What qualifies for negative feedback?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

What qualifies for negative feedback?

Post by vurumai »

When does one leave bad feedback? There is a resource for deadbeat traders and dirtbags. there is even a forum for untouchables. Those measures are a bit extreme. What I am going for is when do I leave neutral or negative feedback?
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
porkuslime ( 3094 )
Gentleman Sadist

Re: What qualifies for negative feedback?

Post by porkuslime »

It tends to be subjective.

There is no "Rule" about it, other than anything in the Bad Trade area should end up with negative..

Do you wish to share the situation?
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2.

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.

I use the Unofficial Porkuslime Trading Guidelines - if you have way less refs.. you ship first.

Folks I am awaiting a ref from.. Zack

USPS Mail Fraud
FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.40korigins.com - Bringing 40k events to the Origins Game Fair!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Back in "the day," there was a printed reference for a guide. It was something like:

Positive: Great trade. Would gladly deal together again.
Neutral: Some problems. May or May not be willing to deal together again.
Negative: Huge problems. Definitely would never deal togther again.

Like Pork said, though... if you want to share details without naming the person, we can give you a better informed opinion on things.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
vurumai ( 458 )
Resident Trader

Post by vurumai »

I've had to unpleasant dealings with BTers lately and want to leave Negative or neutral feedback as a reminder for myself but also as a warning to other BTers. I'll give you the best of the bad lot.

Trader PMed me in response to a bits wanted post. Said he had just what I wanted and rattled off some interesting but non-specific bits. PMed back stating interest and asking for a list or preferably pictures. He says that he will get me pictures as soon as he can but is busy. I PM back with a potential offer and he PMs right back with a counter offer. Going pretty well. then he drops off the face of the earth for days. I give him plenty of time then PM him again to remind him that we're talking about a trade and ask for any pictures. He says that he will get me pictures or a list as soon as he can but it will probably after the weekend. Weekend comes and goes and I give him a couple of extra days just to see if he will PM me. Doesn't. I get frustrated and cancel the trade.

Now, could he just be forgetful? Maybe. Could my PMs be getting lost in the shuffle of what he claims are a flurry of emails and life in general? Certainly. Is it frustrating? Yes. I felt like I had to hold this guy's hand and walk him through the trade while he is really not doing anything than string me along. There is no way I am going to trade with him if this is how he operates.

I am probably just a little frustrated and upset about not being able to get the bits that he promised and being jerked about for weeks. I've marked this BTer as a foe and that is probably all that I need to do.
1. Every PM deserves a timely response.
2. Everyone has a busy life but anyone should be able to respond to a PM within 24 hours.
3. Lowest rating ships or pays first unless specifically otherwise arranged.
4. Lowest rating leaves Reference first.
5. No international deals unless agreed to explicitly in PM.
6. Everything ships with tracking. Items of sufficient value should be insured by the shipper.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Ah.
I see.

Well, in the case above, you cannot leave a reference. From what I can see above, you never actually agreed to a trade. So, you are not allowed to leave him a reference.

What you need is a DNT list (Do Not Trade). I suggest a few 3x5 cards that you keep next to your computer. You run into someone you won't deal with again, just scribble their ID on that card. Double check it in the future when responding to PM's or before responding to ads.
There are a lot of us who do something like that.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

Vurumai, that would qualify for a backout.
I use the old rule for negative feedback. Such a bad deal, that you'd never trade/buy/sell with this person again and want to warn others.

If the stuff came and wasn't what was promised; either mis-represented [NIB and not, parts missing, wrong sculpt or wrong version] or so poorly painted that it NEEDED stripping [and wasn't stated so]. Items just thrown in a box and they were broken. [had that happen with Ebay and a deal here.]
And he didn't or won't try to correct the situation. [I got 4 vehicles that were broken and they were just crammed in a box with no padding or protection. They had several layers of paint, bits broken off and multiple colors of base paint. The sellers answer was, "What did you expect for the price I sold them for?"]

For rude behavior or people who over-state they items worth & understate your items, [I call them used car dealers.] I have a personal do not trade list.

I know that it's been stated, in private or public, others here have a list.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

kturock wrote:Vurumai, that would qualify for a backout.
It actually wouldn't, kt. Not according to what is above.
Although they TALKED about a trade, I don't see an agreement indicated there. They have to have agreed on a trade, terms, etc.

Eric

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:
kturock wrote:Vurumai, that would qualify for a backout.
It actually wouldn't, kt. Not according to what is above.
Although they TALKED about a trade, I don't see an agreement indicated there. They have to have agreed on a trade, terms, etc.

Eric

OOPPSSS, your right. I thought it said they agreed.
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
Scott_K ( 30 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Scott_K »

What about dbags that send you ridiculously lowball offers? Say for example, the OP sends me a PM offering $100 for items that are listed in a trade thread for $270. Can we leave negative feedback for trolling offers such as that?
pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

Scott_K wrote:What about dbags that send you ridiculously lowball offers? Say for example, the OP sends me a PM offering $100 for items that are listed in a trade thread for $270. Can we leave negative feedback for trolling offers such as that?
No. That wasn't a trade, so no feedback. And it's not a backout since no agreement was reached.

I find a simple "I currently have it listed at X; Your offer places the items at 20% retail, which is far below my current prices. Thanks for the offer, but I will decline." works fine.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

pretre wrote:
Scott_K wrote:What about douchebags that send you ridiculously lowball offers? Say for example, the OP sends me a PM offering $100 for items that are listed in a trade thread for $270. Can we leave negative feedback for trolling offers such as that?
No. That wasn't a trade, so no feedback. And it's not a backout since no agreement was reached.

I find a simple "I currently have it listed at X; Your offer places the items at 20% retail, which is far below my current prices. Thanks for the offer, but I will decline." works fine.
Then start a folder called dbags or do not trade or such and then put their pm in it. That way you have your own list of people you'd rather not deal wih; or make sure it's a great deal.

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

kturock wrote:
pretre wrote:
Scott_K wrote:What about douchebags that send you ridiculously lowball offers? Say for example, the OP sends me a PM offering $100 for items that are listed in a trade thread for $270. Can we leave negative feedback for trolling offers such as that?

Then start a folder called dbags or do not trade or such and then put their pm in it. That way you have your own list of people you'd rather not deal wih; or make sure it's a great deal.
Meh, I don't know about that.

I've had people lowball me before and we still came to an agreement at a later time. It seems odd to me though that you would need a folder/system to keep track of negatives. I don't think I would forget the name of someone who screwed me.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

I didn't say screwed, I said was a dbag.
I've had people send me pm's cussing me out and attacking me. I've been a member since 1996. I read so many posts and stories that names merge. Keeping A folder is the only way to keep names straight. Hey, don't you owe me a Imperial knight? ;-) [j/k]

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Edited some posts.
I can deal with dbag, but only barely. I'd prefer THAT term not even be used in the public forums.
Definitely do not use the FULL word, though, please.
Thank you.

Eric

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

kturock wrote: Hey, don't you owe me a Imperial knight? ;-) [j/k]
Nope, other way around. You have a tracking number for me?

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”