Just a small warning - Jason Ticknor

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Taggerd ( 148 )
Resident Trader

Post by Taggerd »

how many on this post has been burned and how many times

im up to 6 times losing minis and money

so if i dont joke sometimes i would get mad
Thanks To trade master Adam i have one account again yea
unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

insidius wrote:You suggest we make our own thread to make fun of Cheese-Heads?

Some people here can appreciate making light of a bad situation at times. I started this thread, and personally, I don't mind if it takes a humourous direction.

maybe YOU need to realize not just your little insular group reads the posts you make.
What, exactly, is this supposed to mean?
insular: insulated.

it means you and your friends might be kidding and know each other are kidding, and that's ok. but some new trader comes on here and sees he's being warned against all the Bad Traders of Milwaukee, and it can negatively affect honest traders.

that's where my concern comes from.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

I don't have any friends, first of all.

Second, what's wrong with warning a new trader against the bad traders of milwaukee? I plainly say in my FIRST post of this thread:
So just be careful guys. If you get a WI address, make sure you check refs and if you have to, email some of the people from those refs to check that they're legit.

Nothing against folks from WI, but one bad apple ruins the bunch in this case, and I advise that you guys be extra careful.
Nowhere in there do I, or anyone else for that matter, say NOT to trade with anyone from Milwaukee or any other area.

I appreciate your concern, but I don't think it's warranted in this case.

Don't be so high-strung; it's bad for your health.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
SuperIdolMistyMay ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by SuperIdolMistyMay »

Because that other guy was painting everyone from Milwaukee with the same brush, and it's not right. :x
FACT ALERT: 9000 of the 16 year old girls on the internet are actually Dateline's Chris Hansen.
unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

insidius wrote:I don't have any friends, first of all.

Second, what's wrong with warning a new trader against the bad traders of milwaukee? I plainly say in my FIRST post of this thread:
So just be careful guys. If you get a WI address, make sure you check refs and if you have to, email some of the people from those refs to check that they're legit.

Nothing against folks from WI, but one bad apple ruins the bunch in this case, and I advise that you guys be extra careful.
Nowhere in there do I, or anyone else for that matter, say NOT to trade with anyone from Milwaukee or any other area.

I appreciate your concern, but I don't think it's warranted in this case.

Don't be so high-strung; it's bad for your health.
not really all that high strung. i'm not in turmoil over this. just thought it was a lame comment. and could be misconstrued. but we're beating a dead horse now.
Artimese ( 134 )
Resident Trader

Post by Artimese »

As far as this 'insular' little monkey is concerned, ANYONE from WI is going to ship first even if its a cash deal, UNLESS they have a higher rating then I do.

Period.

Am I willing to work 50/50 deals and their like? Yes. But I fully expect to get something from you before you get anything from me.

3 reasons:
A. because I have a higher rating then 80% of the people here (here as in B-town).
B. because you picked a bad state to live in.
C. because you have no sense of humor.

Mark
Elf, the other white meat.

Dweomer's favorite glue-monkey!

Morlock-bloodletter Entombed goes RAAWR!!! & GRRRRR!!!
SuperIdolMistyMay ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by SuperIdolMistyMay »

I have a fine sense of humor. Refer to my sig...
FACT ALERT: 9000 of the 16 year old girls on the internet are actually Dateline's Chris Hansen.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

ertgergerg

Post by MagickalMemories »

Okay.
STOP

stopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstop

Everyone is right.

Please read this before posting anything to any comments already made:

SIMM. I hate to admit it but, to a degree, you are correct.
If my "Newbies" post affected anyone, I apologize.

Let's not start a flame-off if it is unnecessary.

Now.
Insidius is correct. If you are thin skinned, the Net is no place for you. This is one of the nicest places I've been to on the Net, when it comes to user attitudes.
It may SEEM insular to an outsider like you (just kidding LOL)...
It may SEEM insular to someone who hasn't been around a lot but I know from experiance that anyone can be welcomed here, whether their rating is 150, 15 or even -15. Okay... Maybe not negative FIFTEEN... but you get the idea.

This
Not wanting to take up bandwidth, but not everyone from Wisconsin is a bad apple! Probably just those Milwaukee types!
is an abvious joke to anyone who takes the time to think about it. Without telling my wife what was going on, I had her read the thread. When she got to that part, she laughed and commented that feanor must be teasing one of the guys from Milwaukee.

