Wait time

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Winky ( 338 )
Resident Trader

Wait time

Post by Winky »

How long is an appropriate amount of time to wait before reposting after the trade is agreed on, addresses exchanged, but the other person is not responding to my PM's?
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Wait time

Post by pretre »

Winky wrote:How long is an appropriate amount of time to wait before reposting after the trade is agreed on, addresses exchanged, but the other person is not responding to my PM's?
Personally, I have a blurb saying that until the deal is done I don't hold anything in my trade post. That being said, send them another PM saying you will repost in 24 hours and if they don't respond, repost.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Wait time

Post by MagickalMemories »

That would depend on how long you've waited already.
If it's been a week, then pretre's advice is solid (as always). On the other hand, if this is just a general inquiry, or you're freaking out, and it's only need a way or two, I'd advise giving them a little more time.
Generally, a week to a week and a half is a good turn around time for following pretre's advice above.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”