Trades down?

Anything else.. come on in, and pull up a seat.

Moderator: Moderators

usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

Trades down?

Post by usernamesareannoying »

Just wondering if anyone else feels trades are down?
Does the site keep any stats or anything?
Just something that came to mind and i thought I’d see what you guys thought.
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Re: Trades down?

Post by 3eland »

This would be a Plarz thing (re: Stats). He sees everything.

As an admin, I'd have to say the frequency of postings haven't changed much at all. If anything, I'd say they've gone up. As for the completion of sale/trade, I couldn't say.

R
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Well, I took about a year and a half hiatus, where life got SUPER busy. Even now, I'm not on like I USED TO be... and I definitely saw a difference in ads in the 40k forum from before I disappeared until I got back. Used to be that the first page would fill (or come close) on a regular basis. It seems to top out at a half a page a day, typically, now.
But this place HAS been cyclical since I've joined... we've gone through periods of slowness. So, it doesn't surprise me.

Plus, it seems to me that the feeling of wanting it NOW, as opposed to waiting for things has just continued to increase. So, many (esp. younger) traders seem willing to visit places like FB for trades. IMO, trading with us is more secure than FB, but there's a far smaller audience. They seem willing to take that risk to cast the wider net.

No actual facts to back that up, mind you. Just an opinion I've formed after years of anecdotal evidence.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

Post by usernamesareannoying »

Yeah i was just going with gut feeling. Nothing official really.
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
reegsk ( 478 )
Millenium Trader

Post by reegsk »

Personally I buy and sell a lot on FB, because I always use PayPal and have that if things go awry. But if I am looking to trade, I try to keep it here. There're no guarantees on FB!
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

No 100% guarantees with Paypal, though, really.

Sure 9/10 you're good, but I've read some pretty chilling stories where Paypal did nothing and people were out a lot of money.

I find it's uncommon in local trade groups, but the international ones are a toss. I actually saw one of our fellow bad apples in a trade group once. Had to PM the admins their bad apple post here so they knew they had a scammer in their group.

R
~Ryan~

Bradgar ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Bradgar »

I recently listed a bunch of models and bits that I am looking to trade, all 40k stuff. I will be posting it again at the end of this week, it might still be on the GW Futuristic page titled 'Collection Motherload'.
Tryntius ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Tryntius »

Warmachine/Hordes trades seem way down. But I think that has more to do with how Privateer Press has destroyed themselves.
Reading a message and then taking days to respond is quite rude. I get busy schedules, I have one too; but if you have time to read a message, then you have the 30 seconds it takes to shoot a few sentences off.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.

If you agree to purchase an item from me (I'm not referring to trades), you have 48 hours to make payment through Paypal for that item. If you don't, the item will be up for sale again.

I only ship in the CONUS.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Tryntius wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:22 pm
Warmachine/Hordes trades seem way down. But I think that has more to do with how Privateer Press has destroyed themselves.
Yeah, up here in Canada, WM/H is so dead, my buddy can't find anyone to trade his lot worth 5000 USD, for even a single 100 USD start collecting Warhammer box.

They really did a number to themselves.

R
~Ryan~

pretre ( 1340 )
Millenium Trader

Post by pretre »

3eland wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:12 pm
Tryntius wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:22 pm
Yeah, up here in Canada, WM/H is so dead, my buddy can't find anyone to trade his lot worth 5000 USD, for even a single 100 USD start collecting Warhammer box.

They really did a number to themselves.

R
Yeah, we are one of the only companies still buying it now. We buy real low and piece it out.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126 x2, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2, weebph, fuzzystrawberry, godswildcard, rawfist, snakezit, thelaric, dagna, callidusx3, ccaine1
tordeck ( 248 )
Expert Trader

Post by tordeck »

I think its mostly that forums as a whole are dead/dying. Most people are just trading on FB and Reddit.
Buying or Trading, Lower Rating Ships First.
I Trade within the United States only.
I only use and accept Cash App or USPS Money Orders for payments.

The Dark City
bbb ( 94 )
BTown Regular

Post by bbb »

To an extent I think we used to have to search out online communities to be a part of, but now it's easy for anyone to just look for a FB group and join.
Tryntius ( 128 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Tryntius »

pretre wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:49 pm
Yeah, we are one of the only companies still buying it now. We buy real low and piece it out.
I'm truly surprised you still buy it. The saddest part is that the game was one of the best miniature games I've ever played. We had a really strong competitive scene in Orlando for a long time. But PP kept shooting themselves in the foot. Then 9th rolled in like a love letter to all us former 40k players and we went back to that. For what its worth, I sold/traded most of my warmachine stuff here on B-town earlier this year, but I had to nearly give it away.

I take a slight solace in the fact that if I did want to come back to it, $100 would buy me a ton of stuff, lol.
Reading a message and then taking days to respond is quite rude. I get busy schedules, I have one too; but if you have time to read a message, then you have the 30 seconds it takes to shoot a few sentences off.

Be polite. Respond to read messages in a timely manner.

If you agree to purchase an item from me (I'm not referring to trades), you have 48 hours to make payment through Paypal for that item. If you don't, the item will be up for sale again.

I only ship in the CONUS.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Some of those WM/H models are just COOL, though. They're worth paying those cheap prices for, just to paint and display (if that's your thing).

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Bradgar ( 8 )
Apprentice Trader

Post by Bradgar »

Well that took longer than expected but I have posted my large trade/sell list.

Return to “Bartertown Cafe and Coffee”