The World is Coming to an End!!!

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

The World is Coming to an End!!!

Post by oaflord »

AKA... GW has officially announced Dark Eldar are coming!

I know there were rumours and solid ones at that, but to have an official announcement of the impossible????

YAY!!!

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Re: The World is Coming to an End!!!

Post by MagickalMemories »

When I saw the subject line, I thought that was where this thread was going.

Make me glad I've done nothing more than collect come Blood Angel stuff. I think I'll be trading it for Dark Eldar stuff. Heck, the army might SUCK... but, at least, I'll be the only guy in my game group who plays them (that is a difficult thing to do... only Necrons could also get me that distinction).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

DE..I thougnt it was a new army like chaos dwarfs or such..
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

You serious?
I thought you played, "Back in the day?" Dark Eldar had their last codex made in 2nd edition. They've been around that long.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
wookieegunner ( 66 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by wookieegunner »

Um, you did notice he referenced Chaos Dwarfs, right? You know the Warhammer Fantasy equivalent to Squats.
By trading with me you agree that all signature based trade rules are not in force. If it isn't in the PM thread then it doesn't apply.
blackspade ( 450 )
Expert Trader

Post by blackspade »

wookieegunner wrote:Um, you did notice he referenced Chaos Dwarfs, right? You know the Warhammer Fantasy equivalent to Squats.
I thought it might be the squats, but that would be Hell freezing over! :)
Skol!
kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

DE might not have had a new codex since 2nd ed..same with orks, but they're not new..just delayed.

Squats haven't been around in forvere..neither have chaos dwarfs or even harlies..[the last harlies aren't really harlies.]
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
oaflord ( 196 )
Bartertown Watchman

Post by oaflord »

blackspade wrote:
wookieegunner wrote:Um, you did notice he referenced Chaos Dwarfs, right? You know the Warhammer Fantasy equivalent to Squats.
I thought it might be the squats, but that would be Hell freezing over! :)
No, hell freezing over would be the Toronto Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup. :mrgreen:

That being said, I am looking forward to seeing new models, but the new Dex is what is SEVERELY needed. My best friend plays DEldar and I know he is ecstatic. I haven't even talked to him yet about it but I know. Been a long time coming...

oAF
References owed to me: fhoenix, razley, MEversbergII
References owed by me: None.
MagickalMemories wrote:I think it was best said by Oaflord, with his 14 rating. Smart fella, there.
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaflord... You're a Dork! (Put THAT in your sig line!)
MagickalMemories wrote:Oaf... Yer still a flippin' idiot. Some things just don't change. :wink:
Magickalmemories wrote:That oaflord! He's one heck of a great guy!
MagickalMemories wrote:Oh, God, oAF! You did it. You drank it. Now, you're dooooooomed.
MagickalMemories wrote:No... it makes you a HERO! (in reference to me)
HarlequinZero ( 218 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by HarlequinZero »

DE were introduced as a playable army with the release of the 3rd edition box game. They were non-existant model wise in 2nd edition as far as I'm aware.
Brain wrote:The game does not conclude until the woman with the eating disorder ululates.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

kturock wrote:DE might not have had a new codex since 2nd ed..same with orks, but they're not new..just delayed.

Squats haven't been around in forvere..neither have chaos dwarfs or even harlies..[the last harlies aren't really harlies.]
Maybe I misunderstood?
I read your post & thought you were saying you thought DE were a new race for 40K (wargame only, obviously).

Eric

kturock ( 590 )

Post by kturock »

MagickalMemories wrote:
kturock wrote:DE might not have had a new codex since 2nd ed..same with orks, but they're not new..just delayed.

Maybe I misunderstood?
I read your post & thought you were saying you thought DE were a new race for 40K (wargame only, obviously).

Eric

No, no, no. I was saying I thought something that was discontinued..or no longer officially supported; [like harlies, squats, chaos dwarves] was released.

I new codex for a neglected army is just a token or carrot on a stick to old players.

Ironhide ( 92 )
Technicolor Messiah

Post by Ironhide »

And now begins the jumping on of the DE bandwagon. It's coming. You all know it.
"You can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need." - The Rolling Stones
FBI Internet Fraud Center http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/
USPS Mail Fraud http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms ... laint.aspx

If you don't have your Location listed in your User Control Panel, why not take a second and update it? It will let your trading partners know where you are from the beginning.
getupandgo ( 786 )
Expert Trader

Post by getupandgo »

If the poisoned weapons rumors are true, DE will be a rock vs. the tyranid's scissors.
Always ship with delivery confirmation, I do the same.

Rating of less than 100 (or with no known traders)? You ship first (for trades and purchases), otherwise, we can ship simultaneously.

YOU must ship your package; not your wife, friend, lover, cousin, or dog. If you are not able to ship packages yourself, then please don't work out a deal with me.
Gaijin18 ( 272 )
Resident Trader

Post by Gaijin18 »

SQAUTS!

er I mean bout time.I do not play them but always found DE fun to play against. So what if you don't always win,tis a game and hobby after all not a my army is god crap.

Wonder if they will ever get to redoing sisters...hope they dont ruin the DE army style of play.
"Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant"

Black Templar-24,000+
Imperial Guard
Gaunts Ghost -2,000
Victoria's Own 33rd of Foot-2,000
Sisters of battle-2,500
Loyal Chaos Marines-2,000
Legio I Italica-8.000

Bretonnians 3,000plus
starslayer ( 560 )
Millenium Trader