Moravian- Backout

They're not Bad Traders per se but they are REALLY annoying. Tell us about them here. READ THE RULES.

Moderator: Moderators

Neian ( 156 )
Journeyman Trader

Moravian- Backout

Post by Neian »

Agreed to purchase some models fro Moravian and promptly sent paypal with an understanding that the models would ship in a couple days. Several days go by when I ask if the items have shipped I am informed he no longer has everything that was originally agreed to in the deal. As of now my money still has not been refunded and there has been more than enough time for it to be done. I will be starting that request next.
Re: H: Mostly NiB Cryx/Legion/Circle/Trolls W:$$

Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:56 am
by Neian
Couple questions about if some of the models are the NIB ones, etc.

Bane Riders - NIB?
Shifting Stones - NIB?
Trollkin Sorcerer - NIB?
Rok - Just upgrade?
Troll heavy multi kit - NIB?

I am looking for 50% of MSRP, let me know if that level is good for you.

Thanks,
Ryan

Subject: H: Mostly NiB Cryx/Legion/Circle/Trolls W:$$

Moravian wrote:
Hey all,

Looking to trim down my collection. Cryx, Legion, Circle and Trolls. Everything listed is new in box and the latest sculpt except Troll stuff which is most just assembled. All units are max size unless otherwise stated. I'm willing to split but I'm not interested in $20 sales. Buyer pays shipping. Shipping to USA and Canada only.

Cryx
Warcasters: Goreshade2, Skarre2, Denny1 (b-box), Denny2, Witch Coven.
Jacks: 2xCorruptor/Reaper/Slayer box, 2xDeathrippers, Leviathan/Harrower/Desecrator box, 2xNightwretch.
Units: Bane Riders, Max Black Ogryn, 2x 6 man Revenant Crew Atramentous.
Solos: Bloat thrall, Rengrave, Pistol wraith, Satyxis Raider Captain.

Legion
Locks: Bethayne, Lylyth1 (b-box), Lylyth2, Rhyas, Saeryn, Thagrosh1 (new).
Beasts; Carnivean, Neph Bolt Thrower, Neph Protector, Neph Soldier, Neph Bloodseer, Neraph/Seraph box, Carnivean/Ravagore/Scythean box, Raek, 4 shredders, Teraph, Typhon.
Units: Max Ogrun Warmongers, Max Ogrun Warspears, Max Grotesques.
Solos: Sorceress on Hellion, Warmonger War Chief.

Circle:
Locks: pBaldur, Grayle, pKaya, eKaya, pKromac, pKrueger, pMorvahna, Mohsar.
Beasts: 2 xArgus, Feral Warpwolf, Ghetorix, 2xSatyr multikit box, gorax, razorwing, scarsfell griffon, winter argus, wold guardian, wold warden, woldwatcher, woldwyrd.
Units: shifting stones+ua, shifting stones, tharn bloodweavers, tharn wolf riders, min wolves of orboros + ua, min wolves of orboros.
Solos: 2xgallows groves, morraig, druid wilder.

Trolls:
Locks: pBorka, Gunnbjorn, pGrim, eGrim, eGrissel, eHoarluk, pMadrak, eMadrak
Warbeasts: 2x earthborn dire troll, metal mauler sculpt, extreme mauler sculpt, 2 troll heavy multi kits, dozer & smigg, mountain king, Rok, swamp troll, axer, impaler.
Units: max krielstone + ua, champions +ua, fennblades + ua, runeshapers, warders
Solos: Fell caller, janissa, stone scribe chronicler, whelps, trollkin champion hero, trollkin sorcerer.

Cheers

Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:05 am
by Moravian
Im assuming you want a troll heavy kit woth Rok. If so retail is $188. Ill do $110 shipped. Everything is new in box except sorcerer which is just assembled. If that works, my paypal is ndskermer@gmail.com. Let me know.

Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14 am
by Neian

Moravian wrote:
Im assuming you want a troll heavy kit woth Rok. If so retail is $188. Ill do $110 shipped. Everything is new in box except sorcerer which is just assembled. If that works, my paypal is ndskermer@gmail.com. Let me know.

t would be

Bane Riders - NIB
Shifting Stones - NIB
Trollkin Sorcerer - Assembled
Rok - NIB
2 x Troll heavy multi kit - NIB

For $110 shipped? How soon can you ship once I send payment?

Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:15 am
by Moravian
Yup. I could ship tonight or tomorrow assuming payment is received.

Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 am
by Neian

Moravian wrote:
Yup. I could ship tonight or tomorrow assuming payment is received.

