Missing References?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Cervantes3773 ( 40 )
BTown Regular

Missing References?

Post by Cervantes3773 »

I completed a trade with a new member (firmlog) and it went great! However, he recently told me that I had not left a reference for him. Which is weird because I left a glowing one the day I received the items. I did a bit of snooping and found out that another guy I traded with doesn't have the reference I left for him.

Is there some sort of Reference Purgatory that mine are languishing in or do I just need to post another one? As good as these trades were, I'd rather not double up on their references...

Anyway, I PM'd Lin about 3 or 4 days ago and haven't heard back. I'm sure he gets swamped and I understand, but I would like to get this taken care of. These two guys do deserve good references.

Thanks guys!

BTers who owe me a reference:
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Missing References?

Post by MagickalMemories »

You probably didn't complete the reference procedure.
After you put in all the reference detail & hit "Submit," you aren't done.
It takes you to another screen that asks if you're sure you want to leave the reference (gives you a chance to have second thoughts, if you blasted someone for a bad experience). If you don't hit the "Yes" button, it isn't saved to their records.

There is no problem with the reference system right now, so that is the only possibility I can see at this time.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

Also, if you don't hit good, bad, or neutral; it won't go through either.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
Cervantes3773 ( 40 )
BTown Regular

Post by Cervantes3773 »

Thank you. Seems I conveniently forgot how to complete a reference despite having done so several times before. :oops:

/To the Good-Reference-Mobile!

BTers who owe me a reference:

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”