BTR - Gav99 (admin edit - Not Gav99's fault) - Resolved

These BTR's have been resolved. The accused may or may not have been involved in the resolution. Familiarize yourself with this section as a preventative measure.

Moderator: Moderators

Akaiyou ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Re: BTR - Gav99 (admin edit - Communication Issues)

Post by Akaiyou »

3eland wrote:Apologies, I meant reporting the original message with the quoted full list from Gav99 (showing his original ad as listed). If there is one. If not then unfortunately there is no easy way of determining exactly what the list said.

And yes, you are right, you cannot expect everyone to know what AI is. That is why a fully descriptive list is part of Bartertown's rules. Hence the importance of my request. If there is no clear header stating the models were AI then I can see how one may think they were 40k (as cheap as they may have been).
Thank you,

Ryan
I did as you requested. Also to any mod or admin, i'd like to request that my address be edited out of the opening post and any other instances. Or that the thread be removed from public scrutiny by any means necessary.

I have tried my best to be forthcoming here and to follow guidelines for posting a report to what I felt was a scam, I provided a link to a poll that i made for my own personal knowledge (again look at time stamps) and shared it here in response to one specific thing that was said, and now I can see I made a grave mistake in copy and pasting most of the relevant messages here as it seems there are those who are making veiled threats and not in the spirit of keeping things neutral now paying attention to this.

I would not be happy to require police involvement from future 'issues' stemming from a Bartertown dispute. I have inboxed a mod, and admin and reported this thread since i can't find an edit option to remove said information. I am more than willing to dispute a claim and find a resolution the civilized way.

Thank you for whichever mod or admin lends a hand in editing that information out.
Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

I'll keep my posts simple and to the point as I don't feel I need to defend myself from these "twisted tales" anymore. Especially now I can prove he's editing his PMs to post here.

I'll be reporting the smoking gun evidence PMs (his first that automatically quoted my trade thread at the time, and the post he just edited). Would you prefer me to report all PMs? I figure you may want to verify the whole sale negotiation to see what was said.

The only "full disclosure" part was when he queried the missing eldar tail find, and I disclosed all requested condition details. I was never asked to completely explain the mini (size, color, dimensions, etc) as he would suggest.

I believe that once you see the reported PMs that this thread will be resolved very quickly.
Trading on Dakkadakka under the same name.
Akaiyou ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Post by Akaiyou »

Gav99 wrote:I'll keep my posts simple and to the point as I don't feel I need to defend myself from these "twisted tales" anymore. Especially now I can prove he's editing his PMs to post here.

I'll be reporting the smoking gun evidence PMs (his first that automatically quoted my trade thread at the time, and the post he just edited). Would you prefer me to report all PMs? I figure you may want to verify the whole sale negotiation to see what was said.

The only "full disclosure" part was when he queried the missing eldar tail find, and I disclosed all requested condition details. I was never asked to completely explain the mini (size, color, dimensions, etc) as he would suggest.

I believe that once you see the reported PMs that this thread will be resolved very quickly.
Now you are accusing me of editing PMs? Because I requested my name and address be removed from it? Really?

I'm done trying to be reasonable here. I made 3 trades here around the same time other 2 went by great (do check my recent references) great communication, things were clear no fuss no muss fast and simple, in both cases small issues came about I was able to talk it out with the seller amicably one had an older baneblade and let me know it wasnt the recent variant, the other seller had some other minor hiccups and i didn't flip a table over it he was detailed and just good open communication made things resolvable in both cases. You also seemed to me like a upstanding reasonable guy, I already apologized for the coming at you in a fit of anger and indignation after expecting a giant box full of flyers and receiving shoebox full of hot wheels that i didn't even confirm since i never opened the package. I made an attempt to accept PART of your terms as a final resolution to this issue. You declined.

I quoted messages WITH time stamps after you accused me falsely. I am under the impression that there is bias here, and if i can't even ask for my name and address to be removed without being accused of editing *edit*. So as of this moment you win bartertown is definetly not the place to dispute this with you. I will let paypal handle this and accept whatever resolution they deem fair. To the one reasonable mod that asked for pms to be reported, I followed your instruction immediately and i thank you for trying. Paypal can take it from here. When i return the item intact to a store i expect a full refund I don't pay them for the receipt they wasted in printing out the transaction.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Okay here is what I am sure everyone has been waiting for.

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who has PM'd me with supporting information regarding this rather than posting it here. Secondly, it would seem many people remember the headers, but let us proceed with what we found via reported PM's.

The first issue I would like to address (mostly because it is the shortest) is this PM:
Re: Oops! Was so eager i forgot to write my message!

