BTR: Stanislav

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

d_brierton ( 112 )
Journeyman Trader

BTR: Stanislav

Post by d_brierton »

Here's the rule he violated:

Rule 4a: You are also responsible for accurately describing all items that you are trading or selling.
That includes version, condition, assembly status, converted or not, painted or not, any missing pieces and any other information you think might be helpful. Failure to do so may result in the other party filing a Backout Trader or Bad Trader report against you.
Note that linking to Trade/Want/Sale lists that are hosted off-site is not allowed. All items you are offering must be listed in your trade ad. Failure to do so will see your ad removed.

In summary, we pleasantly came to terms on a NOS item. I paid, he shipped. Upon arrival, the item came missing the base. I asked him if he'd be willing to compensate $2.50 so I can replace the base. He refused then insulted me describing me as petty and justified not making amends because I got a 'good enough deal'. I left him a fair, NEUTRAL review describing that if you purchase from him you may not receive a base for the item. He then left me a BAD review and exaggerated things in a non-factual way. The irony in all of this is I was the victim, I paid for and received an incomplete item, yet I end up with the BAD review (despite doing everything I was supposed to do as a buyer correctly). He even mentions in his review that he had a base for the model, which implies he simply chose not to ship it. Richard clearly lacks integrity in honoring his deals and respect for fellow traders.
d_brierton ( 112 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR: Stanislav

Post by d_brierton »

Chat History:
d_brierton wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:20 am
Is your magister on foot or on disc?
Stanislav wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:42 am
On disc
d_brierton wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 am
If it’s this guy: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ma ... entch-2020

And he’s new on sprue, then I’ll snag him. Is $3.50 good to ship? First class mail is fine.

Thanks,
-Dan
Stanislav wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:02 am
If you are in the US, 3.50 is fine. Although will warn you...probably won't be able to put it in the mail until Wednesday. Maybe earlier, but no guarantees.

If that's ok, my paypal is XYZ
d_brierton wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 am
Yep sounds good. Can you just confirm it’s the guy in the link and he’s NOS? Thanks!
Stanislav wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:11 am
Yes it is. I got him with the Aether War Box Set although he has been released as a single now
d_brierton wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:16 am
Cool. I sent you the money. My address is

XYZ

Thanks!
Stanislav wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:17 am
Got it. Will send tracking afterwards
Stanislav wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:30 am
Will be in the mail in the morning, sorry about the extra day, I was afraid this week would be ugly.

(Tracking #)
d_brierton wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:32 am
Thx!
d_brierton wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:10 pm
Hey, it came in, but there was no base :(

I'm assuming this was an accident? If so, the cheapest one I see on ebay is $2.50 shipped. Are you cool with doing a partial refund for $2.50 to cover the missing base?

Thanks,
-DB
Stanislav wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:57 am
Actually I am not willing to cover a simple 50mm round base. If I had forgotten a 120mm or something really unusual, that would be something. I sold it to you extremely cheap, and I sold it to you exactly as described. NoS, not NIB or anything. Sounds petty, but so is the fact that you want to sweat me over a 50mm round base when you paid $4-5 cheaper than anything on ebay. I even let you set the shipping price. I gave you a good enough deal already. Sorry that this sounds harsh, but I find it just as much so with you contacting me over this and wanting me to pay 1/8 of the price back to you. Find a base locally
d_brierton wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:33 am
You never described the base as missing or not included. You also agreed to the price and shipping, if you didn't like it, you didn't have to accept the offer. To justify not shipping part of the model because it was 'cheap' from your perspective is... sad. And if you're sweating over it, that's on you. I asked for a simple partial refund to make it even. If your reply had been at least kind, I would have overlooked it. Anyways, I won't be doing business with you again.
Stanislav wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:38 am
likewise
d_brierton ( 112 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by d_brierton »

NEUTRAL review I left for him:

Purchased an item, everything was smooth until I asked about a very small partial refund to cover a missing base that wasn't described as missing or not included. He refused the request, rather rudely, and justified it by saying "I gave you a good enough deal already". Don't expect to get bases with purchases unless it's explicitly stated as included...

BAD review he left for me:

Guy sweating me over a 50mm round base that I never advertised or claimed was part of a deal. Other parts of my ad mentioned base was included. Sold a brand new on sprue $35 GW model for $20. Then he wanted me to refund $2.50 for it. If he would have asked for me to send him a base, I probably would have....but hustling me to discount it even further...no thanks. Sellers beware.
d_brierton ( 112 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by d_brierton »

FYSA admins, I don't care about the $2.50 or the base. What I care about is the negative review he left me being downgraded to Neutral or deleted. I held up my part of the deal, there’s no reason for me to have a negative review for doing the right thing.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I find it disappointing that two traders of your collective caliber had to come to this.
I am not taking sides in who was right or wrong, or even saying you both 'share' blame. I'm just saying that... I'm surprised to see that it went down this road.

That said, I will go on record that Bartertown's opinion of a "complete" model, whether advertised as NIB, NOS, or in any other sort of NEW status, is that it should include ALL pieces of importance, including the base, unless otherwise established. So, if you're trading for a Lord of Skulls a Rhino or a Land Raider, no base should be expected. A Standard 40k Infantry type model or model such as this one, which comes with a base when new, should have the base included or should have an indication that no base is included.

I would LOVE to see one of you two extend an olive branch and try to work it out. There's NO good reason that this cannot still be salvaged as a COMPLETE trade, even if a friendship never blooms. However, that being said, I think the BTR is unfortunately valid.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Stanislav ( 1134 )
Millenium Trader

Post by Stanislav »

First thing, you didn't do everything right because if you did everyone would be spraying magic pixie dust and no one would feel like they got screwed. A BTR is subjective and you feeling "hurt" that I gave you a BTR is a snowflake response. I called it the way I saw it, and obviously you did as well. You are just upset that my opinion rated you worse than you rated me. I also love your interpretation of things. As I said, very subjective.

I might have been less "harsh" if right out of the gate he wouldn't have been asking for a partial refund for a base. Sorry, I understand Eric's views that it should have one if it was NoS, and I agree to a certain extent. If it would have been a really odd size that most hobbyists didn't have in their box of bases (A trader with his first reference back in 1996 on here and you don't have 50mm round base?). With it being fairly common, it came off as some false entitlement in my eyes and a money grab for an already massively discounted GW item. If it would have happened to me, I would have been like, "Hmmm, no base. Bummer." I say "if" it would have happened...well it has. I would imagine more than once. My real reaction has been exactly as I said earlier...as I walk over to the drawer that I keep various bases in and search for one. Would you have asked me to send you one? Probably would have happened. The way you handled it...well, here we are.
Lower rating? I ask that you ship first. Also, if I offer a stupidly good deal and you try to negotiate even lower...don't call it bad communication that you didn't get a reply. I deleted the message.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”