Payment shipped. The address listed in Paypal is the correct shipping address.

Sent: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:20 am
by Moravian
Received. Thanks. I'll message you once shipped.

Sent: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:28 pm
by Neian

Moravian wrote:
Received. Thanks. I'll message you once shipped.

Hey checking to see if the package shipped Thursday?

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm
by Moravian
Hey man,

I made a mistake on my listing. I don't have the two multi kits or the rok anymore. I must have traded them long ago. Apologies for this. So to proceed, I can either refund you all your money, a portion for the trolls and ship the rest, or if you want to take a look and let me know if anything else of equivalent value to the troll heavies and rok interest you, and I can ship those instead.

Again, sorry for the error on my part. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Cheers

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:17 pm
by Neian

Moravian wrote:
Hey man,

I made a mistake on my listing. I don't have the two multi kits or the rok anymore. I must have traded them long ago. Apologies for this. So to proceed, I can either refund you all your money, a portion for the trolls and ship the rest, or if you want to take a look and let me know if anything else of equivalent value to the troll heavies and rok interest you, and I can ship those instead.

Cheers

Ok if you have to back out of the deal then refund my money.

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:22 pm
by Moravian
Just to be clear I'm not backing out, I made a mistake with my listing. I'm fully prepared to add aditional stuff or refund you a portion. Anyways, I'll refund you the whole amount then. Sorry for the hassle.

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:26 pm
by Neian

Moravian wrote:
Just to be clear I'm not backing out, I made a mistake with my listing. I'm fully prepared to add aditional stuff or refund you a portion. Anyways, I'll refund you the whole amount then. Sorry for the hassle.

No you are backing out because you are unwilling to complete the deal as agreed. The fact you made a mistake in your listing is not my problem, you should have confirmed you had the items before agreeing to the deal.

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:27 pm
by Moravian
Whatever man. It was an honest mistake on my part. If you're going to leave negative feedback over that then it's your choice.

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:30 pm
by Neian

Moravian wrote:
Whatever man. It was an honest mistake on my part. If you're going to leave negative feedback over that then it's your choice.

Yes I will be leaving appropriate feedback and be filling a back out report on you. I have made mistakes for listing before and I have corrected those by supplying the models as agreed in the deal.

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:32 pm
by Moravian
Don't worry. I'll leave appropriate feedback for you also.

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:37 pm
by Neian

Moravian wrote:
Don't worry. I'll leave appropriate feedback for you also.

I will assume that is a threat for retaliatory feedback, which is a violation of the rules. I will be forwarding this entire conversation to an admin so appropriate steps can be taken.
My Trade Rules
1. Lower Rating Ships First for Trades
2. Payment expected before shipment. I only accept and pay through PayPal.
3. Please communicate. If you don't like my offer just say "no thanks" and I will do the same.
4. If there is no communications after 24 hours then consider our trade/sell, null and void
5. Any delays or changes in when something will ship will be communicated in a timely manner, I EXPECT the same!
Neian ( 156 )
Journeyman Trader

Re: Moravian- Backout

Post by Neian »

Just received this message in my inbox

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:43 pm
To: Neian
It's not a threat. I will just be posting this conversation to show how unreasonable you are. Hopefully it will save somebody else the pain.
My Trade Rules
3. Please communicate. If you don't like my offer just say "no thanks" and I will do the same.
4. If there is no communications after 24 hours then consider our trade/sell, null and void
5. Any delays or changes in when something will ship will be communicated in a timely manner, I EXPECT the same!
Moravian ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Moravian »

Can an Admin please review this post. This seems totally unreasonable.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Good day gentlemen,

I have a couple issues and questions regarding this backout so we can fully understand it more.

@ Neian - I am not entirely sure why you claim this to be a backout. When Moravian approached you, he tried to correct his error by offering 3 solutions.

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm
by Moravian
Hey man,

Cheers
And then followed up to your backout comment with this:

Sent: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:22 pm
by Moravian
Technically this can be argued that it isn't even a back out as you forced the decision on him without allowing him a solution. Even if it was to purchase the models he agreed to. You even stated you have accidentally made a mistake with your listing before but tried to correct it - yet you did not even give him the chance to do so.

I can understand the frustration regarding what happened, however you showed no willingness to work it out. By what is presented to us, it looks like he did not want to end the trade and did not want to back out on you. Even stating he would throw in extra to make up for his mistake. From the PM history, it actually looks like you got angry that he made a mistake and wanted to punish him for it. So my question is why did you not try to find a solution?