Sent: Thu May 21, 2015 1:16 pm
by Akaiyou

Dude you sent me an empty box wtf? I'm reporting this.
when it should actually say:

Sent: Thu May 21, 2015 1:17 pm
To: Gav99
Gav99 wrote: No worries.

Send it via priority so can't imagine it'll take past Wednesday to arrive.

Dude you sent me an empty box that is *edit* up, I will report this as a scam.
Now the slight change of time is normal, 1:16 vs 1:17 is nothing other than a server issue of when the person sent the message and when the recipient received it in their inbox. What troubles me is the editing of the actual message itself. You edited out "that is *edit* up" and "as a scam". After reading this raw version (remember you cannot edit or modify a PM you have received (or edit or modify a sent PM via the sender) which is why I asked for them to be done this way - it ensures, without the staff having to go directly into each inbox, what was sent/received was sent/received) it makes me wonder what else was modified.

Now for the initial contact PM I asked for (with the quoted listing):
Re: H: Nec, Nids, CSM, AM, Orks, SM/SW W: $, AM, FW, etc

Sent: Mon May 18, 2015 12:23 am

Eldar:
2x Nightwing fighter - 1 primed black, 1 primed black with some paint (both missing the small fins) - $25

Orks:
2x Fighta - painted TT - $40

Imperials:
2x Thunderbolt fighter - TT painted thinly, so can be repainted/finished to higher standard - $40
2x Thunderbolt fighter - unpainted, assembled - $40
2x Lightning fighter - TT painted thinly, one has broken wing glued back on - $35
2x Lightning fighter - TT painted thinly, one is missing a tail fin - $30

Subject: H: Nec, Nids, CSM, AM, Orks, SM/SW W: $, AM, FW, etc
Gav99 wrote:I am willing part out anything, as well as accept small trades for stuff I want. Prices are negotiable, but dependent on how much you buy. I'm not looking to get rich, but I expect a fair price especially as I always prune and clean up every model I assemble so all you need to do is paint it and finish the assembly (I leave off any parts that block painting).

Prices do not include shipping - shipping changes per item, per location, per amount of things you buy, so it's just easier to calculate it afterwards.

Haves

__________________________________Starship Troopers___________________________________________

Arachnids - Sell all for $75
Plasma Bug - NIB $25
Blister/Blaster Bugs - NIB (3 minis) $17
3x Hopper bugs - NIB (3 minis per box) $15 each

MI Troopers x8 plastic NOS $20

__________________________________Bolt Action / Flames of War___________________________________________

Flames of War
  • Open Fire rulebook - used, in OK condition (few loose pages, otherwise good) $5

Bolt Action

American Army Book - Brand new - $15

__________________________________Games Workshop - OOP Games___________________________________________

__________________________________Aeronautica Imperialis___________________________________________

Books:
Aeronautica Imperialis Game Rulebook - Great condition $50
Aeronautica Imperialis Game Rulebook - Great condition $50 (2nd copy)
Tactica Aeronautica Expansion - Great Condition $50

Ships (all real forgeworld and all come with AI bases):

Eldar:
2x Nightwing fighter - 1 primed black, 1 primed black with some paint (both missing the small fins) - $25

Orks:
2x Fighta - painted TT - $40

Imperials:
2x Thunderbolt fighter - TT painted thinly, so can be repainted/finished to higher standard - $40
2x Thunderbolt fighter - unpainted, assembled - $40
2x Lightning fighter - TT painted thinly, one has broken wing glued back on - $35
2x Lightning fighter - TT painted thinly, one is missing a tail fin - $30

Bloodbowl

Plastic Orc team from starter box NOS ($15)

Battlefleet Gothic

Sword class frigates NIB - $20
Emperor class Battleship NIB - $60
2x Chaos Cruiser NOS - $40

Gorkamorka

9x Mutie Raiders Keeper NIB $20 each

Rulebooks / FW Books
  • Rogue Trader RPG Core Rulebook - Brand New never used - Includes separate Rogue Trader Forsaken Bounty intro to Rogue Trader paperback booklet ($20)

Epic 40K Armageddon Sell lot for $85
  • Imperator Titan (painted TT, complete) - $50 Photo
    2x most current sculpt IG Basilisks (painted, metal) ($20)
    3x Older style Basilisks (part painted in cadian camo, metal) ($15)
    4x CAV Shadowsword proxies (2 NIB, 2 mostly built, unpainted) ($26 - $13 each pair) - CAV Photo 1
    2x CAV Valkyrie proxies (NIB) ($15)
    1x CAV (Merlin) Large Flying Transport (NIB) ($15) - Merlin

