Just a small warning - Jason Ticknor

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Just a small warning - Jason Ticknor

Post by insidius »

Could be a coincidence, could be something to be concerned about.

Someone recently contacted me stating that they had reason to believe that Jason Ticknor was trying to initiate a trade with them. The person gave references including, but not limited to at least TWO of Ticknor's prior aliases, and has a mailing address in Milwaukee, WI, which is where one of Ticknor's physical addresses are.

Be advised that Ticknor may be on the prowl again (my guess is he got in some trouble with the law due to our combined efforts and the army turned him down because of it. He may have served a little time, maybe not, but now he's back on the 'scene.').

So just be careful guys. If you get a WI address, make sure you check refs and if you have to, email some of the people from those refs to check that they're legit.

Nothing against folks from WI, but one bad apple ruins the bunch in this case, and i advise that you guys be extra careful.

I'll report more when I have more information. Just thought you guys should know.

That is all.
mon·ey: noun; a good that acts as a medium of exchange in transactions.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

USPS Mail Fraud / / FBI Internet Fraud Center
Artimese ( 134 )
Resident Trader

Post by Artimese »

Thank you for the warning.

Mark
Elf, the other white meat.

Dweomer's favorite glue-monkey!

Morlock-bloodletter Entombed goes RAAWR!!! & GRRRRR!!!
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

Ok guys, Ticknor's back, without a doubt in my mind.

I have reason to believe that he's registered again on Bartertown under the username of mrmondaynitee with the address mrmondaynitee@yahoo.com. Guess the whole army thing didn't work out for him. Pity.

In any event, here's what I know:

Someone contacted me about a trade in progress they were having that was suspicious. He told me the details and right off, it sounded like Ticknor to me. So I asked him for ALL of the details, email logs, et cetera. After reading them, it certainly matched his MO.

So I did some research on some of the "references" he provided, and all of them either belonged to Jason Ticknor, or were used by him at some point. The ones that weren't are either made up or his friends email addresses.

That list is as follows:

darksydejedi@excite.com
blackriderwk@yahoo.com
toturisarmy@yahoo.com
sethhellbringer@yahoo.com
tfunkisgood@excite.com
captmillar@aol.com
khorneb@excite.com

A few that pop right off are:

blackriderwk@yahoo.com

This email address brought up another gaming site in Germany. This is where Ticknor did a lot of his conning. That site lists this email address
as one of the ones he used to rip people off with, also under the name of Jason lee ( along with Tyrone Williams, Jason Ticknor, Jason Lee, Josh
Terry, Leroy Brown, Martin Esaman, Hotdog Realish, and Thomas Davis). I used this as evidence against Ticknor in my case against him. Can be viewed here: http://www.kaysar.com/index.php?showtop ... &#entry586

sethhellbringer@yahoo.com

Belongs to "Jason Lee" (Ticknor's Alias), used on a profile for the username "tokenblackguy" (one of Ticknor's other aliases), refers to a WI
location, and lists "gaming" as a hobby. Can be viewed here: http://www.teamcanadaonline.ca/tcoforum ... enblackguy

khorneb@excite.com

This one he used on me, lol.

The name he's using now appears to be an actual person (just as he used his girlfriend's name, Shannon McKenna on me). The name he used was Justin Barnard, who's got as lengthy a police report as Ticknor himself does.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/pager.do;jsess ... ction=DESC

He continues to bring down his name and that of his friends and family.

Be advised. I don't think Ticknor will ever stop. Obviously Police intervention do no good, but i will be contacting the Detective that worked on my case and letting him know this information, for what it's worth.

I have contacted Detective Rewolinski (who handled the first case) about this matter. Take care guys.
Money is a good like everything else; if your rating is lower, you ship first whether money is involved or not.

Feanor01 ( 12 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Feanor01 »

Not wanting to take up bandwidth, but not everyone from Wisconsin is a bad apple! Probably just those Milwaukee types!
GreatWolf ( 246 )
Resident Trader

Info at your disposal

Post by GreatWolf »

I kept ALL of my emails from "Justin Barnard" from his sethhellbringer email address if you would like them.

I had to pressure him for over a month and got others involved before he finally sent me a bunch of stuff (though not what I was supposed to get).

Anyway, if you, or anyone else could use the emails he sent me, I have them all saved. Headers and all. Kept them in one of my email folders.

I also have all the people who contacted me about both Jason Ticknor and Justin Barnard, many of which were also scammed.

Hope I can help.
Lower feedback sends first.
My feedback speaks for itself.

"Come to negotiate, eh, have you? You slimy git! Look what I've got! I've got a jar of dirt, I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it!" - Captain Jack Sparrow

Live near, Brandon/Valrico/Lithia/Plant City area (Fl.)? Hit me up!
Suicide-Goblin ( 46 )
Resident Trader

Post by Suicide-Goblin »

Oh great not this again... :(
I left when it started and returned here once I thought it was gone... Damnit, I hate getting scammed...

I hope you get him sid' this time. I wonder if we have any bartertown members in the general area.
SuperIdolMistyMay ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by SuperIdolMistyMay »

Feanor01 wrote:Not wanting to take up bandwidth, but not everyone from Wisconsin is a bad apple! Probably just those Milwaukee types!
I take offense to that. I've been trading on eBay for over 5 years and have over a 400 rating, all positives.

My roomie told me much about how this Jason guy is, and I've met him, and he seems kind of arrogant.
FACT ALERT: 9000 of the 16 year old girls on the internet are actually Dateline's Chris Hansen.
unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

Feanor01 wrote:Not wanting to take up bandwidth, but not everyone from Wisconsin is a bad apple! Probably just those Milwaukee types!
i take offense at that too.

i don't trade a lot, but my online dealing reputation is impeccable. I do not appreciate being lumped in with this bad trader, even tangentially.

no reason to slander an entire city because of one jerk.
Artimese ( 134 )
Resident Trader

Post by Artimese »

Dang people:

TAKE A JOKE!

Mark
Elf, the other white meat.

Dweomer's favorite glue-monkey!

Morlock-bloodletter Entombed goes RAAWR!!! & GRRRRR!!!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Damm

Post by MagickalMemories »

Dang!

Newbies... No ofense but LIGHTEN UP.

You have to learn how to read tone and inflection on the Net.
Nobody who matters REALLY feels that way. It was playful sarcasm.

Besides... everyone knows that the REAL troublemakers are all in Ohio.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Taggerd ( 148 )
Resident Trader

Post by Taggerd »

lol nice try magical

but its the akron area people

thinking that is were insidus is
Thanks To trade master Adam i have one account again yea
SuperIdolMistyMay ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by SuperIdolMistyMay »

Without similes it's hard to read tone...
FACT ALERT: 9000 of the 16 year old girls on the internet are actually Dateline's Chris Hansen.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

If you're thin-skinned, you have no reason being on the internet.

May I suggest an alternative website for you?

Just for you

unheilig ( 50 )
BTown Regular

Post by unheilig »

maybe a thread about a Bad Trader isnt the place for jokes about other potential traders.

maybe YOU need to realize not just your little insular group reads the posts you make.
insidius ( 76 )
Millenium Trader

Post by insidius »

You suggest we make our own thread to make fun of Cheese-Heads?

Some people here can appreciate making light of a bad situation at times. I started this thread, and personally, I don't mind if it takes a humourous direction.

maybe YOU need to realize not just your little insular group reads the posts you make.
What, exactly, is this supposed to mean?

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”