Searching is currently broken.

We're aware that most searches result in a 504 Gateway Timeout error.

We are currently working with our host and the phpBB community to find a fix. Follow along, here.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes many of you, and we will update the thread linked when we have more information.

Thanks,
Plarz

Changes/Updates to Rule #9

Check here for proposed changes to the website. Stay On Target with your comments!

Moderator: Moderators

MagickalMemories ( 742 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Changes/Updates to Rule #9

Post by MagickalMemories » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:13 pm

The following updates/changes are being made to Rule #9. Please, pay close attention and offer any input while you can.
Thank you.

Specific changes:
Acceptable List has been streamlined
Unacceptable list has been streamlined
Line at bottom re: goods not in your possession has been added.

Eric
Rule #9: Concerning 'acceptable' trade goods people have asked about:
Nothing that violates the law in the United States. That includes copyright law, federal law, state law, local law...get the idea?

This means that ALL RECAST MODELS are not acceptable trade/sale goods. This is NOT open for debate, will get you banned, and I will forward your information to the entities you're stealing from.

No weapons of any kind. This is not a political statement, this is a rule of the website as decided by Trademaster Adam and myself.
NO FIREARMS OR WEAPONS.
Anyone who posts an ad asking for firearms or other weapons in trade for anything will be immediately and permanently banned.

Unacceptable Trade Goods People Have Asked About: (and yes, people have asked!)
• Guns, Rifles, Shotguns, Automatic or semi-automatic Firearms (any weapon that fires projectiles with the intent to maim or pierce the skin and cause bodily harm or kill).
• cans of spam,
• bows, arrows, crossbows, shuriken, shaken,
• Firearm or archery accessories are NOT acceptable.That means no magazines (what holds the bullets), clips, parts, shells, reloading equipment, gunpowder, ammunition, sights, or anything else we deem related to such.
• Animals or animal parts are NOT acceptable trade materials. We're just not going to go there. For that matter, human beings or any of their constituent parts aren't acceptable trade materials either.
• sharpened spoons, blades of any length or type, (regardless of their condition, display status, etc.), polearms
• explosives, combustibles - though cans of spray paint and primer are acceptable,
• blunt-force instruments (batons, nightsticks, tonfa, escrima, etc) or boots-to-the-head. That includes practice weapons like SCA and Olympic fencing gear, dulled aluminum samurai swords, tree branches, darts, plastic kitchenware and cooking pans.

Acceptable Trade Goods People Have Asked About:
• Paintball or Airsoft markers/guns and accessories/equipment
• "Boffer" style weapons made of PVC pipe and foam padding are acceptable. If you have questions whether or not your item qualifies as "boffer" then contact us before you post. We will clarify.

You should not trade or sell something that you or your trade partner do not have possession of. If you do, the trade is not eligible for a BTR if something goes wrong.
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

Lord Cedric ( 228 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Changes/Updates to Rule #9

Post by Lord Cedric » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:36 pm

In regards to SCA combat, while i can understand with fencing gear and their steel epees, heavy weapons fighting gear is no more dangerous than paint ball equipment. Ive been SCA fighting for 18 years and can attest to this first hand. Ive had worse blunt force trauma from a paint ball than a rattan sca sword. On top of that, while falling under in some places as "historical", SCA combat is indeed a sport.. and one of the safest ones out there.

- Robert

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Army's Collected:

Bretonnia (6000+), Dwarfs (4000+), High Elves (12,000+), Dark Elves (4000+), Wood Elves (4500+), Skaven (5000+), Orcs & Goblins (6000+), Empire (4000+), Ogre Kingdoms (4000+), Lizardmen (6000+), Vampire Counts (4000+), Tomb Kings (4000+), Chaos Warriors (4000+), Daemons (4000+), Beastmen (4000+)

"....And yes! I play them all too." :-D

pretre ( 938 )
Bartertown Plus Member

Post by pretre » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:31 pm

That one has been in there for a while. The new change is the red one.
People who owe me feedback: Aelorien Darkthorn, Arthas367x2, Bigheaddan, ccaine1, clianez2033, Close Seer, echarlie x2, gamma098, greywolf90, hot_boy_ronald, Inigo Montoya, jamshaman, jkilla, keyoftwilight, lafkak, litsnsirn, monroe126, Mournafein, noexit1982, Palados, Pappasa, prkeller, proofyeq, readingrambo, rwphillipsstl, Skuller, steellegioncpt, TheDean, Voodoopainter, xsoulgrinderx x2

Lord Cedric ( 228 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Lord Cedric » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:40 pm

pretre wrote:That one has been in there for a while. The new change is the red one.
Yep. Im well aware of that. But i felt my thoughts on the matter needed to be conveyed.