__________________________________Warhammer 40K___________________________________________

SM: Sell all for $82

Tactical Squad (last edition so no grav guns) $28
Deathwatch Kill Team Conversion Kit NIB $16
Captain Lysander (metal) NIB $15
Assault Sargent (OOP metal) NIB $8
Dead space marine with power fist and cloak (metal, primed black) $8
Inquisitor Lok and Retinue (Forgeworld, missing the servo-skull familiar) NIB (taped shut) $22

current Space Wolves:

3x Fenrisian Wolves box NIB $17 each

Last edition Space Wolves: (sell lot for $15)

Space Wolf Heavy Bolter devastator (metal weapon and backpack, built, unpainted) ($5)
Space Wolf Heavy plasma devastator (metal weapon and backpack, built, unpainted) ($5)
Space Wolf Codex - last edition softcover, pretty much brand new never used ($3)
2x Wolfguard Sergeants (metal, part painted) $3 each - SW photo
Old (2000 era?) Space Wolves Codex (very thin supplement) ($5 - only with other purchase/trade) - Photo Here

Necrons: Sell for $575 (over $75 off individual) - HUGE Necron army nearly all NIB

2x Doom Scythe NIB $32 each
2x Ghost/Doomsday Ark NOS $35 each
4x Necron Warriors box (12 warriors + scarabs) NOS $25 each
2x Immortals/Deathmarks box (5 minis per box) NOS $22.50 each
2x Command Barges NIB $26 each
Triarch Stalker NIB $35
2x Monolith NIB $47 each
Destroyers (3 minis) NIB $35
Necron Lord with orb (finecast) NIB $10.50
Imotekh the Stormlord (finecast) NIB $12.50
Nemesor Zahndrekh (finecast) NIB $12.50
4x Necron Pariahs (OOP, metal) $10 each
Necron Tomb Spider (OOP, metal) $10
2x Ghost/Doomsday Arc (part built, primed black, one is missing 2 bits from the back of the gun and 2 spine pieces from under the Ghost Arc, but can still build both variants) $55 for the pair
First edition metal Lord with staff (old school, way OOP - primed silver) $10
Necron Overlord with Warscythe (finecast - no issues, built, painted silver and washed black - needs a bit of painting work or stripping) $10
Cryptek (finecast - no issues, built, painted silver and primed black - needs some painting work or stripping, missing head) $6
Destroyer Lord Upgrade pack (finecast + 2 metal pieces from another set) NIB $7

Tyranids: Sell for $560 - Big Tyranids army

Broodlord (from Deathstorm box complete sprue) NOS $20
Genestealer box NIB $20
2x Warrior Brood (one OOP plastic, one newest, but same product) $35 each
2x Mawloc NIB $41 each
2x Ravenor Brood NIB $33 each
2x Hormagaunt box NIB $20 each
Carnifex (current) NIB $35
2X Guants (OOP plastic, 8 each Termagaunt, Hormagaunt and one base Rippers) $22 each
2x Zoanthropes (OOP metal, the old Tick ones) NIB $10 each
3x Zoanthropes (OOP last edition metal) NIB $15 each
Tyrant Guard (OOP, last edition metal) NIB $15
2x Gargoyle box NIB $20 each
2x Venomthrope (Finecast) NIB $15 each
2x Tyrant Guard (Finecast) NIB $16 each
Broodlord (Finecast) NIB $14
Hive Tyrant (OOP, old-school, first rendition) NIB $20

CSM: Open to offers

9x Thousand Sons (OOP metal, 8 Marines, one Sorcerer, assembled and primed white)

Orks: Sell all for $235

Grukk Facerippa (from Stormclaw box) NOS $18
Meganobz / Big Mek Box set (3 minis) NOS $45
Trukk Boyz (trukk + 10 Boyz) NOS $43
Deff Dread NOS $35
Mek NOS $14
Bad Dok (OOP, metal) NIB $10
Kaptain Badrukk’s Flash Gitz box NIB - $95

40K Battlefoam Trays: All Brand New Large (15" x 12") trays - Sell the lot for $100

Eldar 2x voidraven, viper, 7x jetbike - Photo $20
Eldar 2x tank, 3x wraithlord, 2x walker - Photo $20
SM 3x Stormtalon, 2x Rhino - Photo $20
SM 2x Landraider, Drop pod, 4x Rhino - Photo $20
SM 6x Bike, 6x Speeder - Photo $20
SM Stormraven, Drop Pod, Predator, 2x Dreadnaught - Photo $20

Kromlech Resin 40K-esq bits: Sell all for $30, or free if you buy the Necron or Tyranid army lot.

