Bumping a post?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

dorril ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Bumping a post?

Post by dorril »

How do I bump a post? I see that in the rule sI can only post in a forum once a week. Can I bump my 1 post once a week or do I just need to recreate it after a week? Whats the appropriate way for my post to remain visible as it changes and updates?
mysticarcher ( 470 )
Expert Trader

Re: Bumping a post?

Post by mysticarcher »

Bumping is completely forbidden. Make a post, let it lie for a week and if you still have the items you listed make a new post.

Repeat as needed until all your stuff is gone.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

You can always Edit your post, and then add a post stating what was edited. However, the forums auto-prune every 21 days, so as the mystic one says, you are much better off saving your ad as a word document, editing it every week, and reposting.

-Porkuslime
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

word pad or note pad come with most versions of windows.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
dorril ( 62 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by dorril »

thanks for the heads up all.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

porkuslime wrote:You can always Edit your post, and then add a post stating what was edited. However, the forums auto-prune every 21 days, so as the mystic one says, you are much better off saving your ad as a word document, editing it every week, and reposting.

-Porkuslime
I also find it nice to edit the old posts and put in a link to your new post. It serves to get people to your most recent information and prevents inquiries and offers on stuff you sold a while back.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”