Does anyone know werelizard in real life?

Information for new users, random messages, and stuff that doesn't go anywhere else. NO TRADE ADS!!! This forum is for Bartertown related information/messages ONLY.

Moderator: Moderators

Norgarth ( 0 )
New Trader

Re: Does anyone know werelizard in real life?

Post by Norgarth »

I’ve reached out every way I know how to him at this point.

I’m going to stop putting energy into this until Friday and then I’ll pursue this as far as I can. Hopefully he will contact me with some sort of explanation.

It seems really strange to burn his accounts over $285 worth of models when he has so much stuff listed, so I’m willing to listen but I need some sort of real communication from him.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

I would say if you don’t hear back Friday, PayPal dispute. Freezes his money, so even if he sells more of his stuff it’s stuck there, and if he can’t prove he shipped it’s pretty much an auto in your favor if you have to escalate to a claim.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I will be doing what I can to help.

I've had a few people message me about werelizard's trading practices and I am honestly not impressed.

I will be speaking to the staff regarding the concerns.

Please keep us updated.

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'd like to add that PMing a Mod (or Admin *ahem*) directly is never EVER the best first course of action. It's always better to go to the "Have Questions..." forum first. You'll get views from any staff member who sees it (and they SHOULD reply when they do), as well as a slew of experienced members who are happy to share their experiences.

If you're going to PM one of us directly, that's fine... but understand that you're subject to the whims of our real life schedules, and be willing to wait for however long it takes. We don't MIND it if you PM us directly... but you're better off NOT doing that.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Raiven Claw ( 234 )
Resident Trader

Post by Raiven Claw »

Thank you for helping out 3eland.
If you can't find my reference here is my link ref_view.php?user_id=311
*My rules:
.I ship anywhere
.If you don't know what you want, don't waste my time
.Buyer always pay shipping, unless otherwise
.Don't compare my value's with ebay's
.I'm actaully allot more friendlier than I sound
Norgarth ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Norgarth »

Last contact from him was yesterday saying he was sending the package today and would post the tracking on all channels.

It’s past closing time for the post office in Florida and I haven’t heard anything from him.

I’m on my phone away from my PC until Sunday but when I can I will be compiling the chat logs and posting the BTR thread since frankly, he should be banned from
here regardless of whether he intends to get around to fulfilling his contracts or not. Totally ignoring people that have sent money in good faith is incredibly disrespectful and completely unacceptable.

Additionally, I will be filing police reports in both my location and his, and pursuing every available avenue to resolve this. Losing the money isn’t the problem for me here, and I’m not going to let it go.
kturock ( 590 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock »

USPS locations in Florida close at different times. Your time stamp in 6:42 pm. The office I work in is open to either 8 or 9.

But everything you say is valid.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777
werelizard ( 108 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by werelizard »

Hi all, I have one by one gotten every deal done, on that side have no worries. This entire year has been one thing after another. Last month I felt secure enough to start some trades, and had a major rug pulled out from under me. I have been on contact with every person I'm dealing with, and all deals will be fulfilled. Aside from time issues, every trade I have been involved in has completed. Hope that helps. If its ever a mystery to people my email is the same as my user name, at aol.com.

-Mike
Norgarth ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Norgarth »

Your latest email said I was supposed to have tracking yesterday at around 9am CST. Still nothing. Any plans to send me that at any point ever?

And your claims about your major rug pull last week, you committed to send my models a week prior to that. I’m not particularly sympathetic to your excuse because you were ignoring my attempts to communicate with you well before whatever the latest catastrophe was in your life.

To be clear, it’s your disrespectful refusal to communicate with people you have obligations to that is bothering me.

Please send me tracking ASAP.
Norgarth ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Norgarth »

werelizard has sent me tracking as of today. I will update the thread accordingly when the package arrives.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

I was on vacation (a much needed one) and just got back.

I will go over everything sometime today.

I'm glad a tracking number was supplied, please keep us updated.

Ryan
~Ryan~

Norgarth ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Norgarth »

Package arrived today with all items accounted for. I consider the transaction completed. Thanks everyone.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Is anyone else currently dealing with Werelizard?

I'd like to know if there are other outstanding trades.

Thanks,

Ryan
~Ryan~

Etherwizard ( 120 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Etherwizard »

@3eland

I concluded a purchase from Werelizard a couple of weeks ago. There is only one model missing but I’m letting it slide for now. It was just a simple mis-count apparently.

Communication was touch & go there for a while but we got everything else sorted out. Werelizard is worthy of our trust even if it takes a while for him to get back to us.
Norgarth ( 0 )
New Trader

Post by Norgarth »

Etherwizard wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:07 am
@3eland

I concluded a purchase from Werelizard a couple of weeks ago. There is only one model missing but I’m letting it slide for now. It was just a simple mis-count apparently.

Communication was touch & go there for a while but we got everything else sorted out. Werelizard is worthy of our trust even if it takes a while for him to get back to us.
He's really not. After his excuses on the last fiasco of a trade I went through with him, I felt bad for him and arranged for a 50% up front and 50% on delivery trade for a total of $900.

I sent him the $450 the morning we agreed to make the deal, with the agreement that he would actually send out the package via 2 day priority on the following Monday. Weeks later after a ton of haranguing he sent me UPS tracking that has still never been updated to show dropped off to the carrier. He proceeded to ignore every attempt at contact with him since September 6 when he lied and told me he dropped the package off Saturday.

I'm currently waiting for Paypal to resolve my dispute and return my money, nothing has updated on the tracking and nothing has arrived.

Return to “Bartertown Information and Misc Messages”