Stygian Legs x6 New (Photo) $7
Stygian Shoulder Pads x10 New (Photo) $6
Stygian 2 Handed Weapons x6 New (Photo) $6
Technomancer Staves x3 New (Photo) $6
Gravity Distorter Guns x5 New (Photo) $6
Stygian Rhino Front Panel New OOP (Example Photo) $4 - Just the front panel, no rhino or side doors

Forgeworld Books:

Imperial Armor fall of Orpheus (has rues for FW vehicles inside) Great Condition $70

__________________________________Warhammer Fantasy___________________________________________

Dark Elves: Newest Plastics/sculpts - Sell lot for $140
  • Cauldron Of Blood/Altar of Khaine NOS - $55
    2x Sorceress NIB - 10 each
    LE Rulebook OOP (minor damage to dust cover and tiny knick on front cover) - $85
    DE Magic Cards - come with everything only

Bretonnians:
  • Grail Relique - Painted, just the relique mini - $25

Ogre Kingdoms: sell for $190 (save $40 on individually)
  • 13x Bulls (painted TT) - $40
    8x Leadbelchers (painted TT) - $40
    6x Ironguts (built with command, unpainted) - $30
    Gorger (metal, primed black, came with 2 right arms) - $10
    2x Ninja Maneater - bare metal - $17 each
    Giant - assembled and primed black - $28
    Slaughtermaster - metal, basecoated - $25
    Tyrant - metal, primed black - $25

Vampire Counts
:
sell for $65

Krell (OOP metal) NIB $10
Heinrich Kemmler (metal) NIB $8
Ghouls (OOP, metal, 2 models) NIB Free with lot
3x Carrion (OOP, metal with little ghost riders) NIB $10 each
2x Ghoul boxes (plastic) NIB $16 each

Orcs and Goblins: sell for $365

3x Savage Orc boxes (newest) NIB $20 each
Mangler Squig (Finecast) NIB $41
Rock Lobba (Finecast) NIB $28
Orc Wyvern with boss (metal) NIB $50
Gobbo Spear Chukka (Finecast) NIB $20
Savage Orc Boss (plastic, newest) NIB $10
Goblin Shaman (plastic, newest) NIB $6.50
Gorbad Ironclaw (metal, current sculpt) NIB $35
2x Black Orc Big Boss (metal) NIB $12.50 each
5x Stone Trolls (metal) NIB $15 each
Night Goblin Fanatics (newest, 3 minis, plastic) NIB $10
Gamesday 2000 Black Orc NIB $28

Beastmen:

2x Ghorgon (newest) NIB $38 each

Empire: sell for $190

Empire Steam Tank (OOP Metal) NIB $40
Heroes of the Empire (OOP boxed set) 4 miniatures NIB $40
5x Winged Kislev Lancers (full command and two regulars) NIB $12.50 each
5x Kislev Horse Archers (1 champion, 1 standard, 3 regulars) NIB $10 each
Kislev Horse Archer (missing legs) NIB $6
Ice Queen of Kislev NIB $15

Warriors of Chaos:

Chaos Knights Regiment (OOP 5th ed, metal/plastic came with movement tray and banner) NIB $30
Chaos Hounds (plastic) NIB $15

High Elves:

High Elf War Griffin (OOP marauder metal) NIB $40
High Elf Sword Master Command (metal, OOP) NIB $10

Skaven: sell for $115

Skaven Doom Flayer (metal) NIB $15
Skaven Grey Seer (newest) NIB $14
3x Stormvermin boxes (newest) NIB $34 each

Storm of Magic:

Cockatrice (newest, finecast) NIB $25
Dark Emissary (metal) NIB $10

WHFB Terrain:

2x Garden of Morr NIB $35 each
Warhammer Fortified Manor (plastic, OOP) NIB $100
Warhammer Fortress (plastic, newest) NIB $70
Sarcophagus terrain blister NIB $6
Statues terrain blister NIB $6
Gravestones terrain blister NIB $6
Column of Skulls terrain blister NIB $6
Arcane Door terrain blister NIB $6

Other Fantasy - GW, Mageknight, Reaper, other - Photo 1 - Photo 2
  • Mixed figures from Mageknight and Reaper (NIB, bare metal, or primed black) - On Photo 2 - $2.50 each
    Sprue of 5 ancient Japanese warriors (feudal era type I believe) $1 with any other purchase

__________________________________GW Books/Codices___________________________________________

Codexes / Books
  • Planetstrike - unused, as new ($4)
    Skaven - Current paperback, great condition - $5
    Lizardmen - previous edition, very good condition($2)
    Wood Elves - 7th ed, very good condition ($2)
    Witch Hunters - previous edition, very good condition ($2)
    Tau - previous edition, good condition ($2)
    Tyranids - previous 2 editions, very good condition ($2 each)

__________________________________CCG/TCG___________________________________________

Star Wars TCG $20
This is the newer card game that started with the newer films. Have a good sized pile (100+) of this set also with plenty of rares and foil cards (few duplicates, nearly full sets). Will trade the whole lot only.

