FYI: Swoopo.com; bid @ your own risk

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Sturm2k ( 202 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: FYI: Swoopo.com; bid @ your own risk

Post by Sturm2k »

Just wanted to add a note that I notice another website just like this called Quibids. These are not really scam sites. You know what you are getting into before you buy your bids. Do the math before hand. You just have to get really really really lucky. I would rather play the lottery.
LOWEST feedback pays / ships first. No exceptions even for myself. You have to earn trust on this site. Feedback is everything.
I packaged my models in Bubble wrap. I expect the same. So please package up the stuff nicely!
I never ask for something that I would not do myself.

People who owe me Refs :( - Rayjbaker -
joko12 ( 118 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by joko12 »

I have a buddy that uses Beezid and it works but you have to get lucky and be on at weird hours of the day to get anything done. But he has gotten some sweet deals for things that would normally cost a ton of money.

This guy sums it up well too

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 239AAVEApF
Wag-A-Tail ( 6 )
BTown Regular

Post by Wag-A-Tail »

Is it the highest bidder or random drawing of the bids? How does it work? It sounds what we describe as being the Chineese auction?
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

You pay for bids.
Let's say, hypothetically, you pay $5.00 US for 10 bids.

There's an item, say a camera, that's at $99.50 with 2 minutes left. You want it, so you bid.
The camera is now at $99.51, you have 9 bids remaining, and there is a certain amount of time (say, 3 minutes) added to the auction.
So, now it's $99.51 with 5 minutes remaining.
Now, someone else bids. the price goes up a penny, 3 more minutes are added to the auction time, and that bid you paid $.50 for? It's gone.
Whoever ends up winning the auction has to buy the item at the sale price. So if that camera went for $100, and they put 10 bids into it (at, say, $.50 each), then they're into the camera for $105 US. That's not bad.
On the other hand, to get to $100, that means 10,000 bids (at $.50 or whatever each) were placed on the item. So, the company hosting the item REALLY made their money on all those bids that didn't end up winning the item.

It's a very basic explanation of how it works, but it covers the basics. Make sense?

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”