When did the Post office stop using confirmation slips?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

When did the Post office stop using confirmation slips?

Post by carmachu »

Got a shock today as I was sending something out- no more green confirmation number slips. According to the guy behind the counter, confirmation comes free when you ship priority.....not sure i like this yet. When did this happen?
Imaginos ( 470 )
Millenium Trader

Re: When did the Post office stop using confirmation slips?

Post by Imaginos »

When they made the change back in February (I think that was the date). You can still request delivery confirmation, it just prints on your receipt instead of the green ticket from the box.
Bahamut_Dragonlord ( 344 )
Resident Trader

Post by Bahamut_Dragonlord »

It was part of this thing:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186898

Parcel and Priority Mail include Delivery Confirmation (which is now simply called Tracking), and the number is printed out on the receipt. You still have to purchase tracking separately for First Class, which I think is $0.90 now.
If I forget to post a reference for you, please let me know!
If you are not going to post a reference for me, please explain why, maybe I can fix it!
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

They also renamed it to USPS Tracking, I believe.

$0.90 for non-priority packages.

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#1613376
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Brings a tear to my eye. My children have grown. [sniff]

Seriously. Under 5 minutes, 3 replies, with correct information about shipping USPS.
Great. Thanks.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

kturock wrote:Brings a tear to my eye. My children have grown. [sniff]

Seriously. Under 5 minutes, 3 replies, with correct information about shipping USPS.
Great. Thanks.
I know. I smiled the whole time I was reading it.

It's amazing how fast they grow. Isn't it? LOL

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

MagickalMemories wrote:
kturock wrote:Brings a tear to my eye. My children have grown. [sniff]

Great. Thanks.
I know. I smiled the whole time I was reading it.

It's amazing how fast they grow. Isn't it? LOL

Eric
So wait... I'm the unholy spawn of MagickalMemories and kturock and I have two brothers???

My life is a lie!
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Just remember, "Not the Momma."
;-)
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

My only problem with the lack of DC slips is the fact that the receipts are heat transfer... or whatever they're called... and not ink. A little exposure to heat or excessive pressure (like, if you store them in your wallet, like me, until you can get to a computer), and you risk obliterating the #. I actually did that once... I made half the # unreadable. Fortunately, I shipped multiple packages that day & got the mnissing # from a different DC# (since the first half or so of the # is always a certain combination of #'s).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

I have that problem too MM. Fortunately my local PO is so low tech that I still get to use the green slips and only have to use the new style if I can't pay cash and therefor have to travel to a PO that accepts debit/credit cards.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”