__________________________________Other___________________________________________

Electronics

Samsung Digimax A7 7 megapixel digital camera, 2GB SD card, and protective belt case. Works perfectly and in great condition (I got a Canon T2I for Christmas, so don't need this one). Paid over $200 for it 6 years ago. Great point-and-click camera that would be perfect as a child's first camera. Will trade for $50 or sell for $30

2x DS Lite (Silver and Black) with the following DS games - (Final fantasy III, Final fantasy XII, Picross, Zelda Phatom Hourglass, Lunar genesis, Lost Magic). Everything works perfectly and both are in great condition with no screen issues or scratches. Comes with NDS protective case, a plastic 6 game case, styluses, and charging cables. Trading both DS and all accessories/games at $120 value, or $40 each DS and $variable per game/accessory.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wants:
I will trade in YOUR favor for brand new Forgeworld items on my wants list (either FW for FW, or I'll trade at 70% retail for 100% FW retail). Anything painted /assembled / damaged will be traded compared to it's quality. If it's fake Forgeworld models (from China, Russia, Hong Kong, etc) then tell me the truth before we trade. I do check authenticity on any FW items I get, even painted ones. I may still want them for my personal collection, but I would need photos of the detail and they'll have to be valued right (being as I cannot sell them, so they have less value)

---------------------------------------------- WWII (FOW/Bolt Action)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flames of War- Prefer unpainted minis, though will accept well painted minis also. Not interested in anything with bad paint jobs.

Will happily trade for Plastic Soldier Company vehicles and Wargames Factory infantry along with official FOW minis.

British:
Mainly looking for: (If battlefront, must be the newer sculpts, prefer NIB plastic soldier company vehicles)
Lloyd carriers
Commando / SAS platoons
Vehicle bofors AA
White scout cars
M5 Halftracks
Sexton
Pioneer platoons

Germans:
Mainly looking for: (If battlefront, must be the newer sculpts)
Half-tracks (plastic soldier company ones are perfect)
Jagdpanthers/panzers
Panthers
KFZ 70 truck
BMW bikes + sidecars
Hummel
Wespe

Books:
So far I have the main rulebook (regular and mini in triplicate),Operation Market Garden, hell's highway, Dogs & Devils, and Grey Wolf. So anything else really.

Bolt Action: - Just starting out so open to anything. Pref NIB/NOS stuff.

British:
Airborne Army set (any of the 3)
Infantry Box Set
Paratroopers
Commandos
SAS
25pdr Artillery
Vehicles (anything but Cromwells, Shermans, and M5 half-tracks)

Germans:
Blitzkrieg Starter Army Box Set
Blitzkrieg Infantry
Guns (artillery)
Wafen-SS Starter Army (any points value)
Tanks (anything but panthers, pumas, stugs, and hanomag halftracks)
Halftrack with PaK36

Japanese:
Tanks (anything)
Gun Teams (AP, AT, artillery)
Naval Landing Force box sets

---------------------------------------------- X-Wing---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-Wing: (If used, must come with everything it would when NIB)
  • Imperial Raider
    IG-2000
    Most Wanted Expansion Pack
    Game Mat (3x3 or 4x4)
    Z-95 Headhunter
    E-wing
    TIE Advanced

---------------------------------------------- SST---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starship Troopers- Pretty much anything metal
  • Brain Bug
    King tanker
    Thorny Tanker
    Burrower Bugs
    Mantis Bugs
    Overseer Bug
    Ripper Bugs
    M8 APE suit
    Neodog Squad
    Gun Platforms
    Skinnies
---------------------------------------------- Scenery ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrain/Scenery - GW
  • Deathknell Watch

Terrain/Scenery - Infinity
  • MAS District 5 Buildings
    Any other Infinity-esq buildings / terrain on a case by case basis

Terrain/Scenery - WWII (15mm)
  • Buildings (no card/paper ones please), tank traps, and boccage

---------------------------------------------- Games Workshop ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic 40K

Tau - Anything (FW and 3rd party)
Eldar - Newest sculpts and FW

Battlefleet Gothic

Imperials - Dauntless light cruisers
FW Tau - Anything (just FW)
Tyranids - Anything (no scratch-built please)
Eldar - FW ships only

Aeronautica Imperialis: - Must come with AI bases!