Now I am not saying you are incorrect, as it can be classified as a form of backing out (or even a BTR really as technically you sent money and he failed to send goods to you). I would just like to understand the reasoning behind why you did not want to work it out and why you pushed the back out onto him. Things like this DO happen as people aren't perfect. However it is up to the trading partners to communicate a resolution, and, if none can be reached, then seek secondary measures such as a back out or btr.

Has he refunded your money?

@ Moravian - Neian is correct that you should have checked your inventory to ensure that all the goods were accounted for before finalizing a deal as per our rules.

Unfortunately you must take responsibility regarding what happened. It is unfortunate that there was no way you both could have sorted it out before it resulted in this, but alas that is why we state in our rules:
Failure to do so may result in the other party filing a Backout Trader or Bad Trader report against you.

@ both of you - You are both eligible in leaving feedback. Moravian did try to work things out with you Neian but you refused, stating "No you are backing out because you are unwilling to complete the deal as agreed." and by the PM history it would seem that there was no changing your stance on that, even though he did try to correct his error. Unfortunately it is a two way deal. Your unwillingness to work with him after the error was brought up is allowed to be reflected in his feedback, whether it is neutral or negative.

As a wise admin once told me:
You CAN qualify for being a d!ck during a trade and, if we consider it a completed trade for back outs, then we have to consider it a completed trade all around.
Which means anything that happens during a trade, resulting in a back out/BTR or not, is eligible for feedback.

However, anyone can appeal feedback by following the posted rules in our rule section. If you feel feedback left for you was unwarranted, you must appeal to an admin (any red name) within 30 days. You must forward all documentation and a brief summary as to why you feel it was not warranted. The admin will then look over everything and give an official ruling. If they find that feedback was left in a retaliatory manner, then they will handle that as well.

Now I must also mention that although I have weighed in on this issue, I am merely a watchman and an admin will more than likely (actually I would hope they did) post an official comment regarding this back out. I am merely trying to create an understanding of the situation.

Thank you,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
Neian ( 156 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Neian »

3eland wrote: @ Neian - I am not entirely sure why you claim this to be a backout. When Moravian approached you, he tried to correct his error by offering 3 solutions.

Technically this can be argued that it isn't even a back out as you forced the decision on him without allowing him a solution. Even if it was to purchase the models he agreed to.

The actually would be a incorrect representation of the facts. Morvaian was unwilling to complete the first deal which he could of done by purchasing the missing models for example, instead he tried to cancel that deal and re-negotiate a second one with terms that he could meet after validating his inventory. Terms had already been agreed and money had already exchanged resulting in my portion of the deal complete. Moravian was unwilling to complete his portion of the deal, this would be classified as a Backout.
You even stated you have accidentally made a mistake with your listing before but tried to correct it - yet you did not even give him the chance to do so.
I completed the contract in this case by making sure the other party received all the models they agreed to purchase. Anything less would have left me eligible for a Backout.
Has he refunded your money?
Yes its currently processing
My Trade Rules
Neian ( 156 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Neian »

Neian wrote:
3eland wrote: @ Neian - I am not entirely sure why you claim this to be a backout. When Moravian approached you, he tried to correct his error by offering 3 solutions.

Technically this can be argued that it isn't even a back out as you forced the decision on him without allowing him a solution. Even if it was to purchase the models he agreed to.

The actually would be a incorrect representation of the facts. Morvaian was unwilling to complete the first deal which he could of done by purchasing the missing models for example, instead he tried to cancel that deal and re-negotiate a second one with terms that he could meet after validating his inventory. Terms had already been agreed and money had already exchanged resulting in my portion of the deal complete. Moravian was unwilling to complete his portion of the deal, this would be classified as a Backout.
Technically this would be a BTR as you stated 3eland because money was exchanged and my portion of the deal was complete.
3eland wrote:So my question is why did you not try to find a solution?
The solution was for Morvain to provide the models as agreed. It was several days after the models were supposed to ship before I was informed of the issues and completing the deal as agreed in some manner was not presented as a solution by Morvain. He could have offered to purchase the missing models with a delay in shipping or provide a partial refund to the purchase models from a discount store. I probably should have suggested those as remedies, but assumed he was not interested in doing those things as it was not presented to me as an option.
My Trade Rules
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Neian wrote:

His trade offer was for items he believed he had in his possession. He made a mistake. Period. Nobody's perfect.
You believe the logical solution is for him to purchase the things you want and send them to you? That's near reasonable? You paid what? HALF of retail? And you want him to go spend over 150% of what you paid him to make his trade list match what you want to receive?
I'll take some heat for this but, frankly, I'm prepared for it; that's some straight up bullsh!t right there.

