorrect packs and breakage?
PaladinCache ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by PaladinCache »

Ollieb wrote:Did he reply to your message about the condition of,the minis he sent you? Also just for,the record could you some pics of the models showing incorrect packs and breakage?
I never sent a message to him. The miniatures are broken in such a way that most of them can be fixed (weapons snapped off but they were still present so I can re-glue them) but the point is that I just didn't want to message him anymore and prolong our transaction because it was already getting to the point where neither of us could stand the other for very long.

I'll attach the pictures. The parts in the plastic bag were loose, so I put them in the bag you see in the picture.
20150722_182649 (1).jpg
20150722_182634 (1).jpg
20150722_182704 (1).jpg
20150722_182717 (1).jpg
Before leaving negative feedback, so says the forum rules, the traders must try to work things out between them. However, I didn't want to deal with any more headaches from Jaguire, and he me. I left this feedback because I felt that I had to. I wasn't abusive (although when I look at our exchange again, I wasn't abusive so much as dramatic) and his feedback for me is wrongfully left... he left out miniatures likely by mistake, but given the fact that nearly all of the close combat miniatures' weapons were snapped off, he might have done it intentionally. That said, you're right, I should have pursued a resolution before this happened as negative feedback is hugely damaging in this website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Was there communication history prior to 7/7? This reads as if there was.
Per posting rules, the entire communication string should be posted.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
PaladinCache ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by PaladinCache »

The only prior communication I had with the trader was by his responding to my post first. I believe it's already been deleted due to post age, having looked for it. Could you tell me where you see this loss of communication? If there is one, I'll add it in with the date. Aside from the forum post on the 7th, there is no additional communication.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

PaladinCache wrote:The only prior communication I had with the trader was by his responding to my post first. I believe it's already been deleted due to post age, having looked for it. Could you tell me where you see this loss of communication? If there is one, I'll add it in with the date. Aside from the forum post on the 7th, there is no additional communication.
Okay. So, there was no PM communication? He replied to your ad in your ad, and you went immediately to email from there?
If that's the case, you're fine. It's unfortunate that the communication dropped off of the site, but you're fine, then.

Thanks for clarifying.

Eric

PaladinCache ( 14 )
New Trader

Post by PaladinCache »

I had already posted everything that happened in our communication prior to and after the exchange. Although they're not in the correct order, the first post has everything you need to know.

That said, I'll post the entire exchange once again in the order it's meant to be in. I apologize for the confusion. When the side arrows start showing up in the post is where the emails started. Before that, they were in PMs, although not much communication happened between us as most of it was in emails.

These are arranged in least to most recent.
Jaguire wrote:

Blood Angels:
6 Terminators
5 Sanguine gaurd
4 Captains
24 Assault marines
34 Tactical marines
2 Baal predators

1 Fire prism
1 wave serpent
2 War walkers
2 Wraithlords
1 Avatar
FW Avatar
12 Fire dragons
6 Striking scorpions
5 Harlequins
1 Prince
9 Howling Banshee
10 warp spiders
10 swooping hawks
20 dire avengers
10 guardians

PaladinCache wrote:
I have some miniatures, all NiB, from a family business that didn't make it. Rather than attempt to sell them (as we've been trying to do over the last few years) I want to look into bartering them to start up an Eldar army that I can either alongside my Blood Angels or as a standalone force.

What I have

Legion of Everblight

1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques

Khador

1x Iron Fang Uhlan
1x Kovnik Markov
1x blister Winter Guard

What I want

Eldar Wraithknight
Eldar Dire Avengers

So I opened up a dialogue with him, and this follows the sequence of events that transpired since then.

PaladinCache wrote:
That's a lot to choose from. I'll give you a proposal but if it sounds unreasonable please tell me and I'll work with you as best I can.

If I were to give you the entire LoE force that I have (unpainted and unassembled because NiB, I don't want any breakdown in communication to happen), I would probably like the Assault Marines (or whatever you deem is okay to trade me of those), and one Baal Predator.

Of the Eldar, I'd like the Wave Serpent, both War Walker, a Wraithlord, an Avatar, the Fire Dragons, a Prince, the Warp Spiders, a Warlock, the Striking Scorpions and Howling Banshees and 15 Dire Avengers, or whatever you think is fair to trade in addition to what I have proposed. If I could have all of them, that'd be great, but since this is my first time doing this I want to know what's fair. Again, I'm open to any offer.

