Bad Trader - Jason Scheiber (jmsguitars)

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

cypherl ( 16 )
Trade Novice

Bad Trader - Jason Scheiber (jmsguitars)

Post by cypherl »

I. Introduction

I traded with Jason Scheiber, aka jmsguitars, in early November. He shipped with very poor packaging and consequently many models broke. Furthermore, 2 models which were agreed to be present were not present. I had sent mine off beforehand. I was cheated of the 2 models which were not included, and the condition in which the models were when delivered was atrocious.

II: Proof

Now I can't very well provide picture evidence as he might claim that I am simply not taking a picture of the missing models, or that I broke the models and then photographed them, so here is the PM thread starting with most recent post at the top:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:37 pm
by cypherl

I was really hoping to get the Hive Guard conversions. If you can't find them, can you think of a means with which to recompense me?
Thanks.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:59 pm
by cypherl

I have looked and looked and the Hive Guard conversions are not present, Can you look to see if you forgot to include them? Thanks for your time.
Sent: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:26 pm
by cypherl

They are not present. I have to say I am disappointed in the packaging too, a lot of the models broke.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:20 pm
by jmsguitars

the tyrant guard are the metal guys with the shield arm, lashwhip and claw. they are the older ones. the hive guard conversions are in there, they are the tyranid warrior bodied guys.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:57 pm
by cypherl

The 2x Hive Guard conversions were not in the box, and are the Tyrant Guard among the unassembled metal bits?
Sent: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:35 pm
by cypherl

Just sent them off. Again, sorry for the delay, and I swear I didn't just wait for your package to arrive! It is the flat rate shipping and should arrive on Monday. Your tracking number is 9114901159815053105875.
Thanks,
James
Sent: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:41 pm
by cypherl

Got it all packaged. Will ship tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.
Sent: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:51 pm
by jmsguitars

hey, just wondering if you sent out the tau.
Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 pm
by cypherl

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'm ready to send tomorrow, just had to get tape. Will send tracking number.
Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:30 pm
by jmsguitars

i just found some more bits, i will pack them in a normal envelop and send them out as well. they are just the rippers, but still.
Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:57 pm
by jmsguitars

Ok tracking number is~

Sent: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:02 am
by jmsguitars

i will see about borrowing from my brother to send off first thing in the morning. otherwise it will be friday morning.
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:13 pm
by cypherl

Haha, ok thanks. I plan on going tomorrow or Friday; I'll keep you 'posted'.
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:11 pm
by jmsguitars

thats fine, i replied to you on there.
if you use a flat rate box, it is included, and otherwise i think it is less than a dollar.
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 pm
by cypherl

Ok, then. Please, as a note of trustworthiness, respond to the email left at your dakkadakka inbox, AlphariusOmegon. I'm sorry, and this is pretty silly, but I just wanted to double check because it seems your pictures are coming from two different sources. I will weigh everything up tomorrow and hopefully have it shipped by then. In order to get a tracking number, does that require an additional purchase at the post office, and if so how much is it? I wasn't aware of that and was just going to do standard shipping.
Thanks,
James
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:31 pm
by jmsguitars

i am in the US.
my address is
(he listed his address here)

i will use tracking so you know where it is, and when it will be delivered
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 pm
by cypherl

Ya, are you in the US? What's your address.
(I my adress listed here)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:21 pm
by jmsguitars

does that work for you?
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:08 pm
by cypherl

Ok, so if I understand correctly, you wish to offer all of that for what I mentioned in the previous post? How shall we trade? Shall we each package and ship by the end of the week and cover our own shipping charges?
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:00 pm
by jmsguitars

all together, it is
3 tyrants(2 most recent metal ones, one previous metal one)
2 Carnefexes, (one plastic, one old metal one[Old one eye style body]),
Old One Eye,
25 hormagaunts,
20 termagaunts,
24 genestealers
3 Zoanthropes,
2 hive guard conversions
3 tyrant guard
lots of ripper swarms,
Seraphicus (limited edition figure from DV)
FW Titan Techpriest
plus all of the bits i have for them, which is a pretty decent amount.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:47 pm
by cypherl

Ya, you might have to get bitz then. So what exactly did you want to offer for 2x battlesuits, 12x firewarriors w/ rifles, 19x kroot warriors(just counted how many there are, so it'll make one full squad with the shaper), 1x kroot shaper, 4x pathfinders, 3 w/ rail rifles? (there are 4 extra kroot warriors which need gluing; one came off his base and the others need to have their guns reglued).

Thank you for your service.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:38 pm
by jmsguitars

do you have the bits for the suits? if not, that is not a problem. i can order them from hoard o bits. i can have th enids shipped out friday, as i get my VA disability then.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:26 pm
by cypherl

The battlesuits do not have all missile pods, they have a mix of weaponry. Full squad of fire warrios with rifles is not a problem.Two full kroot squads is doable, as you can see some are painted, some not. The pathfinders also is fine.
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:20 pm
by jmsguitars

i have all of the nids, bits and the FW techpriest, and Seraphicus.
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:16 pm
by cypherl

Sure thing. What would you like to offer for that?
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:06 pm
by jmsguitars

my tau army needs 2 crisis suits(with missile launchers), a squad of fire warriors (all rifles), 2 full kroot squads, 4 pathfinders (3 railguns) plus the drones for the squads that have them.

let me know if we can negotiate a trade.
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:43 pm
by cypherl

They look really cool, sure I'm interested. What do you propose to trade?
Sent: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:23 pm
by jmsguitars

i know you are interested in genestealers, a tyrant, tyrant guard, zoanthropes, etc... i have a 1850+ pt nid army i am trying to get rid of, and here is the list for it. i use battlescribe, so it shows all of the stuff for them.