Will take any AI minis if the price/trade is decent, but mainly looking for the following:
  • Chaos ships (talons, harbringer)
    Tau ships (Manta)
    Imperial (Aquila landers, arvus lighters, thunderhawks)

Bloodbowl:
  • TEAMS
    Single newest sculpt Ogre player for the human team (can be one from the newest ogre team)
    The newest sculpt Ogre team (again, only want the newest one)
    Newest Sculpt Human Team
    Nurgle Team

SINGLE FIGS / BOOSTERS
    Dwarf Deathroller - Newest one only
    Necromantic boosters (need 4 figs)
    Chaos boosters (need 4 figs)
    Lizardmen booster (2 figs)
    Khemri booster (4 figs)
    Norse Booster (need 4 figs)
    Vamp figs - need 2 vamps
    Goblin Special Weapons players

---------------------------------------------Warhammer 40K-----------------------------------

40k IG/AM
  • 2x Tempestus Scions box (NIB/NOS only)
    2x Ogryns box (new plastic set)
    Taurox
    Baneblade (NIB/NOS, newer kit with turret options only)
    Shadowsword (NIB/NOS, newer kit with options only)
    FW Cadian Hostile Environment Command Squad (Or just the commisar looking one if avaliable by himself)
    2x FW Cadian Vehicle Crew
    2x FW Cadian Hardened Veterans With Shotguns Upgrade pack
    FW imperial Tank Commander General Grizmund
    FW Commissar Tank Commander
    FW Storm Trooper Chimera Commander
    FW Colonel "Snake" Stranski
    FW Praetor Armored Assault Launcher
    FW Macharius Vulcan
Eldar:

Wraithknight - NIB/NOS only

Space Marines:

Drop Pods (NOS/NIB only)
Knight Titans (NOS/NIB or well painted only)

---------------------------------------------Warhammer Fantasy Battle-----------------------------------

Skaven:

Thanquol and Boneripper - (new plastic kit only NIB/NOS)
Stormfiends
Giant Rats (lots)

Undead:

Nagash - newest plastic kit

Dwarves:
  • FW Dwarf Command Set
    Avatars of War Dwarves (lords/heroes and runesmiths)
    Scribor Steam Armored dwarfs

Orcs & Goblins:
  • Azhag the Slaughterer on wyvern (Newest sculpt only)
    Wurrzag (newest sculpt)
    2x Goblin Wolf Chariot
    60x Night Goblins (NIB/NOS or nicely painted only)
    FW Squig Gobba
    FW Orc Command Set

Warriors of Chaos:
  • Vilitch the Curseling
    Archaon
    5x Khorne Wrathmongers/Skullreapers
    The Glottkin
    1x Slaughterbrute / Vortex beast (either NIB or well built as a vortex beast)
    Blight knights
    Gutrot Spume
    1x Dragon Ogres box (plastic ones Only, either NIB/NOS or well built)
    FW Tamurkhan on Toad Dragon
    FW Chaos Mammoth

---------------------------------------------- Infinity---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PanO
  • Neoterran Bolts - Any
    Jotum
    Auxilia
    Crusader Brethren
    Guarda de Assalto
    Armbots: Peacemaker
    Kirpal Singh

Yu Jing
  • Kuang Shi
    Haramaki Zensenbutai
    Yaopu Pangguling
    Yaoxie Remotes
    Gui Feng Spec-Ops (NIB or must come with all options)
    Wu Ming
    Bao Troops: Judicional Watch
    Domaru Takeshi "Neko" Oyama
    Asuka Kisaragi, Aragoto Senkenbutai Jun-I
    Zuyong Invincibles, Terra-cotta Soldiers

Ariadna
  • Line Kazak Missle Launcher
    Moblots (sapper HMG and rifle/panzerfaust)
    Traktor Muls
    Highlander Cateran T2 Sniper
    Metros (HMG)
    Briscards (any)
    Caledonian Volunteers (HMG)
    Scots Guard (ML)
    Wulver Grenadiers Regiment box set
    Ariadna Spetsnaz (Sniper)
    Antipode Assault Pack (New version one only)

---------------------------------------------- Dropzone Commander ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drop Zone Commander

PHR
Anything not in the starter set
Therefore, it is clearly shown that Gav99 has not modified his PM's posted and did have the headers as stated.

Gav99 - You can screenshot this comment and add it to your paypal dispute if you wish. It is clear that Gav99 has not lied or misled anyone. It is also clear that Akaiyou has modified his own PM's (that he posted).

Unless further information is provided saying otherwise, Akaiyou, you need to accept full responsibility regarding this issue as Gav99 has done nothing wrong. It is obvious that you misunderstood what was being sold (which is understandable if someone does not know what AI is) but you need to accept the fact that it was your fault, not his, that caused this issue.

I will allow both of you to resolve this matter maturely between you two but with the current information provided to the staff, there is absolutely no case against Gav99 and this thread will be thrown into oblivion once the resolution has been made.

IF, Akaiyou, you return the models and get your refund (minus shipping costs as, again, Gav99 has done nothing wrong), Gav99 IS allowed to post a back-out of his own regarding this issue if he so wishes to. It is not his fault you did not know what AI was. It is not his fault this situation happened. And he should not be out because of it.

