GW paint/inks/washes CAN NOT BE MAILED USPS

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: GW paint/inks/washes CAN NOT BE MAILED USPS

Post by MagickalMemories »

What CAN go and what SHOULD go are not the same things.
I have received Vallejo paints and craft paints in the mail recently, both via usps.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:What CAN go and what SHOULD go are not the same things.
I have received Vallejo paints and craft paints in the mail recently, both via usps.

Eric

And I've removed: crushed rings, bracelets, necklaces, smart keys, car remotes, dog biscuits, jump drives, thumb drives, all sorts of crushed and melted candy, human hair, human teeth & dentures, buttons, pens, pencils, magnets, name tags, various commemorative pins, soap, shampoo, body wash samples & packets and good old cash; from the letter sorting machines.
All because they were put in an envelope and mailed. All were either sent to the lost & found and then to the dead letter office; or just thrown away. The cash is kept by USPS, most everything else, is held for a time and then thrown away.

That is just from the letter machines. The machines that sort large envelopes [called flats] and the machines that sort small parcels and bundles; also are all automated. They can shred and destroy bigger items.

Most times damage to mail is because it was packed improperly or something near it was.
Think of it as driving down the highway and going into tunnels. The vehicles in front of you can cause you to get into a wreck, no matter how well you drive.

Anything can be shoved in to an envelope or box and be put in the mail; whether it's against the law or mailing regulations or not.
Most things, if packed and packaged properly can be mailed. As I'm pointing out, some pose specific packing problems. One thing that everybody on this site uses; paint, is such an item.
Aerosol paints can not be shipped USPS at all. They can not go on airplanes. They can explode and destroy a plane.

The point of my original post was to try to inform others about problems they can run into by just 'throwing them into an envelope or old box' and mailing.

I just had a newer trader offer me "How about $2 tobthrow the in an envelope?" for some bits. That won't work. Bits will cut through an envelope and/or be crushed. They'll need to be put in a padded envelope.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Oh, I know. I understand. I've heard horror stories from you AND my brother before. I know what kind of Hell can happen.
: )

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

That's the point.. It's not can happen. It's does happen. Daily.
Most people don't know what they can and can't mail and how to mail it.
Just papers to and from offices; people/companies who should know better. They stuff 4, 5,6 sheets of paper into a business size envelope. Then it gets torn in half because it was too thick.

For some reason, USPS doesn't want to inform people how to mail. It's been brought up in meetings by employees of all levels, and as far as I know, no one 'up top' thinks it needs to done.
I recall years ago when zip codes started to be used. They was an ad campaign; on tv and in print, of "Zippy" and how to address mail and use zip codes.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”