When she got to MY post about Ohio, she asked which one of you was in Ohio. Then she got to Taggard's post & laughed. I was, in fact, pointing out Sid (my little PET NAME for Insidius) AND Taggard (AND his two sneaky accounts LOL :lol: -an inside joke, I admit, that is not really important anymore).

Sid's post about the better site for you... Well, Sid... You almost made me pee myself.
I thought it was hilarious. But that is because *I* know it is done in Sid's somewhat sarcastic, ornery sense of humor...
...and I wouldn't be surprised to discover that he was a bit annoyed, as well. Mostly, though, I think it was done in humor.

Sid, are you abusing YOUR moderator powers again? :lol:

Taggard... BUrned SIX freaking times?
Okay. Do we need to have some sort of online chat about "How to avoid online fraud." and use YOU as the bad example? If you ever become a Mod for any reason, your little tag line needs to be "Bartertown's Goofus."

(as in the Highlights Magazine "Goofus & Gallant"... Goofus is the one who always does things the wrong way)

For heaven's sake, tag. Are you a scammagnet (not spaced on purpose)?

insidius:
I don't have any friends, first of all.
Sid.
I love you.

And I think... HOPE... that mar'k (Artimese) comment (b) was a joke, as well.

I mean, I'm sure you didn't PICK the state...

See? Humor. I corrected the "pick" part and not the "bad state" part.
And I didn't use smilies.
Plus, I do kinda think WI is a bad state... only because the weather stinks in the winter, though. I love snow but COME THE HECK ON, PEOPLE!

Now.
Let's all kiss and make up.
Nobody meant anything bad.
Now you know that.
Now we know you were offended.
Now you know we know you were offended. We're a ware of it.
No you know that BTown is mostly a playful place and there are very few grumps (except Sir NuWisha of the GrumpyPants).

Can't we all just get a thong?

Okay. I take that back. You SO do NOT want to see MY big assssss in a thong.
I mean, sure, chicks dig fat guys and all.
That's a well known fact.
But THAT would be just way too much (for the thong to withstand).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Taggerd ( 148 )
Resident Trader

Post by Taggerd »

LOL ok i enjoyed that magical as for the 6 times only 3 have been on here 2 on portent before it became the new site and 1 time since its new name so currently portent and Btown are tied and yes i do still send first at times when its money not all the time but once in awhile.
Thanks To trade master Adam i have one account again yea
Artimese ( 134 )
Resident Trader

Re: ertgergerg

Post by Artimese »

[quote="MagickalMemories"]
And I think... HOPE... that mar'k (Artimese) comment (b) was a joke, as well.

I mean, I'm sure you didn't PICK the state...

[/quote]

It was. I just didn't expect THEM to get it..... :)

Mark
Elf, the other white meat.

Dweomer's favorite glue-monkey!

Morlock-bloodletter Entombed goes RAAWR!!! & GRRRRR!!!
archangelq ( 34 )
BTown Regular

Ticknor at it again

Post by archangelq »

So, just fyi, Ticknor appears to be prowling over at the Privateer Press forums in some form. One confirmed alias, LichLordTick, one possible astroturfing alias, Mc Munchy. That may be someone else who he's convinced to post, but it seems like his same style of writing, fwiw.

Ongoing thread where it's claimed he ripped off someone:
http://forums.privateerpress.com/index. ... opic=70825

Not substantiated yet, but from the sound of it, not many folks on here would need any more proof. Forwarned is forarmed, thought I'd pass it along.
Linrandir ( 108 )
Site Admin

Post by Linrandir »

Duly noted and replied to. Thanks for the warning.
New to Bartertown?
Read These Now!
Got ripped off?
Read This First!

Administrative Transparency: Anything you write me can and will be made public should I deem it necessary. Anything I write to you? Same deal. Fair is fair.

My Official Admin Messages have the :rulez: icon in front.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Thanks for the heads up; I am aware of this situation and involved in the thread you mentioned.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
darthsmeders ( 0 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by darthsmeders »

thanks m8 i am watching my back because i am new and i can be tricked!!!
http://s3.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=57187

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE GAME!
WillFightForFood ( 136 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by WillFightForFood »

I have one thing to add:
insidius wrote:If you're thin-skinned, you have no reason being on the internet.

May I suggest an alternative website for you?

Just for you
Best...
Site...
Ever...
:icon_nerd_dance:

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”