White Dwarf #302 (MARCH) Terrain Question

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

DeathKorps ( 112 )
Journeyman Trader

White Dwarf #302 (MARCH) Terrain Question

Post by DeathKorps »

Hopefully I am not violating anything by posting this here:

In this issue of white dwarf they show a hobbit hole in detail. They do not state how this long grass is created. The material list shows only static grass & flock being used... I contend this is not static grass unless it was specially cut for GW... I would like to duplicate this grass as it looks very realistic and I am hoping someone out there may know exactly what was used?

Any feedback is appreciated
thanks!
DK
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I know..

Post by MagickalMemories »

They're calling it static grass, but I don't think that's what it is, technically.

Woodland scenics makes a long grass like that. You can get it at any decent hobby shop that supports model railroading. Many of OUR type of hobby shops carry it, too.

Alternately, you can get a fine bristled paint brush (the kind you'd do interior or exterior house painting with) and cut off the bristles as needed.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
DeathKorps ( 112 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by DeathKorps »

I have some of that long grass for trains but it didn't seem to be the same stuff at a glance... the stuff they used seemed to behave like static grass which is what had me wondering. I haven't experimented to heavily with the stuff I have so maybe I will give it a go and see if I can pull the same effect

thanks for the input :)

Mark
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Okay.

Post by MagickalMemories »

Okay.
this time, I actually pulled out my copy of 302 and LOOKED AT IT <G> before responding.
I see what you mean.
This is not regular static grass. Also, it's not what I was referring to.
If I recall, I have seen something like it in the Woodland Scenics range.

Also, try MicroMark (www.micromark.com) They have a great deal of stuff... although, IMO, you'd be better off just ordering their catalog & looking through it.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
DeathKorps ( 112 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by DeathKorps »

I'm convinced GW had that specially cut lol :P It looks awesome I may have to email them or right to Dirty and see if they will reveal their secret sauce :P

I will check out the site thanks!

Mark

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”