Unofficial Guidelines

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Re: Unofficial Guidelines

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

OK, well, I'll do Canada. I'll get it up by tomorrow sometime.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
jquest ( 266 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by jquest »

I don't know how many other people trade from APO's, but I could get some specific guidance if anyone else is interested.

-Ryan
If you have a lower rating be prepared to send first!

If you do not live in the US please specify when making offers.

The Emperor Protects
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

APOs = Army Post Office. The main thing to know about them is that Delivery Confirmation can only track to the main APO in New York if I'm correct. It was that way when I got out. There is also more stringent shipping instructions and restricted material. Especially for remote sites, and for bases in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

When shipping to an APO, you have to fill out a customs form, just as if you were shipping to a foreign country (which, in essence, you are).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

You can check this site for special restrictions to certain APO zipcodes.

http://www.oconus.com/ZipCodes.asp
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

This thread isn't bad as a "catch-all" for tips and such, but not being structured is something of a disadvantage.

Plus, it has very limited guidance value to a new trader.

I've been working on more of comprehensive and detailed reference document for the past several weeks (see the link in my sig).

What I'm not sure of how guideline documents and threads ought to be handled here.

I wonder if it might be preferable for this thread to be un-stickied and replaced with a Btown index to various guidelines and articles, etc.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Well, been waiting on the proposed upcoming new forums MM talked about a few months ago.

I'll sticky your trading advice topic so people can have several choices.

JohnHwangBT ( 180 )
Millenium Trader

Post by JohnHwangBT »

OK, that works, too.

Conceceptually, a *lot* of the stickies could be folded together and replaced by indices with links to articles/threads.
Feedback as "JohnHwangBT" on Bartertown

Any Negatives or Neutrals? *You* ship first, regardless of rating!
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

And MM hinted at an articles forum when he got the new discussion side up. So I figured that would be the best place for all these to be rolled up into.

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Ironhide wrote:Well, been waiting on the proposed upcoming new forums MM talked about a few months ago.

I'll sticky your trading advice topic so people can have several choices.
Lord knows when those are coming.
We're waiting on Adam right now, and he's in the midst of a second... issue... at work.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

for rules and restrictions, go to usps.com.
Previously, i've posted the direct link to the IMM, international mail manual. You can look up each country with the alphabetized index.

items should have 2 inches of padding around them. Crushed newspaper isn't padding because it continues to compact.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
insan0 ( 94 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by insan0 »

Its been a very long time since I have done any trading through btown and boy do I wish I had skimmed through this. Just mailed off a small package from Canada to the US, labeled as a gift, doh!, hopefully I had enough packaging in that box,...

Good ideas everyone, I'll brush up on my shipping knowledge so I don't mess anything else up.

--dave
Ollieb ( 86 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Ollieb »

One I've run into in the past:

"NIB" does not necessarily mean you are getting the current production of that mini/unit. My last trade was listed as NIB so I assumed they were current. They weren't. Heck I've even got the OOP Space Marine Command Squad that is still in shrinkwrap.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Ollieb wrote:One I've run into in the past:

"NIB" does not necessarily mean you are getting the current production of that mini/unit. My last trade was listed as NIB so I assumed they were current. They weren't. Heck I've even got the OOP Space Marine Command Squad that is still in shrinkwrap.
Nope.
NIB is NIB

NEW in box / blister
That does, indeed, imply that it's the newest sculpt.

If it's not, then MIB (MINT in box / blister) should be used.

By the most recent rules, you'd be vindicated in not wanting to go through with the trade in that instance. It's the sellers job to PROPERLY describe his items.

insan0 wrote:Its been a very long time since I have done any trading through btown and boy do I wish I had skimmed through this. Just mailed off a small package from Canada to the US, labeled as a gift, doh!, hopefully I had enough packaging in that box,...

Good ideas everyone, I'll brush up on my shipping knowledge so I don't mess anything else up.

--dave
Welcome back, Dave!

Did you have any references in the old BTown?
If so, PM me with the details. We'll see about getting them transferred to your new ID.

Also, I suggest you take a peek at the BTown rules. Many things have changed over the years.

Eric

nuclearfeet ( 82 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by nuclearfeet »

The name of the website is called Bartertown. If someone gives you an offer on something, and you aren't happy with said offer, please for the love of God give them a counter offer. We call this bartering. Just like in the name. If you don't like someone's offer, don't ignore them. And if you don't want to trade with them, please tell them.

Don't leave someone waiting and holding off other trades for a response that will never come.
***Lower rating ships/pays first***

I always leave feedback, it would be nice if you did too. If your feedback is lower than mine, expect to leave feedback first.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”