Harry Potter- Deathly Hallows Pt 1 teaser

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Harry Potter- Deathly Hallows Pt 1 teaser

Post by MagickalMemories »

Last night, I got my hands on a copy of the Harry Potter leak. It's the first 36(ish) minutes of the movie.
I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it and what they think.

SEMI SPOILERS (about the video, not the movie) TO FOLLOW.

Personally, the diminished video and audio quality, as well as the "WB" watermark, didn't really diminish the experience for me. I just watched it with a speaker against my ear and was engrossed enough that the reduced video quality & watermark were rarely noticed.
I'll be honest... While I initially intended to see the movie within it's first month of release, I wasn't really excited about it or anything. Having seen this teaser though, I'm kind of amped. I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole (real) thing, now.

I suspect I'll be seeing it Thanksgiving weekend.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
alienated_one ( 294 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Harry Potter- Deathly Hallows Pt 1 teaser

Post by alienated_one »

Thats good to hear. I'm probably going to go see it on Saturday or Sunday. I'm glad that i'm not going to be disappointed on this :)

Thanks, MM.
Alienated_One's Rules:
1. Lower Rating Ships first, unless we agree otherwise.
2. I will answer any PMs that are sent to me, I would appreciate it if you answered my PMs, even with a simple no.

Tip:
If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: Harry Potter- Deathly Hallows Pt 1 teaser

Post by MagickalMemories »

SEMI SPOILER ALERT!!!
SEMI SPOILER ALERT!!!
SEMI SPOILER ALERT!!!

The wife's a big HP fan (books & movies). It was too late at night for her, so she opted out of it last night.
I gave her the brief run down of how it went, and she was a bit disappointed because they don't go into details about the Dursley's (sp?) leaving (apparently, there's a "touching" scene between HP & Dudley in the book that isn't in the part of the movie I saw) and there's no description of Mad Eye dying.
However it describes it in the book, it does nothing of the sort in the movie. Someone just arrives at the Weasley's place and announces that Mad Eye died.

So, I can't say you won't be disappointed. Usually, if you read the book before seeing the movie, you get that "They left out XYZ" feeling. I'm sure there will be plenty of that in this.
Myself, I can see the value in leaving out the scene with Dudley, but I'd think any fight with grumpy ol Mad Eye in it could make for some good watching (unless it was relatively uneventful in the book). Especially in what will, essentially, turn out to be a 6 hour movie.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”