Blood Angels:
6 Terminators
5 Sanguine gaurd
4 Captains
24 Assault marines
34 Tactical marines
2 Baal predators

1 Fire prism
1 wave serpent
2 War walkers
2 Wraithlords
1 Avatar
FW Avatar
12 Fire dragons
6 Striking scorpions
5 Harlequins
1 Prince
9 Howling Banshee
10 warp spiders
10 swooping hawks
20 dire avengers
10 guardians

PaladinCache wrote:

What I have

Legion of Everblight

1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques

Khador

1x Iron Fang Uhlan
1x Kovnik Markov
1x blister Winter Guard

What I want

Eldar Wraithknight
Eldar Dire Avengers

Jaguire wrote:
Okay how about this?

Wave Serpent
1 War Walker
1 Wraithlord
1 Avatar
5 Fire Dragons
1 Prince
5 Warp Spiders
1 Warlock
6 Striking Scorpions
9 Howling Banshees
10 Dire Avengers
Baal Pred
5 assault marines

For:
1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques

PaladinCache wrote:
If possible I'd like to go up to 6 Fire Dragons, 12 Dire Avengers, and 10 assault marines. That's my proposal. Also, what color scheme have you painted your War Walker, Wraithlord, and Wave Serpent? Did you follow a Craftworld pattern? However they're painted will have no effect on this trade, but I'm just wondering.

Wave Serpent
1 War Walker
1 Wraithlord
1 Avatar
5 Fire Dragons
1 Prince
5 Warp Spiders
1 Warlock
6 Striking Scorpions
9 Howling Banshees
10 Dire Avengers
Baal Pred
5 assault marines

For:
1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques
Jaguire wrote:
Okay how about this?

Wave Serpent
1 War Walker
1 Wraithlord
1 Avatar
5 Fire Dragons
1 Prince
5 Warp Spiders
1 Warlock
6 Striking Scorpions
9 Howling Banshees
10 Dire Avengers
Baal Pred
5 assault marines

For:
1x Seraphim
1x box of Incubi
1x Raek
1x Annyssa Ryvaal
1x Nephilim Soldier
1x box Striders
1x Nephilim Bolt Thrower
1x Scythean
1x box Typhon
1x Spell Martyrs
1x box of Hex Hunters
1x Blackfrost Shard
1x box Grotesques

Jaguire wrote:
I can go up to 6 fire dragons and 10 assault marines. I would like to stay at 10 dire avengers so that leaves me with 10 still, others wise I'm left with 8 which doesn't make a full squad. If you are good with this then I would call this a deal.

The wave sperent is primed, the war walker and wraithlord is custom scheme, I can send you a pic if you send me your email.

PaladinCache wrote:
My email is paladincache@gmail.com

Sounds like a good deal, I accept that. In case you're interested in more armies from Warmachine/Hordes, I have some more pieces that are NiB that vary across armies.

Jaguire wrote:
I would love to take a look at a full list if you can send me one. If there is anything else we can work in more stuff on top of what we already have.

Then, it moved into emails. This is in reverse chronological order, but the email client that I use just sorts them that way.

Minions:

Razorback Crew

Cryx

Pirate Queen Skarr
Pistol Wraith
Bonejack Wreck Marker
Lich Lord Venethrax

Mercenaries
Emails start here
>>

>
> Justin Shafer
> Norman, Ok 73069
>

Minions:

Razorback Crew

Cryx

Pirate Queen Skarr
Pistol Wraith
Bonejack Wreck Marker
Lich Lord Venethrax

Mercenaries

>
>
>
>

>
>
>
> Pirate Queen Skarr
>
> Lich Lord Venethrax
>
>
> Razorback Crew
>
>
> Totem Hunter
>
>
>

>
>
>
>

>>>>
>>>>

>>>>

>>>
>>>

>>>

>>
>>

>>
>> Yeah I can do that.

>

>

On July 10th at 5:20 pm my time, I told him I'd shipped my end. Then, because I was worried...

Soon thereafter, I got this reply on July 11th at 10:57 am.

I then mentioned I had some additional items he may have been interested in.

>>

>>
>>
>>

>

>
>

It began to get weary as I neared my patience's end. I admittedly started to become a little abusive, as was said in his feedback about me that anyone can see, but it wasn't throughout the entire trade like he claims it was. I'd only gotten to this point because he never really seemed to have a plan when he would ship, and I was fearing if he was ever going to ship period.

Then, I got very desperate, and I think that I did show some degree of immaturity as the trade went on; again, not for the entire trade as he claims.

I hope this clears everything up. Again, I'm new to forum posting, so your patience is appreciated.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”