Board Update! (Report issues here)

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Re: Board Update! (Report issues here)

Post by YoungWolf777 »

I have yet to get a PM notification, but the time is working properly now. :)
YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

What a day. I'm sure Plarz has had his hands full today. I get the following message when trying to access PMs:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'bt_privmsgs' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [1194]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: bartertown.notifier@gmail.com
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

YoungWolf777 wrote:What a day. I'm sure Plarz has had his hands full today. I get the following message when trying to access PMs:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'bt_privmsgs' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [1194]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: bartertown.notifier@gmail.com
Yes. I've been fighting stuff all day, which is why the board has been so hit or miss.

I appreciate your patience while I work on these problems.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
No, no, guard, turn, parry, dodge, spin and - then - thrust!
Plarzoid.com: A Miniatures Blog
Currently trading with: - | Owed Refs from: - | Owe refs to: -
If I owe you a ref, PM me!
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Thank you, Plarz. The site has been far better off since you came on board to help us.

I know how infrequent compliments can come in for those who keep the place running, and I want you to know that we notice and appreciate you.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

MagickalMemories wrote:Thank you, Plarz. The site has been far better off since you came on board to help us.

I know how infrequent compliments can come in for those who keep the place running, and I want you to know that we notice and appreciate you.
Thanks! Today was a mess, but I finally caught the person spamming the board, which was eating up all the server resources. The site should be running much smoother and faster now. A$$hole was causing an 800% increase in server resource usage. Not only are they banned, but the loophole they were using to break the database has been closed.

Notice:
I expect the PM/Thread Reply Notification system to be hit or miss for about a day or two. Due to some limitations Gmail has, I've had to implement a few workarounds that will take a day or so to take effect. If the weekend rolls around, and you still aren't getting e-mail notifications and you should be, let me know.

Either reply to this thread, PM me, or shoot an e-mail to the notifier bot: bartertown.notifier [at] gmail.com.
MagickalMemories wrote:Please, nobody take this the wrong way when I say... Plarz, I love you.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

Plarz wrote:Notice:
I expect the PM/Thread Reply Notification system to be hit or miss for about a day or two. Due to some limitations Gmail has, I've had to implement a few workarounds that will take a day or so to take effect. If the weekend rolls around, and you still aren't getting e-mail notifications and you should be, let me know.
Google Fail. They're just too good for their own good! Google's not going to work for us. We just have too many e-mails to send, and since they look the same, Google's freaking out that we're spamming you guys. I'd rather have the occasional individual not get e-mails than see everyone's e-mails getting bounced back.

Board e-mails will now , and continue to, come from the old admin [at] bartertown.com address.

Sorry for any inconvenience switching back causes you. If you stop getting e-mails, let me know and we'll track down what's going on.
Plarz ( 362 )
The Technomage

Post by Plarz »

RE: Board outage for a bit today

Oops.
valdric ( 152 )
Trade Novice

Post by valdric »

is anyone having problems accessing Bartertown? Last week, my browser stated that Bartertown was a 'suspicious website.' I didn't log in and the next day it was gone and I could enter the site no problem. Since then, I have had difficulty getting the BT page to load. This morning I couldn't get the page to load for about an hour (8:45-10:00 am CST). However, just now I had no problem getting the page to load.

I don't know if the suspicious website issue is in anyway relevant, but since then, I've had problems getting the page to load. I've tried different web browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) and different computers, so I'm fairly certain that it isn't my computer. Just curious
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

The "suspicious website" thing was a Google issue. We sent them an email and they fixed it.

As for the log in problems, see if this helps:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157540

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
valdric ( 152 )
Trade Novice

Post by valdric »

Excellent, this answers all my questions. Thanks!!!
amrogers3 ( 160 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by amrogers3 »

Don't know if this has been covered yet but I cannot get search to work. I have tried multiple times over several days and all I get is this no matter what search operators I use:

Code: Select all

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: rhino.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: rhino marine space.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Feedback owed by jpgr222, wonkobaggins, theredbaronx, thecardogre, Kinnuar
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

That's not a bug. It's just a factor of the phpbb software. Our site uses those words a LOT, so the software won't let you search for them.

Eric

YoungWolf777 ( 1146 )
Millenium Trader

Post by YoungWolf777 »

To get around it, try adding wildcards to your search:

*rhino
That usually does the trick.
Captain_Obvious ( 82 )
BTown Regular

Post by Captain_Obvious »

Im still not getting email notifications when I get a new PM. Thanks!
***I prefer not to do International Deals as shipping costs are quite oppressive...

***The most common definition for "retail" is what you can buy something for in the store, not some online wholesale outlet. Thus, when you trade something retail for retail you are trading for the value in the LGS. If Im selling for 50% of retail, thats 50% of what you'd pay at your LGS.

***Please have the decency to answer my PMs, even if its just to say "no thanks"...
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

That is not updated to the board update last November:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=151836

Eric

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”