He screwed up. That much is true. When he realized it, though, he did the right thing by addressing it immediately and offering you options, including a FULL REFUND. He screwed up, but he handled his screw up the RIGHT WAY. On the other hand, you were entirely undignified and unreasonable about the whole thing.

In my ADMINISTRATIVE OPINION, his notification to you that you'd receive negative feedback from him was no more retaliatory than your notification was ITL Intimidation. Neither of you, as I see it, violated site rules in those advisements.
I also believe that EACH of you is correct that the other qualifies for a negative. Now, you guys need to decide if you want to be petty enough to actually DO that.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Neian ( 156 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Neian »

MagickalMemories wrote:
Neian wrote:

His trade offer was for items he believed he had in his possession. He made a mistake. Period. Nobody's perfect.
You believe the logical solution is for him to purchase the things you want and send them to you? That's near reasonable? You paid what? HALF of retail? And you want him to go spend over 150% of what you paid him to make his trade list match what you want to receive?
I'll take some heat for this but, frankly, I'm prepared for it; that's some straight up bullsh!t right there.
It appears that you are saying that agreements/deals/contracts/whatever you want to call them on this site are extremely fluid, which I disagree with and find that sentiment extremely disappointing coming from an administrator. I have done exactly what you are suggesting before when I have made a mistake, it involved me sending money to the other party and receiving nothing from the transaction. I don't see making an agreement right as bullshit.
He screwed up. That much is true. When he realized it, though, he did the right thing by addressing it immediately and offering you options, including a FULL REFUND. He screwed up, but he handled his screw up the RIGHT WAY. On the other hand, you were entirely undignified and unreasonable about the whole thing.
I received notification 5 days after payment was sent that there was a problem and 4 days after the package was supposed to be shipped. I sent a PM on Friday asking for details of the shipment. I fail to see this as addressing it immediately. A more immediate response would have gone a long way in making me have a more favorable outlook on the whole affair.
In my ADMINISTRATIVE OPINION, his notification to you that you'd receive negative feedback from him was no more retaliatory than your notification was ITL Intimidation. Neither of you, as I see it, violated site rules in those advisements. Now, you guys need to decide if you want to be petty enough to actually DO that.
This is a point I would like clarification on. From your complete response, If I understand it correctly, your official stance is that if party A of a deal is unable to be complete their agreement, the other party that does not accept re-negotiation or does not wish to cancel the original deal, will be subject to negative feedback due to the failure for them to allow for changes in what was agreed upon?
My Trade Rules
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

I'm not saying they're fluid. Not at all. In fact, is inability to follow through with his side of the agreement is why this report and any negative reference you choose to leave is entirely justified.
What I'm saying that sh*t happens, and we all need to understand that. I'm not defending his decision to wait five days to reach out to you. He did not make it clear WHY he waited so long, but anything short of hospitalization or some other physical inability to do so (that can be proven) is not really an acceptable answer.

This leads to my reply to your clarification request:
This is a point I would like clarification on. From your complete response, If I understand it correctly, your official stance is that if party A of a deal is unable to be complete their agreement, the other party that does not accept re-negotiation or does not wish to cancel the original deal, will be subject to negative feedback due to the failure for them to allow for changes in what was agreed upon?
No. Not at all.
Either you misunderstood me or chose to read selectively.

I said, "On the other hand, you were entirely undignified and unreasonable about the whole thing. "
"Unreasonable" is expecting him to buy models at retail (MSRP or online retail) to cover his mistake. Doing that would definitely be an "above and beyond" move (which I, too, have done before), but is most definitely not "reasonable." Furthermore, the entire tone of your PM string became quite rude as soon as he admitted his screw up. That and that alone is why you became eligible for a negative.

You also need to understand that nobody can do anything to keep their trade partners from canceling a deal, once struck. Sure, it'll qualify them for a negative but, if they're willing to suck up the -10, then you have no way to stop them. So, whether you WISH to cancel the deal or not, if they're going to cancel it the best you can do is try to convince them not to, knowing that this is all you can do.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Moravian ( 48 )
Journeyman Trader

Post by Moravian »

Thanks for taking the time to assess and chime in. I don't want to beat a dead horse so I'll just say thanks for the comments and lesson learned.

Return to “Deadbeats & Backouts”