Time for a change to Bartertown's way of life?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

akum ( 230 )
2017 & 2018 Painting Challenge Champion!

Re: Time for a change to Bartertown's way of life?

Post by akum »

Meh, I like things the way they are. i dont want to look in multiple areas, plus its spammy enough when I try to look at new posts.
connivingsumo ( 358 )
Resident Trader

Post by connivingsumo »

I don't think having a separate buy/sell forum for each category is a bad thing; I mean, most of the 'nays' said they just click the View New Posts link anyway, so they wouldn't really see the drill-down/file spread. I'm the opposite of all these folks ~ I actually go into the forum (like Privateer Press games) and scroll down.

On the other hand, I'm kind of a "if it aint broke don't fix it" kinda guy. I have noticed a decline in trading, which makes me pretty sad. At one time I had several friends here, and we traded a lot with each other. :(
"Don't be a douche, feedback helps everyone" ~ancientsociety-AKA-The Bartertown Curmudgeon
Good Refs owed to me (Did my part & left good refs): JohnDeSilva (MIA), Hussar1m, 2.0, UvulaBob.
Click 'User Control Panel', Click 'Profile', and fill out your location! :)
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

Having used this site for years

while I find that for the most part I buy anymore,there are still times I trade things. Having said that I am old and crusty and dont like change.jk ,,,,I do not really think adding more rules or forums or sub sections would really add anything to the site.
"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant"

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Victoria's Own 33rd of Foot-2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Loyal Chaos Marines-2,000
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

A couple things...
1) It was all just a hypothetical conversation to start with, so I hope nobody presumed it to be something we were looking at implementing. We've been pretty vocal about "less is more" over the years, and that p.o.v. hasn't changed.
2) I'm going to go ahead and lock this up. The actual conversation died off back in September. This topic is only seeing action again due to a minor act of Threadomancy.

Thanks for the input, all!

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”