An admin can weigh in with an official statement if they wish, however it is fairly clear cut I think.

Let us hope you can both resolve this peacefully.

Thank you,

Ryan
~Ryan~
I'm like superman, but without the super.

The rules for Bartertown can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45470
Helpful guide for sending packages to Canada: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123125
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Some further reports have been brought to the staff's attention:
To: Akaiyou
Akaiyou wrote:
Gav99 wrote: Tracking number 9405509699937601144775

Have them all heavily bubblewrapped and decently packaged so they should arrive as I sent them.

Is that USPS or UPS? The USPS website says

Tracking Number: 9405509699937601144775
Image of a progress bar displaying error status
error

The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later.

It would seem there are two messages. Both of which state a different story.

Ryan
~Ryan~

Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

I never received that message, if he did in fact send it. The first message I received from him, after delivery of the item, was the one I reported.

I keep all PMs sent to me until 2 weeks after the trade/sale is complete so that I have a full record in case of this. I haven't deleted any PMs and I would hope that as my integrity has been upheld so far that this will be seen as truthful also:

Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

Erm, check the from and to on his message. I just noticed that he sent that to himself.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Okay, I was going to keep this to PM however due to the unprofessional response I am getting I shall post everything to the public.

Sent: Fri May 22, 2015 11:37 am
To: 3eland
Akaiyou wrote:Here i thought you were the only unbiased one. As soon as you asked for the posts to be sent to you via report i reported the my initial conversation with you. But your message didn't show any of that.

Also you accused me of editing PMs, same thing that Gav99 accused me of, when ive been posting exactly what I have infront of me. Do YOU want my login? I will gladly let you log in as me and see with your own 2 eyes.

Or do I screen shot it? I'm seriously done with that thread the bias there is enormous. I will screen shot all the pms to show paypal there has been absoutely NO TAMPERING the only thing i removed are previous quotations to avoid having the same thing repeated over and over and over. The messages themselves have not been edited.

And i copy and pasted the entry of interest to him on our first discussion. Which once again if you cared to actually bother and check you can see i reported via pm IMMEDIATELY after you posted requesting it.

Paypal can resolve this I have plenty prove for my case, unless one of you breaches my account and starts editing things to help your buddy out.

Subject: BTR - Gav99 (admin edit - Communication Issues)

<SNIP - My message from the BT as you can only contain 3 quotes within each other>
my response was going to be:

Hello Akaiyou,

I am not being bias. I am simply stating what was reported to me. As you can see by the added pictures, I received 3 PM reports. One from you, two from Gav99.

**Edit - I have since seen the newest one from you**

As you can see, the PM you reported to me is NOT the first one you sent. You sent 1 before hand but failed to write the "Lol sorry i meant to ask how much would the total be for all these assuming you sweeten the deal for taking several of them, as you mentioned in your post that you would". The first one you sent clearly shows his original listing at the time of your PM.

After reviewing the other PM reports, especially the one with the additional language, it looked pretty clear cut that you were modifying your PM's posted. However with this new additional information things have changed and further review is needed to be done.

Thank you for your time,

Ryan
reports.jpg
report 2.jpg
report 3.jpg
report 4.jpg
report 5.jpg
Then I received another message stating:

Screenshot & PMs reported. Have at it!

Sent: Fri May 22, 2015 11:51 am
To: 3eland
Akaiyou wrote:http://postimg.org/gallery/3907jz9bo/

Screenshots of both the initial message i sent where we discussed terms (i literally clicked our last message and scrolled ALL THE WAY DOWN to the beginning to get to the initial discussion) i copy and pasted the entries i was interested in to him. And also the message that you claim i supposedly edited. I also reported that one so that there is NO DOUBT to my sincerity in all this.

I appreciate the great lengths you guys have gone to support Gav99 but i find that you guys are omitting things to build an argument against me.

I'd like an official apology at the very least on the account of my supposed 'editing' pms. I assume this is unlikely to happen, but would still be nice to witness something other than bias.
1st_message.jpg
omitted.jpg
***Please note that those were the pictures sent to me by Akaiyou***
Gav99 wrote:Erm, check the from and to on his message. I just noticed that he sent that to himself.
You are correct. Something I did not notice right away.

As a staff member of Bartertown, it is our job to remain neutral and view ALL information regarding an issue. I do not know who Gav99 is, I do not wish to "help out my buddy" and I do not care what his trading score is. I care about bringing resolution to an issue. In this specific case however, it is clearly shown that Gav99 is not at fault.

Therefore you will not be receiving a public apology as you do not deserve one.

