Anyone w/experience selling armies to NobleKnight Games?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

connivingsumo ( 358 )
Resident Trader

Anyone w/experience selling armies to NobleKnight Games?

Post by connivingsumo »

Greetings B-Towners! :mrgreen:

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been here. :oops: :(

Getting out of the tabeltop gaming hobby, unfortunately. Last time I was here I was married I think, so being a single parent and working a redonculous IT job doesn't leave a lot of time for hobbies, so I'm sticking with my D&D groups and online games.

I know NobleKnight isn't going to make a decent offer for my PP Legion of Everblight, but even here I'm seeing people sell their stuff for 40% of retail? :shocked:

I figure if NobleKnight is legit, maybe I can move my entire Legion army at once and get some store credit. I have smaller armies that I may be able to move or trade here at my favorite Bartertown hobby spot.

Let me know if you've had experience with them, lessons learned, points of interest, etc. I don't really know much about NobleKnight. Thanks!
"Don't be a douche, feedback helps everyone" ~ancientsociety-AKA-The Bartertown Curmudgeon
Good Refs owed to me (Did my part & left good refs): JohnDeSilva (MIA), Hussar1m, 2.0, UvulaBob.
Click 'User Control Panel', Click 'Profile', and fill out your location! :)
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Anyone w/experience selling armies to NobleKnight Games?

Post by pretre »

I haven't dealt with them, but they have a brick and mortar and have relatively few complaints from the BBB. I'd trust it and if they're willing to buy PP, more power to them.

If you're looking to liquidate non PP stuff, hit me up.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
connivingsumo ( 358 )
Resident Trader

Post by connivingsumo »

I have a bunch of Malifaux, some bare-metal & nib Infinity, and some old Rezolution - everything else is PP - never got into GW.

I was going to post that stuff here to trade for D&D5e books, D&D miniatures, CoC7e materials, and other RPG miniatures such as Bones, Pathfinder, etc.
"Don't be a douche, feedback helps everyone" ~ancientsociety-AKA-The Bartertown Curmudgeon
Good Refs owed to me (Did my part & left good refs): JohnDeSilva (MIA), Hussar1m, 2.0, UvulaBob.
imp522 ( 730 )
Giant Scary Eyeball

Post by imp522 »

Well you won’t get top dollar obviously. I’ve been selling and buying from them since the early 2000 and never had a problem with them and was always happy with offers they made me.
http://adventurein15mm.blogspot.com/

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

Have you read the site rules? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470 If not do so.
connivingsumo ( 358 )
Resident Trader

Post by connivingsumo »

Thanks imp, I'm glad to hear that! 8)
akum ( 230 )
2017 & 2018 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by akum »

The main issue you are going to have is that PP minis just dont hold their value, gl!!
connivingsumo ( 358 )
Resident Trader

Post by connivingsumo »

I started PP in 2006/2007, so I've seen the re-sell drop ever since; 40% is common here, so I don't expect that much from Noble. If I get a decent store credit amount I'll jump on it.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Good to see you back around these parts, cs!
Sate our curiosity, and let us know what kind of an offer you get from them, as far as percentage?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
connivingsumo ( 358 )
Resident Trader

Post by connivingsumo »

MM!! Good to see you, too! And good to see you still have that awesome gif for your avatar! :D

The offer just came in a few minutes ago.

To keep things simple/rounded, they offered me about 40% store credit, and 32% cash. The store credit is about what I figured, but the cash offer (they pay the shipping, too!) is higher than I expected.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

connivingsumo wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 pm
MM!! Good to see you, too! And good to see you still have that awesome gif for your avatar! :D

The offer just came in a few minutes ago.

To keep things simple/rounded, they offered me about 40% store credit, and 32% cash. The store credit is about what I figured, but the cash offer (they pay the shipping, too!) is higher than I expected.
That's actually pretty decent for PP. I'm tempted to sell off everything I get for PP to them.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

I traded a bunch of game books, rules and fluff books from several games. Two boxes worth of books. They paid shipping. I got less than have 'cover' value in store credit. I would gotten half that if I wanted cash.

Saying that, the stuff they sold was retail price to collectible price.
Consider them like a pawn shop.

The rep I dealt with wasn't too smart. He said, next time, tell him in advance that the books were stored in the basement.
Florida is only several feet above sea level. If you dig a basement, it becomes an indoor pool.

I had to explain this to him. He said all of the books smelled 'damp'. I told him, Florida is the tropics and the humidity is high. [right MM? He just spent part of the summer at the land of the mouse.]

Like I said, an online, gaming pawnshop.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
wsott1970 ( 132 )
Resident Trader

Post by wsott1970 »

I deal with NobleKnight a lot and he is a straight shooter... but yeah PP stuff is not in high demand.

Thanks,
Sean
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

pretre wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:19 pm
That's actually pretty decent for PP. I'm tempted to sell off everything I get for PP to them.
You and me both. I don't have MUCH, but it is kinda just sitting there.
kturock wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 pm
I had to explain this to him. He said all of the books smelled 'damp'. I told him, Florida is the tropics and the humidity is high. [right MM? He just spent part of the summer at the land of the mouse.]
I mean, it was TWO summers ago but, at your age, I can see how the summers all blend together. LOL

I didn't find the humidity bad, but I'm in Missouri, home of "It's not the heat, it's the humidity," and I spend a lot of time outside in the summer, at Six Flags :mrgreen: Florida was just a little more humid than I'm used to dealing with. Interestingly, though, the week we were there, the temps were a little BELOW the average MO summer!

But, yeah... damp SUMMER basements (MO) are different than "damp all year long" basements (FL).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 am
pretre wrote:
Yeah, and as the OP noted, it just doesn't move well. 32% is a deal in this market. :)
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

*cackles in snow*

MagickalMemories wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 am
pretre wrote:
kturock wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:59 pm
I mean, it was TWO summers ago but, at your age, I can see how the summers all blend together. LOL

I didn't find the humidity bad, but I'm in Missouri, home of "It's not the heat, it's the humidity," and I spend a lot of time outside in the summer, at Six Flags :mrgreen: Florida was just a little more humid than I'm used to dealing with. Interestingly, though, the week we were there, the temps were a little BELOW the average MO summer!

But, yeah... damp SUMMER basements (MO) are different than "damp all year long" basements (FL).

Eric
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”