BTR: getupandgo

These BTR's have not yet been resolved. Be wary of anyone listed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: BTR: getupandgo

Post by Eppelwhat »

I have returned the goods to getupandgo with a demand that he refund my monies and all associated shipping fees, including the shipping fees he originally paid. The weight of the package I returned to getupandgo was 13lbs 13.20oz. The USPS tracking number is 9510816202569319270194. I videotaped myself packing the box with all its associated contents.
I'm sorry, I won't trade outside the U.S., including Canada. Shipping is just far too expensive.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

Err... that should read "3" lbs, not "13."
I'm sorry, I won't trade outside the U.S., including Canada. Shipping is just far too expensive.
usernamesareannoying ( 254 )
Expert Trader

Post by usernamesareannoying »

I love demands... what happens if he doesn't?
*notes about trading with me…
I do not like drawn out deals. Id like to have a deal signed and complete within 48 hours.
I abide by the unwritten rules… lower rating ships first pays first.
I always provide delivery confirmation and expect the same.
All deals are US only.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

usernamesareannoying wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:26 am
I love demands... what happens if he doesn't?
Having seen the email, let me just say that I'm convinced the man's not playing around.
This "demand" is not just you or me making a demand.

I'll leave it up to Epplewhat to put whatever information out there that he wants to.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

USPS reports it was unable to deliver the letter or the package because "an authorized recipient was not available." See:
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 0231157548
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 9319270194
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

The following shows the latest dialogue between the parties.
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:40 pm
Please collect your mail. It has been at your post office for nearly four days.
getupandgo wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:23 am
Eppelwhat wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:47 am
Getupandgo:

I hope you read this message.

I never intended to be caustic, or rude, or impolite. I’m very sorry if you took anything I said that way. You’re a long-standing member of this community and I know it’s brought you joy from our shared hobbies. I know it has done the same for me.

Here’s what I believe: that you believe you shipped me over 200 models. They were models you wanted gone and, at one point, they may have numbered over 200. The thing is, I only received 93, which really isn’t a good deal for $250. The weight verifies that. I’m happy to return the models to you so you can verify it, too.

I really was expecting to pay about a buck and a quarter for Pulp Figures models. That’s reasonable, considering how much they go used. There are a couple Hasslefree models in here, too, but there are also some dupes which go lower. Overall, what you sent is, I’d estimate, worth around $200 at retail prices.

I understand you think there were more. Put plainly: there just weren’t at the time you sent them.

I’d like you to refund me my entire $250. I’ll foot the shipping to send them back to you. I really think this is a misunderstanding that’s escalated pretty far. I know you want to protect your reputation in the miniature gaming community. I’m also willing to post a public apology to the BTR for any rudeness on my part and to clarify this ended up being a huge misunderstanding.

Please write back when you have a moment.

I’m cc’ing Bartertown staff on this email.

Ethan
Please put the models in the mail. If what you say is true, you would have shipped them back once you got them and I offered you the refund. I don't believe you.

You lied about when you got the package. You have held these models when offered a refund, which I see as a "bargaining tactic". I offered you a simple solution and you refused to take it. That to me shows me that you're not interested in anything other than using this as a negotiating tactic, and I'm not interested.

Send them back, and let me know when they go in the mail.

Thanks.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

Omitted from the post immediately above is the email that was sent on November 15 concurrently with the mailing of a letter and the package (described above).
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

USPS reports the package and letter have been delivered.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

Getupandgo has sent, via PayPal, $231.50. He has noted the transaction as “for partial return of miniatures.” He sent it as if he was purchasing from a merchant so PayPal has charged a fee of $7.01. In total, I received $224.49 out of the $269.50, plus misc. USPS optional charges (delivery confirmation and certified, return-receipt requested mail), I paid to him.

I videotaped the repackaging. The weight on the box I sent back to him exactly matched the weight of the box he sent me. I used the same box, foam, and bags.