Regarding recasts... while there are many already out there, it is possible that some get traded and the previous owner not even aware as some recasts are that good.

That being said, I'd think that the primary actual recast store/online seller should be slapped with copyright infringement. But thats a bit different to this.

I'd rather see monies go towards original IP company than a recaster. So I'd support this change.

- Robert

Army's Collected:

Bretonnia (6000+), Dwarfs (4000+), High Elves (12,000+), Dark Elves (4000+), Wood Elves (4500+), Skaven (5000+), Orcs & Goblins (6000+), Empire (4000+), Ogre Kingdoms (4000+), Lizardmen (6000+), Vampire Counts (4000+), Tomb Kings (4000+), Chaos Warriors (4000+), Daemons (4000+), Beastmen (4000+)

kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:16 am

Lord Cedric wrote:In regards to SCA combat, while i can understand with fencing gear and their steel epees, heavy weapons fighting gear is no more dangerous than paint ball equipment. Ive been SCA fighting for 18 years and can attest to this first hand. Ive had worse blunt force trauma from a paint ball than a rattan sca sword. On top of that, while falling under in some places as "historical", SCA combat is indeed a sport.. and one of the safest ones out there.

- Robert

As an ex-SCAidian, who still was some old stuff, I could understand the block on selling weapons. Bot metal and rattan wear and I know a couple guys who wear out the wood in a couple uses and you only can tell it's worn by a severe check.
Same with armor. Metal fatigue.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

Lord Cedric ( 228 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Lord Cedric » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:23 am

kturock wrote:
Lord Cedric wrote:In regards to SCA combat, while i can understand with fencing gear and their steel epees, heavy weapons fighting gear is no more dangerous than paint ball equipment. Ive been SCA fighting for 18 years and can attest to this first hand. Ive had worse blunt force trauma from a paint ball than a rattan sca sword. On top of that, while falling under in some places as "historical", SCA combat is indeed a sport.. and one of the safest ones out there.

- Robert

As an ex-SCAidian, who still was some old stuff, I could understand the block on selling weapons. Bot metal and rattan wear and I know a couple guys who wear out the wood in a couple uses and you only can tell it's worn by a severe check.
It's no different than wear on paint ball guns etc or any other type of sport. Sorry, just don't agree nor see a valid reason currently. I'd suggest even paint ball be banned from trade as it's right up there to welts on body.

But, not my site and not my rules. I'll obey them and respect them, but my opinion on this has yet to waver.

- Robert

Army's Collected:

kturock ( 566 )
2014 Painting Challenge Champion!

Post by kturock » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:48 am

Lord Cedric wrote:
kturock wrote:

- Robert

It's no different than wear on paint ball guns etc or any other type of sport. Sorry, just don't agree nor see a valid reason currently. I'd suggest even paint ball be banned from trade as it's right up there to welts on body.

But, not my site and not my rules. I'll obey them and respect them, but my opinion on this has yet to waver.

- Robert

You can repair paint guns. You can get new parts. You can show that it's broken and it can be replaced. But worn out rattan or metal can't be repaired; only replaced.
And some parts of it aren't visible until used or it breaks.
Heh, I was called a Grognard. ;-)
MY ALWAYS TRADE LIST: Scar Weaver, wmeredith, bloodstrike, tionas, wetstone, Frank Austin, akum, SW-DABOSS, Galador, nahatley, Joeb, Squeakula, mongse, con-fusion, basaint, jugglingfool, IsaiahTheBarbarian, Purple40k, Standard of War, BA-Best .

USPS Postal Inspectors: 1-877-876-2455
USPS complaint center delivery problem, lost mail, track & confirm, etc. 1-800-275-8777

MagickalMemories ( 742 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:50 pm

For a general Rules (or other) discussion, please start a new topic in an appropriate place (Bartertown Information & Misc Messages for rules, a discussion forum for the wear & tear on items, etc).
The only discussion appropriate HERE is regarding the specific addition to the rules as indicated in blue font. Any other discussion it off topic.

Thank you.

Eric

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.

MagickalMemories ( 742 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:05 am

Having been left to sit FAR too long, Rule 9 has finally been updated.
Eric

Return to “Public Comments on Proposed Changes”