Attn: Verizon customers

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Attn: Verizon customers

Post by Plarz »

We've been blacklisted by Verizon as a "spam" site, due to the sheer amount of e-mails that the site sends on behalf of our users:
After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons:

Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned

Once you have addressed any security-related issues on your network, you should contact Verizon Online Security via this form. At that time, we will work with you to restore normal e-mail traffic or to take other action as we deem appropriate.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online Security
http://www2.verizon.net/policies
abuse@verizon.net
Nearly every PM and response to a post generates an e-mail notification to one or several users, and with 30,000+ users, that's a crap-ton of e-mails.

I have worked with our web host to fix a minor issue (incorrectly configured rDNS, for those that care), and have tried unsuccessfully numerous times since to use Verizon's tool to get whitelisted. I now have an e-mail in to whitelist@verizon.net, but who knows how fruitful that will be. The kicker is, I can't even e-mail them about the issue from the official website admin e-mail, since it's blocked:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

whitelist@verizononline.net
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host outbound.bizmailsrvcs.net [206.46.232.21]:
550-Email from 50.28.87.41 is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam
550-system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit
550 http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block. 140218
Here's Verizon's whitelist page. If you are a Verizon user, feel free to fill out the form and show your support for us to be whitelisted.

Our info for Part 2 of the form info:
Details:
Bartertown.com
admin@bartertown.com

Outgoing Server:
host2.bartertown.com
Despite the fact that Bartertown.com hasn't done anything wrong, I'm sorry for the issues this is causing.

For now, if you are a Verizon ISP customer (you use their DSL, FiOS or dial-up) you probably won't be getting anymore e-mails from Bartertown.com. I suggest making a GMail account, or using the Tapatalk Mobile App (which will notify you of PMs, responses to posts, etc)

Regards,
Plarz
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Re: Attn: Verizon customers

Post by Plarz »

Success!

Verizon should be whitelisting us soon, so be on the lookout for e-mails!
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Re: Attn: Verizon customers

Post by Plarz »

Verizon has whitelisted us, we're back in business!

If anyone has issues receiving forum e-mails from the admin @ bartertown.com address, please send me a PM.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”