At this point I am asking, and asking in this forum particularly, for anyone else who has felt cheated or scammed by getupandgo to reach out to me via PM.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

Additionally, if you feel you have been cheated or scammed by GUAG, I also welcome a PM. <Admin Edit>
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Full disclosure:

I tried to reach out to GUAG about this. I wouldn't characterize the exchange as being what I deem to be productive.
This is where we sit, as of now... Epplewhat, you're going to have to chalk up the loss or continue down the road of legal options.
getupandgo wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:50 am
MagickalMemories wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:06 am
getupandgo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:11 pm
Hi Eric,
I responded. I'm not interested in getting burned on this, and have made my best and final offer. I checked and I don't have any other figures here, and I know what was included, and it's not everything that he listed in his pictures. That coupled with his willingness to lie about the date receiving it, and I have to say, I'm done. He can either return the partial stuff he got, and keep his freebies, or he can accept it as it is.

I'm basically trying to get rid of stuff I don't want, and it's not worth these headaches to do so, with people who I believe are acting deceptively.
Can you explain the weight? The weight on the package certainly doesn't match up with over 200 miniatures.

Eric
Hi Eric,
I received the package back today, along with a certified letter containing some pretty crazy falsehoods and mischaracterizations.

Ethan has been paid back $231.50 as promised. He sent me a demand letter on legal letterhead, and the postage returned somehow was almost a pound heavier than he claimed the package was when he got it (3 pounds 13 ounces on the return package, even though it's in the exact same packaging), and nearly 2 pounds lighter than when I sent it to him originally. In his letter, he threatened to sue me for defamation of character over his bartertown reputation.

This is by and far away the worst experiences I have ever had on this site or with any other deal I've ever made for anything. I'm not interested in selling or trading minis anymore over this, and I'm done.

As far as I'm concerned, I've fulfilled my obligations to him, and he's free to say or do anything he chooses. My wife is an attorney, and she laughed when I told her about this situation. He is free to attempt a lawsuit over $40 if he so wishes. He has already spent hours upon hours of this own time on this, and wasted hours of mine. If he wishes to continue, I will bill him my hourly rate of $150 an hour for the time I have already spent on this matter.

I appreciate your efforts here, and in general, but the lack of having a way to show exactly what images were included in my original posting and having posts deleted after 30 days are a significant part of why this incident occurred. I get that there are reasons why you have the system set up that way, and I'm sure you're limited in terms of the servers and space you can use, but this was the exact same problem with Von Ted and how he cut and pasted PMs and manufactured things out of thin air, which he was caught doing on The MIniatures Page by one of the other BT mods.

I don't have the energy, interest, or need to prove Ethan is a liar, but he has been shown to have fabricated when he received the package, and the package is somehow almost a full pound heavier on it's return with the alleged 93 models he received, but considerably lighter than the weight when I sent it. That doesn't add up in any way.

Anyways, I won't be posting on here anymore, but I do sincerely appreciate your efforts, regardless of if I disagree with some of the nuts and bolts around how the site works I think you can appreciate why I am in that position based on this event, and the one with Von Ted. I do think you are doing the best job you can with the given circumstances, just as I have always attempted to do. This just isn't worth the headaches.

Best regards,
Anton

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

These are untrue statements on behalf of getupand go.

First, I made no statements concerning defamation in the letter to getupandgo. Bartertown staff was cc'd on this letter.

Second, the weights were identical.

I post the weight of the package I received:
Sentfrom.jpg
I post the weight of the package I sent:
Sentto.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

I've noted that the weight is identical (I'm not quibbling over the .2 oz extra on your box, which can be accounted for by the tape you'd have used) and that the shipping cost is identical.

Eric

Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

Just to clarify, both packages are 3 lb 13.20 oz (click on the first picture to get a more precise view). Also, because I used the same packaging, getupandgo can simply remove the letter-sized piece of paper showing his address and my return address from the box to view his original shipping label (which includes the weight).

I have documented everything.
Eppelwhat ( 170 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Eppelwhat »

In light of the dialogue posted by MagickalMemories, I have sent a letter to getupandgo so as to clarify the apparent misconceptions he has.

Return to “Unresolved Bad Trader Reports”