I asked to provide the original PM listing Gav99's listing at time of PM. You sent me the one afterwards. So no, I did not make up anything and I did not alter anything. You simply failed to send me the correct PM, and after Gav99 sent me his (reported sorry, not sent) it was fairly clear what was listed at the time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Ryan~

s_o_r_r_o_w ( 312 )
Moderator Without Title

Post by s_o_r_r_o_w »

This is going to feel like a dogpile, but I need a response from Akaiyou on this.

You have very clearly edited a PM.

This is what you posted in the thread originally:

by Akaiyou

This appears to be what you actually sent:

Sent: Thu May 21, 2015 1:17 pm
Gav99 wrote: No worries.

Send it via priority so can't imagine it'll take past Wednesday to arrive.

Dude you sent me an empty box that is *edit* up, I will report this as a scam.
And it appears that you sent this to yourself:
To: Akaiyou
Akaiyou wrote:
Gav99 wrote: Tracking number 9405509699937601144775

Have them all heavily bubblewrapped and decently packaged so they should arrive as I sent them.

Is that USPS or UPS? The USPS website says

Tracking Number: 9405509699937601144775
Image of a progress bar displaying error status
error

The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later.

This is corroborated by your own screenshots.

So, there is no disputing that the PM you provided in the thread is, self-evidently, edited from what was actually part of the exchange. Now, your motivations and intentions may not have been to edit or falsify the record, but you DID. So stop saying that you DIDN'T and that the staff is BIASED.

This is my question:----> Do you understand this?

3eland has been doing an excellent job of handling this dispute, and you have been behaving very poorly. This is somewhat understandable, because I think you genuinely feel disappointed and aggrieved, but the plain facts are that this was an error, an error you made, and, while we can all sympathize with the colossal disappointment of thinking you're getting the deal of a century and then opening a box (or not opening, in your case) to find that we didn't get what we thought we were getting, you need to man up and accept that you asked for Aeronautica Imperialis models from the Aeronautica Imperialis section of Gav99's ad, listed under the Aeronautica Imperialis rule books, and that's exactly what you got.

So send them back, eat the shipping, and read the trade ads more carefully in the future.
I am always in the market for weird and wonderful GW oddbitz and ephemera. PM me if you have something old/weird/rare.

-----
No Finecast, please.
-----
READ THE RULES!
-----
Tips on shipping to Canada
-----
Bartertown Trade Vocabulary
MagickalMemories ( 832 )
Lord Logorrheic!

Post by MagickalMemories »

Something else I just noticed that matters, I think...

The subheading of "Aeronautica Imperialis" is under the overall heading of "OOP Games Workshop games."
Clearly, fav was responsible in his listing. Had akaiyou paid attention to that, he SHOULD have noticed that something what he thought were just MODELS were under the subheading of OOP games.

Eric
Lower rating? You ship first.

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.

I think what this situation needs is some imagination.

"...I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds.” – Gilbert Lowell

Want my help with a BTR or backout? All messages sent/posted should be in CHRONOLOGICAL order. Otherwise, I just won't read it.
Gav99 ( 562 )
Expert Trader

Post by Gav99 »

Case resolved; Paypal decided in my favor as clearly they were listed as described.

I also want to add that I offered Akaiyou a "get out of jail free" chance a few days ago to accept my terms under which I wouldn't post anything negative, but he chose to push for Paypal resolution to try and get all his money back.

Things are progressing smoothly now that Paypal has decided, and looks like we should come to a quick resolution for a return.

I'm just happy that I'm not out of pocket, and would like to thank everyone who helped in getting this case resolved. I will post again once the AI ships are back in hand and the refund is complete.
3eland ( 76 )
Token Canadian

Post by 3eland »

Glad to hear Paypal decided in your favour, as it was clearly shown here you were not in the wrong. Please ensure that you look over the entire product and are satisfied with the condition. If Akaiyou did not open it like he states then there should be no issues. Once you update us I will lock this thread and leave it for 24 hours before removing it entirely.

Again, you may, if you wish, open a deadbeat/back-out against Akaiyou (technically you could do a BTR but that is entirely up to you and how you perceive the trade to have gone since both sides did send. Although I think a deadbeat would be more appropriate as the issue was resolved). Any and all feedback you wish to give him regarding this trade is up to you.

I will be closing each PM report now that Paypal has made their decision.

If you, or anyone else, has any questions or concerns regarding this BTR before it is closed and removed please let me know via PM.

Ryan
~Ryan~

Akaiyou ( 32 )
BTown Regular

Post by Akaiyou »

This has been resolved.

Thank you all for your input. I'd like to request that it be removed/delete etc.
NuWishA ( 60 )
Deputy Pants

Post by NuWishA »

This won't be deleted, it will be moved to the RESOLVED BTR section though.

Return to “Resolved Bad Trader Reports”