Dear newbie

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Dear newbie

Post by carmachu »

Vent:

Read the rules, look at some other posts, do what they do.

Posting what your looking for army wise, then when asked whether your looking to buy and what you have....then asking me what I have is pointless.

Then arguing after is worse. No I'm not stupid. I just dont want to waste my time.

/vent
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Re: Dear newbie

Post by tordeck »

Welcome to the internet Carmen. People do stupid things behind the veil of anonymousey
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

tordeck wrote:Welcome to the internet Carmen. People do stupid things behind the veil of anonymousey

Tell me about it. This is his/her last reply:

Ya *edit* u offer list I offer $ or offer dummy

You have no references nor do I know what your going to offer. Thanks but no.
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

I am honestly scared by that response

The Dark City
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Post by porkuslime »

Why would I want a dummy in an offer? I am not a ventriloquist, nor am I in training for CPR...
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

porkuslime wrote:Why would I want a dummy in an offer? I am not a ventriloquist, nor am I in training for CPR...

heh, that was part of my reply back. I'm all for helping new traders, but you gotta work a bit with me......
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

i got one for ya. recently a guy asked me for two of the GW models on my trade list.

ok they where assmebled and primed. maybe needing a little love so i come back with quote thats 50% off retail with 3 bucks tacked on for shipping (as i always use a DC and these were metal models so in a bubble mailer $3 is more than fair) so $18

he counters with can you do $15. i nicely explain that it is already 50% of with just a bit to ship. i dont hear form him for a couple days so I pm to ask if he is no longer interested.

his answer "yeah didnt realize i had to respond."

what? common sense is lost it seems

The Dark City
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

not common sense, common curtesy.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

bit of both really

The Dark City
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

carmachu wrote:
tordeck wrote:Welcome to the internet Carmen. People do stupid things behind the veil of anonymousey

Tell me about it. This is his/her last reply:

Ya *edit* u offer list I offer $ or offer dummy

You have no references nor do I know what your going to offer. Thanks but no.
Personally, I would have forwarded that PM to an admin since it violates Rule #1.
Rule #1: PLAY FAIR.
We all learned this rule in Kindergarten. Don't cheat, tell the whole truth, help out "around the house," be nice to others, be responsible for what you do, follow the rules, and treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself. Everything else from here on down is either administrivia or specific examples of how to PLAY FAIR. The adult version of this rule sounds like this: Don't Be A D*ck.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader

Post by starslayer »

Nah...I disagree there. Members cant contact the Mods everytime someone is a little impolite. Thats a bit too much moderation IMHO. If it was death threats,constant harrassment, or something over the top, then yes. But a single "screw you" is something that can be ignored & deleted, then block the member.
carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

@ironhide

yeah it could have been folwarded, but frankly I dont think its worth the mods time. That wasnt even the first reply, so we already bantered a bit.

Frankly I thnk he's going to get no help with his post being crappy and uninformative and his attitude isnt going to help. Thats its own punishment.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Starslayer pretty much described how I'd handle it if it was brought to me. At most, I might PM the sender, reminding him of rule 1. I don't like to get involved in the minutia of trader interactions here unless, as described, they get out of hand.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Meh, I am of the personal opinion that "colorful" language is a no-no. After all, not everyone on here is over the age of 18, an I know some member's parent might be a tad upset if they saw a message with their precious son/daughter being cursed at.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

carmachu ( 686 )
Expert Trader

Post by carmachu »

Ironhide wrote:Meh, I am of the personal opinion that "colorful" language is a no-no. After all, not everyone on here is over the age of 18, an I know some member's parent might be a tad upset if they saw a message with their precious son/daughter being cursed at.
Well if your really going to get upset that their precious son or daughter is being cursed at, where the F are they and why arent they monitoring their kids activities on the computer?

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”