Tyrant Guard Brood (195pts) (Codex: Tyranids p86)
Tyrant Guard (65pts)

Blind Rampage, Instinctive Behaviour - Feed, Shieldwall
Bonded exoskeleton, Lash Whip (5pts), Rending claws

Tyrant Guard (65pts)

Tyrant Guard (65pts)

HQ (320pts)

Hive Tyrant (230pts) (Codex: Tyranids p86)

Psyker, Shadow in the Warp, Synapse Creature
Armoured Shell (40pts), Bonded Exoskeleton, Lash Whip and Bonesword, Regeneration (20pts), Scything Talons
Psychic Powers, Leech Essence (*), Paroxysm (*)

Tyranid Prime (90pts) (Codex: Tyranids p87)

Alpha Warrior, Independent Character, Shadow in the Warp, Synapse Creature
Bonded Exoskeleton, Pair of Boneswords (10pts), Scything talons

Elites (510pts)

Hive Guard Brood (100pts) (Codex: Tyranids p88)

2x Hive Guard (100pts)

Instinctive Behaviour - Lurk
2x Claws and Teeth, 2x Hardened Carapace, 2x Impaler Cannon

Ymgarl Genestealer Brood (230pts) (Codex: Tyranids p89)

10x Ymgarl Genestealer (230pts)

Alter Form, Brood Telepathy, Dormant, Fleet, Move Through Cover
10x Hardened Carapace, 10x Rending Claws

Zoanthrope Brood (180pts) (Codex: Tyranids p89)

Zoanthrope (60pts)

Psyker, Shadow in the Warp, Synapse Creature, Warp Field
Claws and Teeth, Reinforced Chitin
Psychic Powers, Warp Blast, Warp Lance

Zoanthrope (60pts)

Zoanthrope (60pts)

Troops (606pts)

Genestealer Brood (196pts) (Codex: Tyranids p90)

14x Genestealer (196pts)

Brood Telepathy, Fleet, Infiltrate, Move Through Cover
14x Reinforced Chitin, 14x Rending Claws

Hormagaunt Brood (60pts) (Codex: Tyranids p91)

10x Hormagaunt (60pts)

Bounding Leap, Fleet, Instinctive Behaviour - Feed, Move Through Cover
10x Chitin, 10x Scything Talons

Hormagaunt Brood (60pts) (Codex: Tyranids p91)

10x Hormagaunt (60pts)

Bounding Leap, Fleet, Instinctive Behaviour - Feed, Move Through Cover
10x Chitin, 10x Scything Talons

Ripper Swarm Brood (90pts) (Codex: Tyranids p91)

9x Ripper Swarm (90pts)

Fearless, Instinctive Behaviour - Feed, Mindless, Swarms
9x Chitin, 9x Claws and Teeth

Termagant Brood (100pts) (Codex: Tyranids p91)

10x Termagant (100pts)

The Scuttling Swarm
10x Chitin, 10x Claws and Teeth, 10x Devourer (50pts)

Termagant Brood (100pts) (Codex: Tyranids p91)

10x Termagant (100pts)

The Scuttling Swarm
10x Chitin, 10x Claws and Teeth, 10x Devourer (50pts)

Heavy Support (220pts)

Carnifex Brood (220pts) (Codex: Tyranids p94)
Carnifex (220pts)

Fearless, Instinctive Behaviour - Feed, Living Battering Ram
Bio-plasma (20pts), Bonded Exoskeleton, Frag Spines (5pts), Regeneration (25pts), 2x Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs (10pts)

so thats a total of 2 tyrants(1 used as prime[it is the previous metal version, so it is a little smaller]) 3 tyrant guard, 24 genesteelers, 20 hormagaunts, 20 Termagaunts, 2 hive guard (custom, see http://40kaddict.blogspot.com/2012/06/n ... -hive.html) rippers, 3 zoanthropes, and a carnifex. the only one that is painted is the Carnifex (see pic) and i can also throw in a FW Titan Techpriest, and the DV Interrogator chaplain Seraphicus, if you are interested.
pics for most of this can be found here- http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/image ... %20Of.html

---------------------------plus------------------------------
1 OOP metal carnifex body/head/legs
1 OOP metal Old One Eye, missing the scything talons
1 metal hive tyrant (most recent sculpt, no arms)
1 old tyranid warrior(really old, not the string bean looking one)
more Hormagaunts, lots of bits, can finish the unfinished models with some of them, and lots of arms, biomorphs, weapons, heads, etc...

i am interested in Tau. i need 2 crisis suits, 1 squad of fire warriors, 2 full squads of kroot, and pathfinders (only need 4 of these, 3 with rail gun).

please let me know if you are interested.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

III. Supporting Information

His shipping number for what he shipped to me:9114901159818278020039
My shipping number for what I shipped to him:9114901159815053105875

His name is Jason Scheiber, and I am not sure if I am supposed to list his address(although the report format says to) as it seems strange. Possibly a breach of personal information? I am assuming it is legal, or else the administrators would not have recommended it, and I will edit this post if told to provide it. His address is in California.

IV: Follow Through

As can be seen by the last few posts, I let him know that the models were not present and waited three days. He never responded. I approached it as if it were just a mistake and gave him the opportunity to make up for it, but seeing as he made no effort to recompense me for the missing models, nor the broken models, I was definitely ripped off and feel compelled to let the community know. The guy was amicable enough, but I feel people should know in case they trade with him. I submitted a bad reference to his account.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Bad Trader - Jason Scheiber (jmsguitars)

Post by MagickalMemories »

Please, provide the name and address to which you sent your stuff.
Thanks.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”